GT5 TUESDAY NIGHT NASCAR

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Results round 2, Road course Indy

All leader boards have been updated in post 1. (i finally worked it out :D )

1. Cyber
    2. Enforcer
    3. snake
    4. zamps
    5. bonus
    6. tek
    7. jairo
    8. aza
    9. neishy
    10. col
    11. aussie
    12. stu, topcat, rumbles, clevo

Shattered..................

Had been looking forward to getting into it tonight and after missing any prac before qual, i managed to screw my only lap and start 11th i think. I worked my way up to 5th after a few laps, and came in on lap 5 i think for my first stop, in 5th with zamps just in front. On lap 13 i was just coasting along and zamps had a moment, got passed on the straight, up to 4th, then GOOOOONNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEE ! WTF, disconnected from my own room :(

So frustrating. We will try either rumbles or Aussies room next week guys. My room been a bit glitchy for 2 weeks now after a good run (i hadnt been DSQ'd since season 7 )..

Topcat, rumbles, clevo........really sorry guys about that.......stupid effin network. Put it down as an engine failure. !!!!!! TC, our engine room needs a big shake up i think !!!!

Some great racing though between snake and E, well done guys. Great drive Cyber. Bit of strategy worked well.

Watch this space for regs for round 3 at high speed ring.

Off to bed :(

Stu
  2. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Was a fun race last night, 892HP on racing mediums is always going to get interesting! Qualy went well for me, snagged pole, come race start I wanted to avoid as much wheelspin off the line as possible, knowing how quickly these things destroy a set of softs (and how brutal they are on worn rears!) so I didn't nail it off the line and as a consequence, got bogged down due to the peak torque and power being at very high rev's in these cars, fell to 4th or 5th I think, quickly regained a couple of spots, before long I was 2nd chasing down E, he outbraked himself at the lefty just before the two hairpins, after that I decided I'd cruise around in order to avoid any silly mistakes, was working ok until I came across Aussie, just got a bit distracted and got into a bit of a slide through the same corner E had come unstuck at earlier, subsequently had a little off-track excursion.

I made my second pit stop, still in the lead, things were going ok, really began to think a win was on the cards, I had every intention of making my next stop on lap 18, accidentally went through to lap 19, I knew E would make up a couple of seconds on me over that lap so I tried to pick up the pace, was treacherous on those worn mediums and ended up having an off at the same bloody corner as before, at that point I knew I'd lost the lead, sure enough after exiting the pits I emerged... 3rd!! Wait, what?!! Cyber's done the 2 stopper! really surprised me tbh, I thought for sure he'd have massive problems towards the end of the race, anyway, I was catching E throughout the last stint, got the gap to Cyber down from 33 seconds to 14 with a couple of laps left, was just getting prepped to make a move on E when I got too keen on the throttle and sent it face first into the wall coming onto the mid-lap straight, ah well 3rd place it is!

Last lap I was making a lot of time on E but still not enough to make a move for position, as I came off the banking onto the final straight I notice E moving rather slowly in the middle of the road, I thought he was relinquishing position to me after he stole my win on Sunday :p anyway, I'm not into that :):):):), so I smashed into the back of his car to try and push him over the line, he came to a stop thinking I had hit him becuase I couldn't avoid him, so I stopped and waited for him to get going again, ah confusion eh, was funny stuff.

If it weren't for my 3rd mishap while catching E at the end and then stopping for about 10 seconds before the finish line, I'm confident I would have been challenging you for the win Cyber, but alas, you kept out of trouble and ended up smashing it, good race man.
  3. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Stu not your fault mate.

we need to do something about the room, do we split the field and run two races?

What will be most reliable?

Was looking forward to last night and was let down, but I feel sorry most for you Stu got booted @ lap 13 probably worse than not getting on the track at all :( to do that work then get booted.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good write snake, was a good race between you and E, felt for you when you with 2 to go when you put it in the wall down the back straight, easy to do in these beasts !!

@ Clevo, TBH, i dont really want to split the rooms. It kind of defeats the purpose of nascar, and the problems seem to be affecting different guys each week. If i run another series i will split it, maybe 10 max per room and seed the rooms each week based on race results.

I wasnt really expecting so many guys to rock up each week and was expecting 12, maybe 14 tops to be available to race. I think 15 trying to get in 2 weeks in a row must be a ROOZ record !!!!!

If rumbles thinks he can handle a full room we will try with him and see what happens. Is very frustrating though when in week one we had 15 in the room and cyber was the only issue.

Anyway,

Has certainly livened up the drivers and teams championship !!! points are up and its very close when you consider the points structure.

RUMBLES, can we make it official and use your room next week and see what happens. ?

Cheers guys

Stu
  5. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    hey guys about changing rooms, i know it seems like different rooms can handle less or more people, but from what i can tell in my experience racing on gt5 is that its more about how fast the network is on the day, sometimes 12 is pushing it, sometimes it can run 16 okay (rare as tho).

