Season 11: A Maztacular Season!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Apr 19, 2017.

1. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    Good one krunch! Don't know about Mazzie though, a little bit soft. More like Mazzilla;)
    krunch likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Mazdarella 787bologna
    krunch and Anon666 like this.
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    We always had a slightly different system due to the way our results come in via stracker/simresults, and the fact that we didn't do reverse grids until this season. It's all legit...so mod-battle, over.
    KoAStR likes this.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  5. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
  6. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

With only 3 Hi-Tec OIlers, does that mean my few points actually count towards to the teams championship? Another first for me, i havent seen the teams or drivers points yet from that race? or did i just miss it?
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Results are still provisional, there is something we are looking at.
    David Brister likes this.
  8. Mael

Mael Professional

It was not me, I'm innocent! :whistling:
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  10. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    You never know Mael-donardo!!
  11. loris P.

loris P. Rookie

Hi @David Brister
    Like I told you during the race I apologize for my reaction if I offended you. But at that moment I thought it was @Mael because of the previous contact.
    Anyway to answer in short I would like you to have a look at this picture...
    [​IMG]

Pink is GOOD Correct line on a turn like Rio @Misano
    Yellow is the fastest line
    Blue line is the INCORRECT and Dangerous line !!!
    I would like to quote these few words about overtaking in a curve:
    (k) All drivers must respect whom has the racing line when turning into and coming out of a corner.

(i) The driver whom has the inside of a corner has the entrance advantage.

(ii) Outside drivers relative to the driver on the inside must respect the driving line and avoid a

collision.
    Everybody please correct me if I misunderstood.
    If I'm Yellow and somebody is trying to overtake me as a Pink then I need to give him away.
    however if I'm Pink and somebody is trying to overtake me as a Blue, He needs to give me away.

I will add this link made by this driver of Porsche Carrera Cup to show that apparently the Pink line seems like the right one in the Rio turn.

Cheers
  12. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

I'm quite certain that as long as the person overtaking has their front wheel in line with your b-piller, then the overtaker takes priority for that corner, regardless of the line.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Rolz and KoAStR like this.
  13. loris P.

loris P. Rookie

14. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Yes other drivers must be respected and the racing line when re-entering the track or if you are slow. When overtaking it is different. Following your logic, you are saying that if an accident is to occur, the person off the racing line is at fault and that it doesn't matter how far up you are.
    Overtaking is a two person act and I know from experience that some in this league do not give the required room to the person overtaking when required.
  15. David Brister

[​IMG]

@loris P. your racing lines might be true, but u cant start your attack on that corner from out side the track limits

From the rules - (o) A lead driver (relative to the other cars in proximity) has the right to:
    (i) Maintain their choice of racing line into and out of a corner;

[​IMG]

I did start further to the left, but as you re-entered the track i moved right to allow u back onto track, which gave u the the racing line ultimately, (i didnt have to move right) but you passed me off track, so technically you cant gain a position while driving off track, its like cutting a corner, in my opinion you should have pulled in behind me, and then set about trying to pass any time after this corner for it to be deemed a fair pass.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    +1 On what Shaun said. Inside line has the right of way given sufficient overlap before the turn.

David I have seen footage of this and irrespective of track limits you drove well and had every right to your position on track.

Lets leave that one to rest. If you wish to discuss further flick me a PM.
    ed40t and David Brister like this.
  17. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Ok lads, cool your jets. The rules for ROOZ are here:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    Our suggested racing tips are here:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-good-racecraft-guide-rooz-racing-ettiquette.419/

As for this particular situation, it has already been looked at and K has given his ruling. Case closed.

Now, please remember people, this car has super twitchy crash physics and the tyres go to ice with the slightest temp change or off track excursion. Lock ups are easy and braking needs to happen further back than you think, especially as the tyres wear. This means there is a high risk of collisions, and when they happen, you will probably spin even if it's a light tap - look at me 2 turns from home at Monza - Ric and Ver hit each other harder at Monaco on the weekend FFS! We have seen everyone tip toe through the first lap of Monza without contact, so we know everyone in this room can drive and respect the guys around them - so when collisions occur it is not malicious.

This week is a very long race on a very long track with massive straights coexisting with tight chicanes. Get some practice in because there will be plenty running low aero, high fuel and long stints on skittish tyres. We are all gonna need eyes in the backs, sides and possibly tops of our heads!!!
  18. Mael

Mael Professional

I always enjoy these discussions, Koaster as driving standard judge should do a public review of an overtake after every race meeting to help improve our racing skills :p

[​IMG]

My standard line tends to be between the pink and green line even though I know the yellow line is the fastest.

As many non-aliens I tend to turn in way too early carrying too much speed (or braking too late) which means I have to delay coming back onto the throttle otherwise risk running off the track on the exit of the corner. In addition with the Mazda the car tend to plow on straight once you lock the brakes which is very easy to do. A couple of times I've almost taken someone out when a late brake maneuver became a unintentional dive-bomb due to locked brakes.
    loris P. and David Brister like this.
  19. loris P.

loris P. Rookie

You're right mate, but as you can see from this video driving from the cockpit, in this car, I couldn't really figure out my real position on the track!(Obviously this is not an excuse)

and as you can see I kept my brake and I gave way to you.
    David Brister likes this.
  20. David Brister

you had a pretty full on race there mate, looks like every panel might have got bumped into. some real late dive bombs on ya, very physical race.
    loris P. likes this.