Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Ahh so it was the tablets I was taking :/ though so
  2. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Just for your own personal growth, maybe in the future you shouldn't take the pills some random guy gave you on a street corner.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Nothing to write home about, a good start ruined in a carbon copy of Spa, but no SC to help this time. Had some severe braking issues throughout the race which hampered my progress, but my crash into the pit wall trying to make up time was all me. Hopefully it doesn't hurt too much in the long run.

Huge congrats to Motors on a fine win.
  4. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Victory got stolen by what I think was a Motors lag punt on lap 23 :(
    Was on a comfortable 1 stopper but after hitting the wall (whilst I was fully along side early in the 2nd DRS zone) I had to pit again due to wing damage.
  5. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Dissapointed to run around 5th for so much of the race only to run out of road inside Jim and the result being lots of wear lost in the spin and 15 or so laps later a penultimate lap puncture......go figure :laugh: Was gambling with a 1 stopper and it nearly paid off, oh well I'm getting glimpses of cutting it at the top of the field but reckon I may be a little to opportunistic

Well done motors on the win and @Toranafan-02 on managing that 1 stop...
    Zachery and Toranafan-02 like this.
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Race started and my glorious g29 pedals had jammed the brakes on and yeah that's me..
    Zachery likes this.
  7. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Had some really good scraps throughout the race. Just disappointed my race ended the way it did.
    warrior2167 and Knuckles like this.
  8. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Yep I hear ya @Bryan_F

@RHINO11 i had no issue with the first contact, we were racing side by side through a corner, no biggie.
  9. its-benny-racer

Full race video.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  10. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    First 5 minutes of Benny's race where he's behind me really illustrates this, I seemed to really struggle for traction trying to get the power down and had to correct the car quite excessively through almost every turn for the whole race. Evern on brand new tyres...any ideas as to why this is happening?
  11. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Seemingly a much less interesting run for me. No major incidents. Expected to get lapped MUCH earlier than I did with such short laps. Got somewhere around the 20 lap point before the blue flags came out. Pretty happy with that.

Qualifying:

Race:
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    warrior2167, Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Do you run traction control? If yes its gotta be setup
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Bump your differential up. Default setting is far too low.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Oooh might want to fix that up mate, you posted the Monza race!
  15. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    That I did. There was bound to be some kind of incident somewhere tonight.. hahaha All fixed.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. its-benny-racer

Its the never ending setup battle of F1, to have good turn in and stability getting on the throttle. Wing balance, suspension and diff all have an effect on how early you can get on the throttle.
  17. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    That for me was the race of many emotions
    First off was able to grab my second pole of the season by the slimmest of margins over Knuckles who was very impressively on the front row and Razor with all 3 of us being within a tenth of each other.

Got a tidy launch off the line but like everyone else really struggled with traction so was unable to pull a margin over the chasing pack behind. Ended up pitting lap 7 to get the horribly worn Ultras on to switch to softs.

As the SS starters cycled through the pits for their first stop i resumed the lead but despite pulling away from Knuckles. Benny was on a charge and by lap 18 he had completely caught up after i'd been held up by Hatfield who i ended losing a piece of front wing to. My attempts at holding Benny off resulted in some pretty cool side by side racing however lap 23 came around and after a better run out of the hairpin Benny once again was next to me and then randomly crashed into the wall (Just want of make it clear there was zero contact on my screen). Then the same lap on the approach to the final 2 right handers i receive the dreaded "Migrating Host". I freaked out because i knew with the likes of Jono, Seth having difficult races i knew their wouldn't be many more chances for me to win a race. Have to massively thank Hatfield/Warrior whose additional invites sent prior to the race got me back into the lobby.

Ended up back in the race on lap 25 where i pitted immediately knowing the likes of Benny, Razor and Knuckles had already stopped to put SS on. With a slightly BS front wing change of 2.8 seconds i was able to just get ahead of Knuckles and that was all i needed to bring the Silver Arrows their first win of the season. After the heartbreak at Monza with the console freeze this was the best way to recover from that with Pole,Win and fastest lap.

@Nigel Burley Mercs are back on top mate, You said it last week. :thumbsup:.
  18. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

First ever front row start. Happy with that. Good start but tyres where always going to go early. Undercuts worked and the battle at the end was great fun. First time ive got to really race benny since season 12 gt6. Always spot on. Poo end but this game gets better every week.
  19. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Yeah you can see I tried to avoid it as I darted to the right when we made the contact but oh well, my spin was my trademark overly optimistic move gone wrong :laugh:

Cheers @its-benny-racer, @JonoStan96 and @Toranafan-02, will have a play with my setup and see what I can do but I can't set up a car to save a live.....end up using Spectres set ups every week :laugh: Yeah was running low traction so will have a play with that.
  20. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    I normally go in time trial and play with a couple of the top setups until I find one stable enough for me