Season 7 - Division 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Will be out of town for the long weekend so I won't make the final race of the season.
  2. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Well done to stozza on the win. Not happy that I missed the race. I had just fired up the PS when I got a call to go into work. End of race night for me. Not that I would have been near the front, but I like the track.
    Good luck for the last race to everyone as I can't make that 1 either, will be down in SA on leave
  3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Stay away Freddy, it's bloody cold down here.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Only 9 ??? :(
  5. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Haha yeah I see that. Not looking forward to it. That's why I have lived up in QLD for 25+ years. Can't miss out on my old man's 80th though.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  7. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    ill have a run
    George, garyw61 and stucar17 like this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

12. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    F@#$ OFF Not buying that piece of :):):):)
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    SUPERCARS WORLD TOUR.

Round 7: 4/6
    Dubai GP UAE - TWILIGHT RACE - 23 laps - 7/11/17 - Race start @5pm - Time progression x2
    Weather Slots : Clear, hazy, Light cloud, hazy
    Based on 1.85L over 23 laps will need 43.4L to get home (approx 45L needed)

[​IMG]

First off guys, i want to thank you all for what has (i think) been a great season. Some great racing, close battles and that is exactly what we strive for.

Very few incidents / protests over the season, and i have to say that for the most part there has been a show of respect for cars around us. Shame about some of the lag / network issues that have popped up over the last 3 rounds, but what can you do ?

Ok, onto the final round.....will try to keep this short and sweet...

Track Limits : Again is a pretty straight forward track, with no real spots to test the track limits looking for an advantage.....is lots of cut penalties here (turns 2,6,7,9,10,11,12,14 and 16 !) Most are 5 sec bit cost bulk time given the long straights here

Contact : We all know the drill here too. Was pleasing to hear where drivers had redressed after contact last week, even though the goal is NO CONTACT ! Is a real possibility of push penalties at the big braking zones (T1, 6, 10 and 14), so please be careful here.

TURN 1 : If we can't get through here cleanly guys we need to all go back to race school.....is very open so stay in your "LANE" till the grid shakes out by turn 4.

Pit Entry / Exit : Entry is tough here.....make sure you stay right on the exit of T15 so you dont have to cross traffic. Exit is very straight forward, make sure you look for fast cars on the entry into T1 though.

Pit Strat : Pretty straightforward for everyone now, i think you will have to add about 4 - 6 LTRS to get home. Will be a close thing between running the soft / soft or hard/soft strat, would be based on how long you can get your front left to last. FUEL : Based on 1.85L per lap a safe option would be to pit end lap 10, run hard front and soft rear, and fill to 26L....

Blue Flags : A reminder that when you see the BLUE FLAG show up on your screen, it is a warning you have the leaders coming up on you. While you don't have to pull over and wave them through with flowers and a bottle of wine, you are expected to move off the prefered race line and let them past as soon as you can. This track has a heap of spots to do it easily, so please be aware of the flag on your screen. For drivers lapping other competitors, a reminder that this is NOT a green light for you to bulldoze other competitors off track either. Respect works both ways ;)

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : (unless the muppet hosting decides to park up with softcockitis and the replay isnt available to anyone !) We all know the drill......with the chicanes being so brutal here, i am kind of expecting some protests.....please prove me wrong !

CONGRATULATIONS to the guys who have wrapped up championships @slambo and @dj, with D2 still to be decided between @coyote and @stozza.......good luck to you both !

Stu

George and garyw61 like this.
  14. clynt reynolds

clynt reynolds Guest

Thanx Stu. Hope to finish with a bang.
  15. clynt reynolds

clynt reynolds Guest

Anyone up for laps at Dubai?
  16. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Congrats on the championship coyote! You have been very fast and consistent all season. Good luck in div 1 next season.

My lag issues continued to plague me again last night sorry guys. I had been doing consistent 58s during the week but couldnt get under 2.00 on Saturday night/pre-race. All of a sudden whatever it was slowing me down came good during the race. and I was back in the 58s. Weird. I obviously still had issues, as I was hit a couple of times by guys who either didn't see me, or I warped in to them or something. Apologies to anyone if I affected their race. Had some good racing with TB for a fair portion of the race though. Great fun!

Thanks for the season guys, has been a blast!
  17. clynt reynolds

clynt reynolds Guest

Thanks Gary. Been a pleasure.
  18. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    unofficial results.
    Qualifying
    [​IMG]

Total race times.
    [​IMG]

Fastest Laps
    [​IMG]

Not 100% sure on the order of retirements.
    I think it was stozza parking up early
    silly magpie DC/quit
    redness park up
    stielsy DC/quit.
    George, SPL Racing and garyw61 like this.
  19. dunamotornz

dunamotornz Rookie

PSN ID
    SPMotorNZ
    another great season, thanks to admins and hosts, can't do anything with lag sadly as everyone's internets is different but was constant, was good to bookend the season with wins on first and last race just fell away in the middle, think the case for getting a wheel has been made (waiting for gt sport) on the fence re next season as feel i need break but depends on car i guess :) had some epic battles (mostly with gary) but was nice clean racing just wish the car was more consistant lap over lap as that was my main struggle but its all over now hopfully think i ended up 3/4 for the season so happy for my 2nd season, CheeRS chaps
    stucar17 and garyw61 like this.
  20. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah thanks SP, we did indeed have some epic battles. Hope you can make it next season. Should be fun in an open wheeler.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017