GT5 TUESDAY NIGHT NASCAR

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Sorry guys had to pull out lap 25, pit crew went on strike. I was doing alright mid pack after dodging an early incident and jairo was giving me some good pushes too, I think he didnt know I was going in the pits though and it went abit screwy from there. Just drove straight thru the pits so went around and tried again, nope no good...so just bailed.

Ill be there next week and ill try sort that tunning issue.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Bad luck tek and cyber. Full room was bound to be something go wrong.

Can try rumbles, have you had 16 before ? Am happy for anything if it means we all get in.

Was some great racing though, will post up results probably tomorrow, not sure I wil get time to tonight.

Thanks for the turn out guys, good to do something a little different.
  3. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Loved our "Cars" Lightning McQueen double act on the last bend Stu :D

For those that missed it we both run out fuel on the last bend on the last lap and had a "limp home" 80kmh battle to the line, pipped at the post I was, should have put 2ltrs in the last pit instead of just one.
  4. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    sorry to here that Chev work does first unfortunately
    you have not let us down
    i let us down thow when i came in too fast into the pits and over shot them
  5. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    It's alright mate, its only the first round, I am sure a lot will happen between now and the last round, mate I am surprised I even got on the podium, and Aussie is now on our team (in place of Chev) and he will be a definite strength on the road courses.

Can't wait till next week :D
  6. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I hope someone saved a replay, cos I got all impatient and didn't :(

All I remember is pushing someone on L1 and turning someone (or 2, Jairo was one sorry) but I resumed after a massive spin.. I then got pushed hard in L7 to cause me a spin off track although I tried to regain my line... My tyres were gone considering I was going to pit next run around (on L9), so the spin lap took me 1.5 minutes instead of 10s :( Then the next time, I pitted in time so my tyres weren't gone and the crew went AWOL so no change. Couldn't make it the full lap back so it was again a slow run around. At least then the crew came back from smoko and changed my tyres. By then it was all over.

By the end of the race, thanks to being turned again (unsure who or if I was at fault), I was 4 laps down and the tyres were toasted again. I took a break so I didn't break the G27 or a knuckle (sorry Stu, you said it was all fun times) and came back @ 8 laps down :( Just the way it goes, I felt like Ambrose in the end...

RS and spins are pretty unforgiving to the durability, makes it interesting for sure.

P.S - No mics means no mics guys. Stu; It might be easiest to start the room with zero comms ability, a random noise at a critical point is very annoying :)
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I saved it. If you give me a very slow description of how to upload it I can email it to you.
  8. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Check out http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=239169

Just look at the part for exporting and compressing and putting it to drapbox or something like that, I can grab it from there once you upload it :)
  9. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    good job clevo but luck you run out of fuel and its good news for aussie
  10. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i had a good dice with topcat for a while that was fun thanks topcat
    it was very enjoyable but also very frustrateing
    but i looking forward to the next round when clevo,aussie,and myself will kick butt
  11. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Shake'n'Bake :D
  12. JAIRO-219

JAIRO-219 Jai Heffernan

Great race guys. Congrats stu.
    Well my game plan was to go straight and turn left then go straight again and turn left and then, wait for it, yep.... Turn left again. Now I started to think... Hey I'm going round in circles..... Then yep, I turned right, left, backwards, right again. Thinking I better go ask the pit crew what's going on, they were none the wiser. After tyres and 6 rolls of hundred mile an hour tape I was going left again. After race spoke to pit crew on why they wouldn't change Teks tyres and they said " after all our effort went into taping your car up, we just didn't have it in us when Tek came in". So naturally I fired them. New Pitt crew next week Tek.
    Gigidy Gigidy.... Let's go racing.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Was good fun guys.

Point scores and team standings all in 1st post of thread. Dont know how to use the table thingy properly...... It makes me nervous LOL. if anyone wants to put it in a proper table go for your life !!!

Cyber, is there anyones room you dont get DCQ from ??? We can try there next week, hopefully others dont have issues then :(

Funny stuff Jairo.......next week the track shouldnt be as glitchy.

WATCH THIS SPACE FOR LAPS AND TIRES FOR RACE 2. Will probably be race hards so we arent pitting every 3 laps.

Will also be at full HP so RUN YOUR DAMN CARs IN. No excuse this time, nothing like doing right and left with 40000 HP rather than 3000 HP :lol: :lol:

My race....

Managed to get 1 lap in after all the drama and bugger me i got pole. May have been a glitch, but its my series so bad luck :p

Got away well and had a really good dice for about the first 7 or 8 laps with Aussie, topcat, aza and a few others.

TC and i had come up with a team plan of pitting on lap 5, but after lap 7 and we hadnt done it yet a i gathered my team mate had ditched me, or knew something about my pit crew i didnt. I showed my displeasure by hitting him up the arse as he tried to enter the pits on lap 9 and i then had to continue on not knowing what the hell was going on !!!!

i made it in on lap 10, and with the undercut, overcut, spins, crashes, drafting and pit crews on strike i had no damn idea where the hell i was so i just looked for someone to draft with and neishy kindly ran some laps with me till he nearly killed me pulling up on lap ???? to get into the pits. ( i had a clentch moment :lol: )

All was pretty straight forward, pitted with 9 to go, decided i didnt need any fuel to save time, and all was good till 3/4 way down the back straight on the last lap and i lost all my power....WTF. OUT OF FUEL. I then proceded to do my best Lightning Macqueen impersonation and tried to push my arse through my head to get me across the line before the pack caught me. Clevo was in the same boat, but we made it home for the slowest finishing speed for the top 2 cars of any race ever held at Daytona :lol: :lol:

Good fun guys, round 2 wont be quite as easy though.....get in and do a few laps on indy road, takes some getting used to !

Stu
  14. JAIRO-219

JAIRO-219 Jai Heffernan

All good Rumble. This is just for a bit of fun.
  15. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Fastest laps?
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

If i get time i will put them up.......someone else can though ;) ;) :D
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Points after round 1
    1. Stu 30-
    2. Clevohead 27-
    3. Topcat 24-
    4. Neishy 21-
    5. Enforcer 18-
    6. Snake 15-
    7. Zampli 13*-
    8. Aza 11-
    9. Aussie 9-
    10. Jairo 7-
    11. colin 5-
    12. bonus 4-
    13. Rumbles 3-
    14. Cyber / Tek 2-

*dan raced for zamps R1.

Teams and points
    POINTS AFTER ROUND 1

1. Topcat, Stu 54
    2. Aussie, Clevo, Colin 41
    3. Zampli, Neishy 34
    4. Enforcer, Bonus. 22
    5. Snake, Rumbles 18
    6. Cyberstig, Aza. 13
    7. Tek, Jairo. 9
  18. JAIRO-219

JAIRO-219 Jai Heffernan

Great read Lighting McStu.
  19. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    ah clevo,aussie we are currently in second in the points that fantastic news
  20. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    lleast i did not come last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.