Season 13 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Disappointed with a dsc. Would not of changed a thing for me or the results i was nowhere with a bit of a bender over the weekend.
  2. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Well done @StigsTC only 1 win away from taking the title. Looks like @KeedenMcdonald will have to place 1st in the next 2 rounds to win the championship.

Shame that the numbers have dropped so much towards the end, I remember doing a series with this car along with @Hatfield back when GT6 first realeased and it provided some good racing.
    StigsTC likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes that was with the ORS guys on a Monday night

if the numbers drop to only one division next season, we may have to go into multi-car mode and close up the speed difference between divisions to make it closer
  4. Jaycie

Jaycie Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-R51
    Yeah look I quit last night around lap 46, but only after my favourite race of the season so far. The race with @Bryan_F was bound to be a good one from the practise race we, and it didn't disappoint.
    What happened: my back was starting to really hurt from about 30 mins in. @Bryan_F and I were having such a good battle that I was telling myself: "hang on in there as long as you can bare". So I did and it eased up. Bryan and I were running identical pace for the first 40 laps and it was great. Any little mistake or missed apex felt like a monumental change in the gap for either car. Just before Bryan pitted around 1hour10 in he made a mistake and I tried to capitalise by passing up the inside of T5 but it didn't stick. I was still on his tail though as he pitted. I did 4 more laps with the same pace and pitted myself. When I came out I was about 6 seconds behind Bryan and Russell who to their credit were having a great battle too. But I couldn't understand why the gap was so dramatically big after I pitted. This was when I decided to park up and not give my back any further hassles as the battle was too far ahead. No sense to continue in pain at that point.
    Congrats to Stigs, that pace was way too much for the rest of us you deserve that win!!
    REVO_Bryan and StigsTC like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    so it wasn't a rage quit... @emmo46 we ok with injury retirement?
  6. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I can only hope it pans out in my favour, but either way you still remain undefeated in GT6 Sunday League. To have been defeated, someone must have actually bested you in season-long combat.

As for why turnout is low, my feeling is that the car has only really been fun at Laguna Seca so far. The track just allowed you more freedom to choose your line, try to induce some oversteer in places to try and shave a tenth if you wanted to get greedy.
    Having the 3 hardest races in the first 4 rounds has made the season more frustrating for many which is sad, as the fun tracks are in the 2nd half. I expect Ascari to be good fun as well, as the circuits that we'd consider 'normal' tracks have actually made the car fun. Not sure about Stowe, but I personally like London and Stowe as I've driven them a bit in other cars and found them technically challenging and enjoyable.
    (Jump cut to next week with me swearing blue murder about Stowe and probably penalties)
    It is what it is, but all we can do is look forward to the next one and continue having fun racing on a Sunday night.
    Either way I'll be back for more.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  7. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Love it or hate it with the rocket. Just quickly running through peoples car votes, bar viper 5 of the 6 guys who voted it as number 1 are showing up each week. Im not a massive fan of it, but there also lies the challenge of it.
    StigsTC likes this.
  8. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    sorry bout the pass @Knuckles thought i was slightly futher up on you, was gona redress but you pulled in behind me
    Knuckles likes this.
  9. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Yeah no worries. Think it happened as we both backed off to give racing room and just went from there. I wasnt gonna fight to hard for it. I was cooked. Knowing 3rd was worst case too.
  10. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    I wanted to race at laguna secs cause I like the track, I just don't like the car that much. Mainly for the teams championship I'm going to stick with Stowe and ascari.
    Hatfield likes this.
  11. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    @SPL Racing has a hit squad on call for drivers attempting to bail on him and BHR.
    SPL Racing, ssman244 and Hatfield like this.
  12. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yep and I've got an itchy dialing finger.
  13. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    The only known way to achieve clemency is score a 27 while Joker twice, while also winning 4 races in that season.
    As a result of failing to win last round, I will not be leaving BHR any time soon.
    It is important at this time that I inform everyone under no duress or external influence that my decision to stay at BHR is my own, and BHR is indeed the best team anyone could wish to be a part of due to the extraordinary leadership of His Excellency, @SPL Racing.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  14. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Bad luck on what happened after your pit stop. I could not figure out the reason why you ended up so far back either. I was expecting you to end up right in the thick of the battle between Russell and myself.

It's remarkable that despite all of the close racing I had from Lap 1, the only on-track overtake occurred on the penultimate lap. It's definitely my highlight of season so far:

And it culminated in this scene at the checkered flag:
    [​IMG]
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    beautiful set up for that pass!
    russell runs wide into the first tight left which gives you the gap to get alongside, then keeping right so russell can't move over, and you move at the last moment to be able to get that better turn in without washing off too much speed and over-under we go!
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  16. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Sorry for not racing guys, I've been working a lot and just wasn't feeling fit too race and I had to be up at 4 to go work and just didn't wanna do a very long race and get up early, i'll be back for silverstone but not sure about final round
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    For the remaining lap and a bit after that pass, I had so much adrenaline flowing through my body that my feet were quivering and I could barely control my throttle and brakes!
  18. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    *Written and authorized by spl racing on behalf of the bhr party
    Sam D Blacklock and StigsTC like this.
  19. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

unfortunately im out for the rest of the season, sunday nights is now a family gig for this adopted uncle
    "blood is thicker than engine oil"
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    good luck with everything mate!
    guess we will see you on Thursdays in F1 still