Season 7 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I didn't have great outright speed through the week so I was happy to do a 45.6 in quali (6 tenths better than my previous PB) to start in 7th. I got a decent start and held position for the first couple of laps while trying to stick to Jason's bumper and cover from being overtaken from behind. At the end of lap 3 I came around onto the main straight to find cars flipping in the air, I had nowhere to go and hit them sending me spinning off into the sand.
    I went back to tenth and started chipping away at the large pack up ahead and caught back up to them as cars started to pit, I stayed out until the end of lap 14 and pitted for hards on the front. My second stint was nice and consistent with no mistakes and I was keeping the 3 stoppers in check and was looking at a decent finish. I came out of my second stop about 2.5 seconds ahead of Kart but a few laps later came through to turn 3 and I think it was AO sitting in the middle of the track and again had big contact and spun out letting Kart back through.
    I started pushing harder to recover then ran wide following Mike onto the back straight and got a 5 second penalty followed by a spin onto the main straight which quickly put me back to 11th place with V8 about 20 seconds behind me.

Great clean hard racing all night from everyone and it was great seeing how all the different strategies played out with cars having different speed in different phases of the race. Very enjoyable! Congrats to Rhino on the win, Slambo on a huge comeback and Jason for 3rd.
  2. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Well that was be most fun I've ever had In a endurance race, so much overtaking and different stradigies playing out was awesome..
    Definitely wasn't expecting to get 2nd after a terrible first 2 laps dropped back to 15th After a couple of mistakes.
    Had to just go nutz, Decided on the 3 stopper before the race I knew I needed to go hard for the whole race to make it work but never thought In a million years I would get a podium after that start. Middle stint ended up leading for a little while I thought that it may end up working, but last pit stop came out in 10th and I figured I was way to far back and just had to go on a charge making sure I could pass everyone I caught as soon as possible luckily everyone didn't fight too hard as was able to make some good moves, got lucky at the end with AO running out of gas hard luck mate, and popper having a spin.
    Would of been interesting to see if I could have caught rhino if I hadn't spun at the start..
    well done thou mate, and well done jason was a good battle for a few laps.
  3. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Was incredibly hard to see at night behind slambo's smoke screen. Did well to drift the whole track
  4. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Pussy
    Anthonyb and stucar17 like this.
  5. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    That was tge best race I've had in a long time Jason. Bloody good fun .
    More endurance race's please.
  6. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    @stucar17 can you post up the times please I missed them with the room closing before results came up
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There you go @jasondull1986

My night......well, wasnt hoping for much TBH, and when i did a qual PB of 46:2 i was happy enough even though it still put me 2nd last....

I got an absolute cracking start, and run straight up the tail pipe of whoever was in front of me, got out of the throttle to be last again. On the run down to the T1 i moved to the left hand side of the track to try to avoid slower traffic only to come across a sideways @Blindman sitting stationary, or trying to rejoin.....all i know is i didnt even have time to hit the picks and T-boned him right in the drivers door putting us both dead last by about 10 -15 seconds. He did redress, but i gave him the hurry up thinking i could follow and try to catch the group in front...

On about lap 3 there was some other carnage that brought 3 or 4 cars back to us, again at the back of that pack i copped a lag punt from someone that threw me off into the sand at T4and i was now about 30 odd seconds behind the lead pack and 20 odd seconds behind blindmans little group....

After 22 laps of further spins, and losing over a second a lap to the guys in front, i finally gave in to softcockitis and parked up in the pits....Apologies to all as i have been pretty vocal in the past of guys who have done the same thing, albeit as a more regular habit for some.......unfortunately by parking up i have also screwed up the chance for anyone to get the replay, HUGE apologies for that, if i had of known that was going to happen i would have kept going....:eek:

Anyway, i had V8 and Rhino in the chat so changed to monitor view and kept an eye on @RHINO11 as he battled away through the field, and listened as @v8power383 went from last to first to 12 again !

Well done to Rhino for the win, a solid drive again mate, @Slambobagan for what looked like an interesting race coming back through the field for 2nd and @jasondull1986 for a really solid drive for 3rd....

on to Zolder where hopefully the antibiotics have cured me and i can get into a battle in the mid pack.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I don't see @v8power383 in qually and @seth123 in the race shots... ?
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    V8 didnt qual...got in room late.....
    Seth DSC on about lap 10
  10. Slambobagan

Identical fastest laps. What happens there?
  11. POPPINFRESH1234

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    1/2 point each :laugh:
  12. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Convention says whoever set the lap first.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    thats the logical way, however there is no way of knowing when they did it unless they saved the screen shot on the app..

@mikeruntbike @Slambobagan do you have your lap data ?

otherwise might have to be a point each....very rare it happens.......cant remember another time where it has.
  14. Slambobagan

Nope had all wifi devices off trying to prevent the lag drifts so Nah sorry didn't have the app data for this race.
    It would of been set between Lap 3, to 7 on the softs trying to catch the pack after 2 spins.
    stucar17 likes this.
  15. POPPINFRESH1234

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
  16. mikeruntbike

mikeruntbike Rookie

PSN ID
    mikeruntbike
    I just checked my replay and all it shows is that I did it before lap 19. That's as far back as the replay went
  17. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Well , I had my best result in a while on Sunday night . I didn't think I'd do so well .
    I got a good start and try to settle in , I tried to put on a pass at turn 4 but ran wide and took the pass-ie with me , I made sure I let he go and re-joined in 10th I think ?
    From there the :):):):) hit the fan a few spot's up on the second or third lap .
    Coming round the last turn , car's were flying all over the place and I was lucky the get through , but after that some of the best battles began that I've had in a long time .
    I battled with 2 red and white Falcon's (I cant remember who , someone may have to fill in the gaps here) , lap after lap we piled the pressure on each other with no body giving in , I pitted on lap 12 and came just behind the same car .
    so we kept going at it till a few more came out on 3 stoppers.
    At one point we went 3 wide into turn 5 , I think at that time there was 5 of us racing pretty hard .
    I copped a pretty hard hit in turn 5 and dropped 2 spots , but he redressed on the front strait so I was happy then .
    I pitted on lap 32 and came out slipping all over the place , then Jason came out and the real battle was on .
    We were going at it like rabbits , lap after lap no one was going to give in .
    I started to get sweat in my eye's and lost concentration , when the side ways motion of Slambo started filling my mirrors , I let him go , as my tyres were starting to crap out .
    I got a surprise when I realized I was in 4th place , but run wide on the last lap and finished in 5th .
    Good win Rino .
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
  18. POPPINFRESH1234

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    I was with you for majority of the first two stints. Was good racing don't think we touched once. I had a spin (then spun again trying to get going) on lap 47 which put me back to 6th from 3rd. Then AO was almost out of fuel and dropped back. Was sitting on your rear bumper the last 2 laps hoping for a slight mistake. Which unfortunately you ran a little wide with only a few corners to go.
    TheJuzzy and Anthonyb like this.
  19. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    It was me and Poppin in the first stint. After the lag incident I was just ahead. I was just lucky to just get infront after the 3rd stop it was bloody close and I reckon if you got ahead you would of been hard to catch.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield