Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if the no same team from last season rule still applies, looks like mclaren it is
    Zachery likes this.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah hats right. looks like youll have to be my team mate. :D:D:D
    warrior2167 likes this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Toro is taken anyway so McLaren it is @warrior2167 :)
    warrior2167 likes this.
  4. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Spain as you guys could probably understand was so frustrating for me once again having connection issues. All i can tell you guys is nbn in our town has been built in but not installed (no idea why) and won't be installed until another month away.

However to be honest the past 24 hours have been pretty tough for me. Nicky Hayden for me was someone who i looked up to as an inspiration. I remember as a kid watching the likes of Hayden,Rossi,Pedrosa,Capriossi and Casey Stoner racing around the track and as a 9 year old when Nicky Hayden won the championship it almost seemed like what they were doing was impossible. Even though i don't follow Moto GP and overall motorcycle racing anymore watching these guys battle and being fascinated by it was a big factor in why i'm so involved in Motorsport today.

Because of the recent events i've decided to dedicate the upcoming British Grand Prix to Nicky and the legacy he left behind.
    I intend on running with number #69 (The number Nicky won Moto GP with) The American Flag and finally an American Flag styled helmet which i plan on designing at some point tomorrow to upload onto Raceonoz before the race. Also with the terror attack in Manchester and the next grand prix being the British GP i've decided to wear a black armband during the Race. I know it doesn't necessarily achieve much doing this but i felt like i had to do something.

By the way i know somebody runs with number #69 normally. I only intend on running the number for one round and to whoever does run #69 don't change your number for this round just because i'm running it. I'm only writing this bit to make sure it's alright if 2 drivers run the same number for a round.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    2006 was the first season I watched a lot of, and his title win against all the odds was indeed the stuff of legend. It didn't matter to me that his career tapered off afterwards, his defeat of Rossi will remain forever as one of the all time great performances.

I will be running the #69 as well, a mere flip of what I already use. Such a tragic loss to motorsport and indeed the world.
    Motors560 likes this.
  6. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    Hey guys can someone please help me,I use the view that is just above the helmet when I race and I have the problem of the HUD I think its called blocking the right hand mirror,Ive tried looking to move it but i cant find anywhere to do it.Is there anyway I can move it up past the mirror ??? Cheers :thumbsup:
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    There is an option to move the hud up and down however it is a bit simple.

You can find it in graphic options. You can adjust the camera too in the first setting.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield likes this.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    DRIVERS BRIEFING R7 - British Grand Prix - 26 Laps
    Time of Day: Afternoon
    Previous Winner: Seth
    [​IMG]

Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING : Silverstone is a very fast track with but has many overtaking chances, with 2 DRS zones. It is advised you be patient however, and wait for the opportunity to arise.

SWERVING : You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains and give room to those around you. Drivers in the back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier in order to not cause chaos with crazy passes.

PIT LINES : Please take the correct entry (max 2 wheels over the unbroken white lines either side on the pathway into the pits) and on exit, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty.

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : We will be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

PENALTY POINTS: For this season you can only be awarded Penalty Points if you have been protested, fail to upload your pole position lap, make a track limit infringment on the lap, quit without retiring or spam the PS4 Group Chat.

GROUP CHAT: The chat will be used to convey vital information between sessions. Please do not spam the chat during a qualifying or race session unless it is to warn drivers regarding lag.

QUITTING : This is a huge problem in this game, remember in this series, a safety car will bring you back into the fight. As usual, if you have had enough or need to leave, make sure you retire the car before leaving the lobby. Failure to do so will result in 3 penalty points against your name.

RECORD YOUR RACE! : Please remember to record your footage via pre recording it or saving it after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on an incident.
  9. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    Thanks Jono
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    After many designs over the past few days. Here is the helmet i'll be running for tonights British Grand Prix
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    JonoStan96, Zachery and razor4797 like this.
  11. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    That looks awesome mate
    Motors560 likes this.
  12. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

it certainly does Motors, fab job honoring someone you respect
    Motors560 likes this.
  13. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

lookn fwd to seeing some replay action from you guys, i was complete rubbish tonite, not what you want when you find yourself in p3
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  15. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Well, after running a strategy test against the AI through the week, I was hopeful of a better result. Unfortunately, I was banking on a safety car fairly early on, and it just didn't come (even though the driving in front looked fairly erratic early on. Thought for sure it was going to pay off.) It all really went down hill when I ran a bit wide, caught the grass and turned straight into the path of @SLAPNTICKLE causing me to spin. Hopefully I didn't cause him to much damage, though I think I saw him pit not long after. Sorry about that, mate. Rookie error. It threw me out of my groove after that and without getting the SC I wanted, I didnt haev any back up plans and probably ran on my mediums for far too long. Anyway, on to next week.

