The MINT_GTR aka Matt Simmons support thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stucar17, Aug 13, 2015.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great result to finish 15th.
    Peter Wise and Anon666 like this.
  2. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I thought they finished p11 and the 23 car was 5th? Thanks
    VARDZ likes this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    when i looked at the app it had them 15th....
  4. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Nah they ended up 11th watched the end and it's on nismo twitter. Massive gains from there qualifying position. Just need to nail that and who knows
    stucar17 likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    That car had top 10 pace, I couldn't believe what I was watching when cars were setting flyers at the death when the track was at its best, meanwhile Nissan called both their cars in while they plummetted down the order... I'm sure they had their reasons for it but from my perspective it was plain stupid, Parry was on another flyer and then called him in...
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    have the nissans had some power or weight back or something ?? If they have then they should go good at Spa....
  7. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Paul Ricard has always suited the GTR.
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well put it this way, they wont be losing 2.5 seconds in the middle sector unlike last year...
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Mint going up Eau Rouge, the new car is flat through Blaunchimont! Bodes really well as opposed to last year's disaster :)
    [​IMG]
    stucar17, Anon666, Peter Wise and 2 others like this.
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Do not swear Jono by using that dirty D word... i just won't have it!!!!
  11. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Which One?

Dabbers
    Dabbed
    Daces
    Dabs

Dab
    2 Letter words that start with d

• de
    • do
    Peter Wise and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    How much of your life did you just waste @Beau_Albert :laugh:
  13. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Easily the longest Copy and Paste I've had in a while!
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    D I S A S T E R
  15. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

really really wish i didn't press the spoilers button
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Press D to Pay Respects
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Time to sit and reflect do short recap of what was an amazing day. Caught up with Matt after a cross language tussle with a local telling me to move the car you can't park here and me telling him that Matt ... driver of Nissan #22 car is coming out with a car parking validation ( team car parking ) I managed to get a 5 min grace and as I started heading toward the entry Matt walked into sight... the surprise on the guy's face was priceless as Matt and myself returned to the car... A the look on the guy's face was a priceless as Ieally think he thought I was full of it... So after parking up and we walk in to the track Matt hands me a wrist band telling me that it is an access all area pass... the next thing he hands me is a wrist band that gains me access to the pre race grid walk!!! I stood for a second before I picked up my jaw from the ground and just about broke into tears thanking Matty.. It will be the highlight of the trip I am positive of that..... So as we enter the track area the first thing that gets my attention is the steepness of Eau Rouge... It is ridiculous and as we start making our way to the paddock area the second thing that get my attention is how steep the down hill run to Eau Rouge is ... probably more so than what lays at the end of it.
    So walking in the paddck area and seeing all the team transporters, their marquees with the tyres for the coming sessions in them. We walk into the pit bay where I get a close up look at the 22 and get a couple of selfies. From there Matt gives me a tour of the Paddock and we start making our way to the RJN Motorsports hospitality tent which sits atop the bus stop chicane. When we arrive there Matt then informs me that I am a guest with full access for the weekend.... At about this time I am feeling like the luckiest mofo on the planet... and I haven't seen a a car in action yet.... So Matt leaves as he has to head off and do that thing he does... being part professional race car driver and it then the Lamborghini Trefeo series practice session starts which was a cool appetizer for the main game.
    So from the hospitality marquee I hear the field exiting the pits and heading down the Kemmel straight. I grabbed my phone out and decided I would video the entire field going by for the first time... From the marquee you can see all the way down to blanchimont and then the first 150 meters of the F1 front straight. As the first car came into sight I could feel the hairs on my arms stand and goosebumps cover my entire arm... I even tried to video them but failed to focus... It is something that will remain with me until my last day... The hour long session takes about 90 seconds and word filters through that both the cars are in the top 10 ... No internet access on track for me and French speaking commentary makes it difficult to follow.
    So from there I start chatting to others in the tent and I meet Gareth who asks me if I would like to join them in the garage for the qually session..... I think it took a full 10 seconds to answer him but he knew the answer from my jaw again making a clunk from hitting the ground. We enter the garage and it is organised chaos. I am shown where to stand as not to be in the way... which was in front of a bank of 4 screens showing timing and a broadcast. To my left was a line of table where there was 5 gentleman seated .. 2 engineers for each car and Bob( Mr RJN )seated in between them... From the start it was clear that it was going to take something special to even make the super pole session on Friday night as 2.18's flashed up on the screen moments into to the session... In front of me was Alex Buncombe just shaking his head saying they have been sandbagging... Again the 60 minute session wizz's by and both the cars are mid pack 32nd and 35th I think... I get to see the engineers and Bob talking with the drivers and the proverbial shaking of the heads is going on... I get to have a quick chat with Matt and I decide to go and watch the start of the night session from the top of Eau Rouge.. The session starts and I am halfway up when I hear Matt Parry put the 22 car into the wall about 50 meters from me... I didn't know it at the time that it was the 22 but remember thinking that's going to hurt.. it wasn't until I made my way to the top of the hill and saw the car on the tilt tray that I thought that is it for the car and Mint and the others and that the teams weekend is done... I walk back to the garage and saw the car... I didn't take a photo of it... Wasn't sure if I was allowed but if you can imagine the front left rubber resting next to the left hand rear view mirror.... I heard that at the point of contact 7.5 g's were recorded... As all
    this was all happening Lucas Ordonez set an all time PB for the car of a 2'18'9 I clearly still see the look on Alex Buncombe's face when he saw the time... So the session ended with 1 car written off and 1 car inside the top 10 and heading to ... what will be in about 5 hours time a super pole session....stunned... Hope you enjoy my not so short recap but hey it's a once in a life experience!
    VARDZ out
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I reckon we polish this up with spelling and formatting and front page it
    Do you have a photo we can use to header it @VARDZ ?
    Anon666 likes this.
  19. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Go get 'em Matty. Have fun over there Vardz you lucky dawg!!
  20. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    The photo that matt has used of the car going up Eau Rouge with the paddock in the background woyld be perfect for this Matt said
    Peter Wise, Anon666 and JonoStan96 like this.