Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield

Qualified 12th on the Super Softs, so started on the Soft tyre.

Off the start a few guy ahead got away poorly on the left side of the grid and I got half-way up the inside of @Jim_aka_The_Man but still not enough by T1, so slotted in behind to see @JonoStan96 & @Zachery touch, sending jono off track. The end of lap 1 saw passes on @Bryan_F & @Nigel Burley (after he had taken advantage of some other lap 1 concertina)

Lap 4 I lapped the broken @seth123

Lap 8 I caught the @RHINO11 & Jim battle for 3rd. They made contact which meant jim had dirty tyres for the next turn which almost saw us come together with me on the outside, and then passed him as he pitted.
    The next lap at 2nd to last turn, rhino had a moment which allowed me to get a run and pass on the straight

Lap 11 @George moved over to be lapped

Lap 16 @Motors560 was all over me as I was nearing the end of my first stint but I was able to hold him until lap 18 where he went over-under at the exit of T1. I let @its-benny-racer through and tried to latch onto the back of them as I was due to pit soon. While this was happening, @razor4797 was catching me and was now on my tail.

On lap 19, razor had started showing the nose a little, and then the unthinkable... contact! The car spins and I am sideways in the middle of the track. Luckily @Knuckles gets through without a collision and I limp to my pit-stop.

4th when I pit, I come out in 9th with Jono just rounding turn 1. But as he is on Softs, the SS tyres allow me to pull away.

Lap 22 I re-lap tuddy and then pass rhino as he recovers from a spin

Lap 23 I catch and pass bryan

Lap 25 I lap @Jurassic Mark but now knuckles has caught me

Lap 26 I catch and pass Jim with a slight wheel bang but now knuckles is all over me and he passes me on the straight.

Lap 27 is a good battle with knuckles, but benny catches me and I let him passed on Lap 28.

Lap 29 is full of defence trying to stop razor finding a way passed, but too much throttle too early on the left/right S gives him the opening he needs and I then pit to run Ultra soft tyres for the final 6 laps, coming in from 5th.

I exit the pits in 9th, just ahead of @warrior2167, and being my final charge.

Lap 31 I catch Bryan & Jim battling. Bryan puts up a valiant defensive effort and I almost bin it in the grass. Time to calm the nerves, re-focus and charge again!

Lap 33 Jim runs wide at T1 and I pass Bryan round the outside at T2! T3 see's both of them spear into the sand behind me...close call!

Lap 34 I catch and pass rhino.

By lap 35 I have caught @Toranafan-02 and we pass a stricken knuckles by the side of the road. Torana gives it too much out of the last corner and I manage to pass on the outside down the straight.

Finish the final lap and come home in 4th!!! Best result this season!!
    razor4797 and warrior2167 like this.
  2. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Well I haven't done this for a while but I felt I should for this race, still a few mistakes that could have seen me higher up but it wouldn't be normal if there wasn't. Lucky to finish after a VERY NEAR miss
    JonoStan96, warrior2167 and Hatfield like this.
  3. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Pole Lap
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

When it comes to setups, it should be noted that what is good for time trial won't always be good for the race. In time trial mode the tires don't wear and fuel is permanently on 10 litres. Many of the good time trial setups are only fast in qually, but after a few laps on the softer tire, they become more difficult to drive.
    Toranafan-02 likes this.
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah i agree with @its-benny-racer. Last season i used TT setups and struggled late in stints. This season ive Softened up the setups a bit and stabalised the rear. seems slower on paper, but mid stint it comes alive compared to those around me.
    Toranafan-02 likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If only you could get to that stint with an in-tact car more consistently...
    Zachery likes this.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    mate, your telling me. consistency wins races, and thats why ive only won 1 :(:(
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    A bit strange how some of us were racing in the sunrise, others in the afternoon... Perhaps to do with the system software, or maybe it's just a new glitch.
    Zachery likes this.
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Mine was in afternoon and i had done the update
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I had done the update but mine looked quite bright
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah afternoon is bright like Toranafans vid, sunrise wouldve been darker, as per Motors vid.
  12. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167

Somehow I finished with a few points there. I was just hoping to stay with the leaders early on and because there a small gap to rhino in 6th, I didn't want force any pass on zach. Zach however went deep into 2 and left the door open for me, then que the braking duel at turn 3, all was good I thought until we touched wheels on the exit. To top that I reveived a drive thru for pit lane speeding. The rest of the race was just hoping for a SC.
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah mate, i took 3 really wide to let you go, was planning to tail you back up to the leaders. then you went a bit wider on exit than i thought you would. apologies mate. When my video is finished you will see from my POV, we barely even touched! so it was quite unlucky for us both to end up in the dirt.
  14. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92

So my race was a case of chasing the pack (AGAIN)

Started well from 4th, got in the train and we were away! had some contact when trying to let warrior through on the exit of 3. didnt seem like much but put us both into the dirt.

Pitted to repair my wing, and then hit someone up the ass and had to do my soft stint with a damaged wing. ended up pitting early from that stint, which may have been the wrong move, but took US with 5 laps to go and just made it home.

This season has been a case of what couldve been for me. oh well, onto next week and just keep pushing. Cheers lads.
  15. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Yeah I see what you mean, it was so light.
    Zachery likes this.
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah i honestly reckon we got ripped off there. i was more than happy with both our positions coming out of the corner, and dont believe that level of contact shouldve resulted the way it did.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Results are provisional.

[​IMG]
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Ugggh the FW14B and 18.... :sleep::sleep:
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    warrior2167, razor4797 and Knuckles like this.
  20. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Such pathetic contact to cause an off.
    JonoStan96 likes this.