Heres my qualifying lap:

And heres the race:

The incident with slap n tickle can be seen at about the 7:35 mark.
    warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Not a bad start this week. Doesnt matter which car or any game i have never been able to navigate this track. Happy with a few points
  17. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    It's great to be back when the racing is that good. I can't really do any practice apart from a few laps just before the race, so to be in with a chance to win was pleasing. I just screwed my pit enty and for some reason I thought it was 80. Then it clicked after, oh yeah it's supposed to be green. I just need to tidy up couple driving errors from last night for next week

razor4797, JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Race Review - Season 2 British GP

Qualy - went well, put a few dummy laps in on the Softs and mids at the start of session, basically to warm up for my end of session run at it. Got it onto 3rd Pos for the race, which i was quite happy with.

Race -

Race went well, besides a T1 incident. Got put back to last after that, with some wing damage. Maybe i should just not qualify and start at the rear next week?
    anyhow, fought my way through traffic after taking a lap 1 pit for repairs and hard tyres. Knew i could go the distance on just Hards/Mids, so put my head down and pushed for the whole race. Came up with some nice battles with @its-benny-racer and my team mate @warrior2167 about midway through the race. the 3 of us battled well and clean, was satisfying to say the least.

Once i got ahead of those 2, i got by knuckles when he pitted, along with a few others at times passing pit straight. Near the end of the race i was reeling in @razor4797 at a rate of knots, but i was killing my tyres on the way to him. by the time i got within striking distance i had no rubber left to attack him, and he had played the long game and conserved a bit for the final rush. was a few opportunities, but as i said, i couldnt get around him. another very satisfying battle, made an error with a lap to go, and ended up finishing just over a second behind him. Nice driving at the end there Jason, you held me where you had to and did what you needed to do to keep your spot. well played.

Overall it seemed like it was a clean race from everyone (which sucked because a SC wouldve brought me back into the mix) so congratulations to all. and especially to @seth123 for the WIN! also congratz to @JonoStan96 and @Motors560 for 2nd and 3rd respectively.

I must make an hounarble mention to @Mick and @Jurassic Mark for making it super easy to get by. i didnt have any issues with anyone after my t1 incident, so happy dayz and well done to you guys especially.

My first leg was slow to get going, but the form i have found in the last few weeks pleases me, and i look forward to the rest of the season.
    razor4797, Mick and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well after suffering two disconnections, I'm ecstatic to finish 2nd!

I was compounded by a third poor qualifying effort in a row, but whem Benny and Zachery decided to play in the sand I was up to third before I disconnected, upon rejoining I was already back in 8th place and wth a lot of work to do. My charge was ignited by passing Benny, Nigel and Warrior in very quick succession. However Benny was on the charge too and we fought for position until our stop. It was a poor stop from my crew.

Benny took off on new softs, only for them to die very quickly, which in turn made it very easy to pass him once we overtook razor in a very hair raising moment on the Hangar Straight. With Benny no longer a factor I set my sights on the top two, who were quite a distance ahead. My hards just kept going and going, even at 60% wear I was setting fastest laps!

I came in on lap 17 for mediums, rejoining only 10 seconds behind Seth and Motors. I was gaining hand over fist on them until I DSC'd again, with the gap blowing out to 15-16 seconds. After that I just set a FL then brought it home, still gaining rapidly on the top two but with no chance of catching them in time. Until Motors got a dreadfully unlucky puncture at the end and I swept through to take a very surprising 2nd on the final lap. Well done Seth on the win!

It's been a very fun first leg, and I can't wait for next week's race. You wanted it, you got it! 100% at Spa baby!
    Zachery likes this.
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Oi no joke, how damn good were the hards!! i was the same as you hitting my PB on them lap after lap for aages.
    Spa 100%, OMG Yeah Nah Cant wait!
    JonoStan96 likes this.