Season 7 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Reading the time sheets and completely omitting all context. I've qualified well, but that just means I've been able to put a good lap together when it counted. I've gotten lucky and done several PB's I during quali sessions. My average race lap times are usually far slower than my PB's. Those PB laps are maybe 3 for every 30 or so laps that I do.

Once again, some very important context...

Round 1:

Outqualified by Anth. Competitors on my tail the entire race.

Round 2:

Anth (who is much faster than me there) was away. Mick had an off night, he was the same pace as me all week during practice sessions.

Round 3:

The only reason I finished in P1 with such a gap was because I didn't spin in the wet and my closest competitors did, or had to retire. Yourself included, you were doing quicker laps than me during practice.

Round 4:

Bounty, Mick, yourself, Rano, and others were easily around the same pace as me during the race.

Round 5:

You know what happened there.

I'm not sure why this is all so difficult for you to grasp mate. I am slightly faster around some circuits when I hit a PB but it is nowhere near as tremendous as you make it out to be. Context is vital and you're just not including it in your deductions.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    Yeah i had some problems with lapped traffic and dudes not giving race room for not only the last round but the whole season ...maybe something needs to b said
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    has been mate, we are sorting it. If there are drivers who you want me to talk to just send me a PM.
    dj2ca and Mick like this.
  5. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Our qualifying time are all within .5 of each other except 1 and not much more of a difference in fastest laps I think I had fastest lap in round one until dsc. Shame about my first 3 rounds the championship would (I would like to think) be a lot tighter. Don't you love if buts and maybe's
    dj2ca likes this.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I hate them !
    Anthonyb likes this.
  7. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    Nah all good Stu sounds like yr on it Cheers :thumbsup:
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    ooi yeah nah nah yeah. The boys!
    Mick likes this.
  9. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Anyone doing laps tonight?
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ran to lap 14, put in 40 litres and hard fronts soft rears, had a bit of a dice with @disturboed for a few laps and then just drove it to the end. Last 5 laps the tyres were shagged and was struggling with right turns, braking and accelerating. A little mistake nearly cost me my 7th place with a few laps to go with @arnold watson closing fast and TBH if I hadn't crossed the line a lap down and the game hadn't taken over I'd have lost that place. Most of the race after half distance was just managing staying clear of the lapping cars. All the main action was early, with some tense driving holding others at bay.

Great stuff.
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
    stucar17 and dj2ca like this.
  11. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    The most exciting part of my race.

dj2ca likes this.
  12. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Bringing back the good ol' days!! Just need @emmo46 to cross over now. LOL
  13. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Love the side by side action with @Ford69xw at the 11:45 mark, that's awesome!
    Ford69xw likes this.
  14. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    2nd and 3rd places in the Championship race is looking good
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    SUPERCARS WORLD TOUR.

Round 6 : 28/5
    Zolder BELGIUM - 29 laps - 7/6/17 - Race start @ 12pm.
    Weather slots : clear, hazy, light cloud, clear
    Based on 1.5L over 29 laps drivers will need 43.5L (add 3.5L)

COMPULSORY PIT STOP - YES

[​IMG]

Can you believe we only have 2 rounds to go !
    A pretty straight forward round this week guys....Track is busy, with not many spots to have a rest, or take a sip !

Will keep it short and sweet as we all know the drill, and not sure how many actually read what we put up anyway !

Track Limits : Need to be careful at the chicanes, is harsh penalties for cutting at T5 (Kleine chicane) T6 chicane and also at T10 (Jacky Ickx). UP to 10 seconds if you take too much.....

Contact : We all know the drill here too. Was pleasing to hear where drivers had redressed after contact last week, even though the goal is NO CONTACT ! Is a real possibility of push penalties at the chicanes, so be careful as redressing will cost you AT LEAST 10 seconds if you have to wait if you push someone through a chicane.

TURN 1 : If we can't get through here cleanly guys we need to all go back to race school.....is very open so stay in your "LANE" till the grid shakes out by turn 3.

Pit Entry / Exit : Entry is straight forward.....be careful you dont go in too hot and miss the pit entry chicane. Could cost you a lot of time. On Exit you could make a cup of tea and bake a cake its so long, but be aware of cars entering T2 as you exit.

Pit Strat : Pretty straightforward for everyone now, i think you will have to add about 4 - 6 LTRS to get home, and most from wear rates seen most guys will run with 2 sets of FULL SOFT tyres, pit on lap 15 and fill to 24L.....as a rough guide.

Blue Flags : A reminder that when you see the BLUE FLAG show up on your screen, it is a warning you have the leaders coming up on you. While you don't have to pull over and wave them through with flowers and a bottle of wine, you are expected to move off the prefered race line and let them past as soon as you can. This track has a heap of spots to do it easily, so please be aware of the flag on your screen. For drivers lapping other competitors, a reminder that this is NOT a green light for you to bulldoze other competitors off track either. Respect works both ways ;)

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : (unless the muppet hosting decides to park up with softcockitis and the replay isnt available to anyone !) We all know the drill......with the chicanes being so brutal here, i am kind of expecting some protests.....please prove me wrong !

If there is anything i have missed let me know....good luck, some of the championship battles are looking interesting, and some may be close to locking up a championship this week.

Stu
    Anthonyb likes this.
  16. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ha ha yeah I must be behind on the entrants list I'm watching the qualifying count down and I'm like "What's @disturboed doing here!" :laugh:
    stucar17 likes this.
  17. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Yes that was the ants pants! gave you some stick and then some... alas i threw myself off the track going too hot in the corner.. Pushed you though it was fun.
    Ad2mny, dj2ca and Anthonyb like this.
  18. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I'll be on tonight cutting some laps, if anybody wants to join, give me a yell
    dj2ca and stucar17 like this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    me too bounty....catch you tonight
    dj2ca likes this.
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yep, me too guys. Might be good to do a full distance run perhaps. I probably won't be on until after 9:00 or 9:30 though.