Season 7 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I pitted twice, on laps 12 and 31, what you saw was probably me looping the car one of many times!
  2. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Race report!

Qualifying went well for me last night, I managed three PB's one after another. It was really good to see a 15 car grid get through the first few corners with no shenanigans, well done to everyone! I got a pretty good start but had cars following very closely behind so I had to really push but try to conserve my FL at the same time. I originally planned to pit on lap 10 but my tyres were lasting better than expected so I revised my strategy and pitted on lap 12 instead. I think four cars passed me while I was sitting in the pits. I eventually got back into the lead and set about getting used to the car handling differently in the dark.

It wasn't too long before I noticed Vardz a couple of seconds behind me. We had a great little battle with him gaining time on me and then me opening the gap back up a bit. This went on for quite a few laps and was very fun. It was at this point that I started to have trouble with lapped traffic though. There were a few occasions last night where drivers being lapped just didn't move over and cost me valuable time.

We continued on the battle for a while until I managed to spin it coming out of turn 13, I tried to correct it but all this achieved was t-boning Vardz as he drove past me. He came out of that unscathed though so we kept on going. The next lap I got a really good run on him coming out of turn 3 so I made a move on him to regain the lead into turn 4. My car just went straight ahead though and I took Vardz out onto the gravel with me. I pulled over just up the road and waited for him to pass me so we could continue the fight fairly. I stuck to the back of Vardz's car hoping to force an error but it ended up being me making another error with my second spin for the night; I took a little too much curb coming into turn 14 and the car ended up facing the wrong way.

Not too much longer after that I turned the car around for a third time coming out of turn 7. Somewhere in all of this looping I was doing Anth got past me and secured a decent gap. He needed to pit again though and with me having completed my second pit stop on lap 31 I was hoping he would still come out behind me. I was roaring down the straight when I saw him exciting the pits, he came out a few car lengths ahead of me and thus began the second awesome battle I had for the night.

I got a really good run on him coming through turn 3 and we went side by side around turn 4. I had the inside line so I managed to just sneak past him by turn 5. He gave me a little nudge into that corner but nothing major and we kept on fighting for P2. We spent from lap 34 until the end of the race doing this, we had a super fun battle. Anth was on softs so he would take chunks of time out of me but never got quite close enough to actually make the pass. He was applying some serious pressure though, rarely further than a couple of car lengths behind me. I held him off until the end of lap 46 when I span the car for a fourth time coming out of turn 15. I had so much momentum it looked like the car was going to spin right into the pit lane but it stayed out luckily.

From there it was a matter of just bringing the car home. I had basically no rubber left on my FL by now (I went the hard front and soft rear strategy) so I completed the last three laps to bring it home in P3. I'm pretty annoyed at myself, I went four rounds without spinning the car once and managed to spin it four times in one race last night!

Well done to @VARDZ who drove a great race and got a well deserved win. Also well done to @Anthonyb who gambled on a three-stop strategy with soft tyres all around, it paid off for you mate, great job getting P2 and the fastest lap. Thanks to everyone for turning up and giving us another great grid for the race, I hope you all had heaps of fun too.

Here's a highlight reel:

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    SPL Racing, SuiCid3 and Anthonyb like this.
  3. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Well what a race.
    Qualified well got a good start for a change and settled into 2nd behind @dj2ca with @SLAPNTICKLE covering my behind. Didn't want to push too hard at first because I was rolling the dice, taking a gamble with a 2 stop strategy and soft tyres. Dj slowly made a gap on me and I struggled to keep slap behind but as they pitted I was in clean air with a bit of breathing room pitted on lap 17 taking filling to 28ltrs came out behind slap in 3rd was trying to pressure him and was starting to feel good and thinking of a move with the gap around 1 second the I looped it at the left hander on the back straight dropping about 8 seconds to him some how found my self back close with pit stop by the boys and pitted myself on lap 34 filling to 28ltrs again came out side by side with dj gave him a little room into turn 1 a started to follow him only to have a brain fart and shifted up instead of down at turn 5 giving him a tap but we both didn't loose to much time. Being on softs I had a little more pace than dj but could make anything stick with back markers coming into play we both where being a little careful trying to get past (over all the back markers where not to bad only got held up a couple of times over the whole race) with 2 or 3 laps to go dj had a spin in the last chicane nearly going into the pits letting me past (unlucky mr consistent very unlike you) slap was 15 or more seconds up the road so I tried to keep a steady pace for the last few laps in case he made a mistake but he didn't.
    Well done @SLAPNTICKLE on the top step great race had a ball racing you
    Congratulations @dj2ca on 3rd also had a ball racing you too.
    Thanks everyone on a good clean race on to zolder (I hate this track so don't expect a great result)
    Forgot to mention that in my second pit stop the pit crew told me my gear box had gone not sure where it went but it came back about 6 seconds later so a little longer in the pits than i wanted
    See you on track
    Ant
    SPL Racing, SuiCid3 and dj2ca like this.
  4. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    I made up a couple of spots at the start and then proceeded to undo the good work on the exit of turn 9. My sense at the time was that my off lead to contact with @annewa so I redressed which left me in P15. Sorry @annewa.

I was happy with my pace. Some good battles and a couple of overtakes however I spun the car regularly which was frustrating. Need to work on consistency. Pitted lap 10 by which time FL was cactus. Went hard fronts, I hadn’t done a stint on them prior and found they were much slower, particularly through sector 3.

With about 5 laps to go I realised I didn't have enough fuel to get to the end, right on cue I spun the car again, got the blue flag and was a lap down. Ended up finishing a lap down in P10 with 0.3 litres of fuel left.
    dj2ca likes this.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah mate. Let me know when you want to catch up and I can give you my settings.
  6. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Well done on championship DJ
  7. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Thanks but I haven't clinched it just yet!
  8. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Thanks stucar17.
    I've been tearing my hair out trying to get it right. Have had it for a couple of years but since joining the league And tinkering with settings i can now see there is an issue (not just my driving).
    Any help will be much appreciated!
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    You be on tonight ?
  10. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    @Bounty05 where's your weekly highlight reel?!
  11. Anthonyb

nice highlight reel I don't remember being in front of you for so long after exiting the pits was a good fun race I think the v8 should go for 2 seasons
    dj2ca likes this.
  12. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I'll start working on it tonight
    Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  13. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    as in on ps4 project cars?
  14. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Those five corners were probably my favourite part of the race, side by side, super close and clean. Heaps of fun.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  15. Anthonyb

clean until I went up a gear instead of down total brain fart and gave you a tap nothing came out of it but it could of been bad
    dj2ca likes this.
  16. Anthonyb

if you want to tell us about anything else you might be on tonight we would be happy to listen
    SPL Racing and dj2ca like this.
  17. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    pjc ps4. what time do you guys usually get on?
  18. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Nah it's all good, just a little tap and we were on our way again.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Usually about the 9pm mark.
    Ford69xw and Anthonyb like this.
  19. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    i'm on lots of stuff but hey! that's another story!
    SPL Racing, stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will try to get on at about 9 or 9:30. Will keep an eye out for you.