Season 7 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I must say I probably only got held up 2 or 3 times last week so I was lucky. But I know Racing/practicing during the week with faster divisions you get the blue flag with faster car approaching in text on your screen. I personally don't expect people to have to run off track to let people past but everyone of us are good enough to know what the racing line is and should be able to get off the line. Yes sometimes you are busy in your own battle and might not notice the fast car but a lot of the time I've had problems when people are on there own.
    Please make an effort in the next few races to take not of vehicles behind.
    Thanks
    Ant
    dj2ca likes this.
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    The can't the HUD to show on a today unfortunately.
  3. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
  4. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    That's all good, totally understand have a sick son myself.
    I work till 8 so if i get on wont be untill 9.30 say.
    Hope thats ok. If not another nights fine.
  5. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Hope i was not one of them, if i was apologies , i did try to get out of the way where possible when i could , sliding all over the track did not help me when the tyres where shot.
  6. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    nah you're all good mate
  7. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    pheeeeewwwwwww! Thanks. The weight has been lifted from my shoulders.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    9:30 generally works well for me.....have you sent a Friend request to me yet ?
  9. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    no have not. i will do sometime today either shortly (off to work very soon) or after work.
    stucar17 likes this.
  10. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    You guys that do this every week have far too much spare time lol.... I'm sure once you know what you're doing it's quicker.
    The last 20 minutes of my replay is nothing but motionless pictures & sound effects so this the rest of my trundle around Catalunya.
    Anthonyb, dj2ca, Ad2mny and 1 other person like this.
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yep, that's because he was recording the actual race while it was happening. So he's spliced bits of that in with the replay footage

No it wasn't you, I've found you to be very good at moving over for me when I've lapped you.

You do get used to doing it after a couple of times but it is still a pretty time consuming process!
    Anthonyb and maximuscatticus like this.
  12. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I actually enjoy making these vids, it's a good little trophy to keep instead of just racing on the night then that's it, nothing. At least you can revisit the race and watch it from another perspective.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  13. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah I really enjoy it too. I don't mind spending the time doing it because I find it quite fun.

@maximuscatticus I finally got around to watching yours, looks good!
    Anthonyb and maximuscatticus like this.
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Being my favourite type of race i generally put a little more time into the endurance round.. much to the handbrakes digust but it paid off. Q went well when i posted a high 46 and was on the front row until the final seconds when anth pipped my time to relegate my to row 2. Started well and settled into P3 behind ant where a 13 lap battle ensued with only a second between us the entire time Tried 1 move on him but i ran to deep into T6 and couldn't make it stick. Had an absolute ball mate. So pit stop 1 at the end of 13 and i take on FL hard compound and the rest softs.. I rejoin in 5th and settle back into the groove of low 47's. After the field cleansed itself with the first round of stop complete i was in 2nd a 6 sec behind dj and just 2 secs in front of anth. Over the next 8 or 9 laps i had reduced the gap to dj to just over a sec but a moment coming out of the hairpin increased the gap back to over 3 sec:mad: . As luck would have it dj got tangled up with a twitchy back marker and then on the next lap looped it in the final complex of corners and i surprisingly found myself in the lead of the race. A lap later dj tried a move into T5 but it ended poorly for both of us, so as i recovered heading up to T6 there was dj waiting to redress ... :thumbsup: cheers mate. The follow lap is see anth is in s3cond behind me and about 4.5 second behind.. this gave me a lift as i knew i had 2 laps to make hay before my 2nd stop on lap 32. Can't remember where i rejoined but i wasnt really looking all i know was i had to make the best of the new boots as when the sun came out the FL would drop off very quickly. Not really sure how but after everyone had completed there final stop about lap 38 i think dj was what i felt was a comfortable distance behind to manage so i set about just trying to be consistent and not flog the FL the fact that i had at least a third of clear track in front of me help and not having to deal with any lapped traffic definitely helped achieve stretching the gap. I was surprised and pleased to see the gap back to dj growing and then eventually anth which ended at around the 20 sec mark. I really put it down to having a soft compound tyre on the front right and consciously pushing on the left handers especially the 2 slower ones. Been a while between earnt wins as i regard spa last season as gifted due to djs dsc. So first congratz all 15 for turning up AND staying the full distance and to anth and dj who i absolutely smashed... with champagne on the podium. Vardz out!!!
    SPL Racing, dj2ca and Anthonyb like this.
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Boys that's not even funny!!!! The difference between you and I @dj2ca is your qualifying Lap times have you very firmly in the front half of div 2 and on 2 occasions on the 2nd and 3rd row..... where I would be on the back row of every round thus far... you can say what you like.... defend yourself however you like you should have been promoted to div 2 purely from the fact that had you not disconnected from the spa round you would have won the D3 title comfortably... JMHO
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    You can take my place in div 1 vardz !
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Going on now mate
  18. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Ahhhh, you do understand how context works after all! Now just go ahead and apply that useful idea of context to my position in this championship and you shouldn't have anything to whinge about. And perhaps stop disrespecting the several other guys in this division who can easily run with me by saying I'm soooooo much better than them. I'm not.
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    yeah no DJ would be more chance than i and you put together....
    as for disrespecting other no mate i am just reading the time sheets
  20. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Both of you go to div 1 and leave the rest of us wherewe belong:p:D:)
    Bounty05 likes this.