And a big sorry to you Az. I was chasing Bones and got a decent run up your inside, I wasnt giving much room and just expected to lightly rub on your passenger side as I steamed through. But instead being laggy as it was, it glitched quite bad giving you a king hit to your rear quarter, usually you can hit people fairly hard in gt5 without it doing much, but i forgot how careful you must be when its laggy and i turned ya right round, i totally ruined ya rythym (and tyres maybe?) and I felt real bad after I waited for ya then you spun again, so thats why at the end I waited and surrendered my spot to you.
  6. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    No probs mate cheers yeah I was trying to get bonus too and yeah my tyres were a bit :):):):)ed after that but as I said no probs mate and cheers cause you didn't have to do that I've raced against you long enough now mate that I know it wouldn't have been on purpose bud.
  7. JAIRO-219

JAIRO-219 Jai Heffernan

Well done Cyber. Good win mate.
  8. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I came up half a lap short tyre wise couldnt match my 28's in practice either. Had had one of those brain fade moments on the last lap and slightly burned the rears abit exiting hard one corner. Got one of them down to the dreaded 1ml of tread and limped home to give 5th to bonus, nearly coughed up 6th to Jairo too. Looks to be a good team battle heheh. 1st job to always beat ya team mate.

EDIT I said i'd get lap times didnt I....... I'll get em tomorrow.
  9. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: cool Tek just make sure i'm at the top of the list hey HE HE ;)
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, round 3 of the NASCAR series.

Track. High speed ring

Laps 40

Tire regs. Racing soft qual and first stint, racing meds there after. (same as round 2)

1 lap qual.

Room open (rumbles?)

Race qual 8:30

Race start 8:35
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

We'll give it a go, I'll open it through your lounge like I do with Enforcer's Mazda races :)
  12. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    cool i'll be there.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @ rumbles, I don't understand what the advantage is with you opening my lounge, as opposed to me opening my lounge?????

I was under the impression it was my lounge that may have been the issue so we were going to try yours ??

Anyway, am sure you guys have a better understanding of how all that stuff works so will be guided by you.....

Stu
  14. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I believe (I may be weong) that me opening the room in your lounge will urilise my connection. At least that was my understanding. If that isn't correct, or no one clarifies, I will just open via mine.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I think we should use your room rumbles. At least that way it takes any doubt about my room out. If there is still issues then we can be assured its the network.

I assume you have all the guys on your friend list

Cheers stu.
  16. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

In case it gets lost in the shoutbox, room will open at 7:30. Here's hoping all goes well :|
  17. zampli

zampli Team Driver

sorry for ragequitting, surprised by qualying 4th (or 5th, cant remember) and got off to a good start. battling around for the lead, then i pitted a lap before others and undercutted them, so worked quite well. snake was close by and he took the lead, then i spun once. kept on going, then spun again and really couldnt be f$@*& anymore. was looking to be a good one for me, such a small line to cross before this car starts to go crazy. just cant really enjoy nascar on road courses for me. i guess im just lazy lol
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No worries zamps. Spose to be fun remember !!!

Results.
    1. Snake
    2. Bonus
    3. Cyber
    4. Dan
    5. Stu
    6. Topcat
    7. Disturboed
    8. Clevo
    9. Jairo
    10. Rumbles
    11. Aussie
    12. col
    13. Tek - enforcer - zampli - Neishy

Will try to get the ladders done tomorrow.

Thanks for the room rumbles, seemed more stable.

Sorry you missed neishy, had to get cracking.

Next round Daytona road. Watch this space for regs and race length.

Stu
  19. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I was disappointed about whatever it was that happened between tek and Cyber, tek seemed to be running a similar sort of pace to me about 7-8 seconds back, so it seemed he was goin to give me the best race last night, unfortunate to see him pull out.

After hitting traffic during qualifying I thought, great, it's gonna be one of those rounds, started 6th, quickly worked my way towards the front and from then on just concentrated on keeping it pointing forward while running at a comfortable pace, really didn't want to get into a hotlap session unless I absolutely had to, besides, I had no idea how long the tyres would last and didn't want to get caught out making more stops than others, worked out in the end, had a couple of minor slides (one was the missus fault!) but the rest were just a result of worn tyres on a car that was just waiting to bite my head off at the slightest bit of throttle input, good fun! Lucky the race was only 40 laps as I don't think I had the fuel for one more. Daytona Road should be interesting, fuel consumption will no doubt be pretty high again.
  20. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: Missus Fault!!! YEAH RIGHT..

none the less m8 well driven, TOP WIN :cool:

on the other hand my race was pretty poor but fun, drifting 900 horsies around corners and 99% of the way up the god dam straight.
    sometimes holding it together then other times smashing face or arse first into armco :/ :D :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.