Season 7 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Thanks! See you there.
  2. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    That's what I set up for. If it didn't accept it then may i started on hards all round??? Tyres were LF33%, RF68%, LR72%, RR75% when I pitted at 17 laps. Didn't take a screen shot at 2nd pit (lap 34) but LF53%, RF83%, LR77%, & RR79% at race finish lap 48 (14 laps).
  3. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I meant it was a non-tune room so there's no way you could have chosen which tyres you started on, everyone started on softs all round.
  4. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Anthonyb likes this.
  5. maximuscatticus

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Then I must've stretched softs out for 17 laps, :):):)
    dj2ca likes this.
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

7. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I did mate ran softs for stint 1 and 2 then 16 to finish
  8. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Pulling you along with me :p
    Anthonyb likes this.
  9. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    are you on stucar?
  10. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Highlights - Make sure you have the sound on and turned up !!!!!

Enjoy
    Ad2mny, maximuscatticus and dj2ca like this.
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Nice! Great soundtrack too :thumbsup:

Looks like you had a pretty eventful race, a bit of trouble getting through some back-markers.
  12. maximuscatticus

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    How is everyone doing these highlights reels?
  13. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Yeah most of them were pretty good however there were a couple that just wouldn't allow room, can get a little frustrating at times. I tried to align the start of the soundtrack with the race start, worked out pretty well I thought.
    dj2ca likes this.
  14. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I save my replay after the race and then use the Share Factory app on the PlayStation to create it. I'll give you a basic rundown.

The first thing you'll want to do is change your share button to one tap for a screenshot and double tap to start/stop screen recording. Go into your replay from the Project Cars game menu and view the replay, it's best to use a controller for this because you'll spend a fair bit of time fast-forwarding through the boring bits. Scan through the replay and find interesting parts and then just double tap your share button to start and stop screen recording on the parts that you like. All of these little recordings will show up in your Capture Gallery app (under Project Cars). Once you've gotten all of your recordings you just go into the Share Factory app, start a new project, and add all of those videos to the project. Share Factory will stitch them all together and you can add little effects if you want to. Once you're done you just select to export the project to your gallery, Share Factory will render the video together and you'll find the finished product in the Capture Gallery (under Share Factory). From there you just share it to YouTube.
  15. maximuscatticus

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Awesome cheers, I'm home with a sick toddler today so might have a crack at it later.
  16. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I had one trying to race me for about 3 laps??
    They were exiting the pits as I was coming up to then thinking they'd let me through but no? Floored it to keep ahead of me to take the lead into the first corner!
    Went to flash my headlights but pressed the Option button instead which led to me running into the gravel.........
    This was towards the end of the race and from what I could see on the minimap it looked like you had a bit of trouble there as well.

Edit: also odd how I started lagging on your screen?
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
  17. maximuscatticus

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Looks like you were lucky not to get lag punted early.
  18. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    So it definitely wasn't just me.

Drivers, some of you need to be much more aware of your surroundings, specifically when being lapped. There isn't any excuse to not know when there's a car behind you trying to get through.

1. You receive a blue flag on your screen telling you that there's a faster car trying to lap you.
    2. Your race engineer tells you when you have a faster car coming up to lap you.
    3. You should know that you're not fighting for position by looking at your mini map. If the little dot indicating the car behind you is green, you're fighting for position. If it is white then you're being lapped.
    4. You should know your racing position and those of other cars anyway.

This round at Catalunya I was blocked on several occasions, costing me several seconds on each occasion. This happened while I was battling for position and allowed the car behind me to catch up to me very easily. I was actually forced to barge through on cars because they seemed to think they were battling me, blocking me through several corners.

I had several similar occasions last week too, one of those even resulting in a collision.

This just isn't good enough. You're expected to know when you're being lapped and you're expected to move out of the way as soon as possible to let the faster driver through. These occasions are grounds for protest too.
    Bounty05 likes this.
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Mate, apologies.....i didnt get on till really late as had a sick kiddy at home and was waiting for the doc to come...

Will be on tonight for sure to help you out.
  20. maximuscatticus

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    How do I get the HUD to come up on the replay. Doesn't seem to matter what button I push nothing happens....