Season 8 Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by RHINO11, Jul 24, 2017.

1. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Hello everyone, decided to set up a thread for hot lap videos of each track this season and other tips that may come in handy as well such as passing spots, tricky turns (i.e. after the tunnel at Monaco) and pit stop times. I'm no @Beau_Albert so I won't be the quickest at all or maybe even any of the tracks we visit in the Formula B so if you have the time to do a hot lap video that trumps mine for speed then feel free to chuck it in the thread. Consider my videos as a base line to get you going each round. Also go for your life to add in any additional helpful tricks I may miss out on each round :)

First round at the temple of speeeeeeed!!! It's Monza time! A very fast and flowing track for the most part so corner exits are crucial here. Will aim to get more tips and a hot lap uploaded sometime this week.
    cola1001, Spidey_11, Noremac and 7 others like this.
  2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    May I suggest we ask for some professional help by @Anon666 's mate spoofdy??
  3. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    So here we are at the Temple of Speed for Round 1!!
    A fast and flowing track, braking points can be hard to pick up and corner exits are both crucial but very tricky. As for overtaking look for a good exit out of Parabolica and get them into T1. T4 is a possibility but could end badly so make sure your well alongside and also into T11 or even T8 if your feeling a little adventurous. The tricky turns on this circuit are the exit of T2 and 7 where you'll find oversteer galore. Make sure your careful on the chicanes as well otherwise you might see yourself halfway to the moon with to much kerb action.

Not the best lap but it should get you going....bear in mind the quality of these videos will probably improve over the season as well :laugh:
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    awesome Thanks @RHINO11.

Looks like i wont be far off the pace at all this season. i did a run last night. Qually on a 33 flat. FL for the race was 32.4. Fuel was no worries, but the front Left tyre was quite done by the end of race. I wonder how unbalanced the car would be with a medium on the FL and softs for the other 3?
  5. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I accidentally put mediums on the front tyres only during testing a few weeks ago and the car was horribly unbalanced! The damn thing wanted to turn around on every corner entry.
    Anthonyb, Spidey_11 and Zachery like this.
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I was going to test this tonight will let you know the outcome
  7. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    I tried a medium on the front left and felt like a had put on a square wooden wheel
    dj2ca and Anthonyb like this.
  8. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    Last night I tried putting a medium tire on FL only, raised the pressure slightly too. Didn't like it, pretty much spun on any fast right hander as the left side was loaded up. I'm toying with the idea of testing mediums all round or up front but fwiw I think the best option will be to run softs and look after the front left.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    you can run softs all round for the whole race doing 1 stop, no probs. even when i was at the end of my stints i was still able to go flat 34s, so the time lost isnt too bad at all
    stucar17 and dj2ca like this.
  10. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    This. I pitted on lap 18 when we did a full distance run on Monday and I still had something like 55% left, no decrease in lap times either. Should easily make it home on softs and one stop.
    Zachery likes this.
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah i found the same in my full run. pitted lap 15 (halfway point) and made it comfortably
    dj2ca likes this.
  12. POPPINFRESH1234

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
  13. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    So did you guys have tyre wear on 3X?
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  14. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah. double checked before i did my run too. last time i did a full run i had wrong settings, so ive learnt now
  15. POPPINFRESH1234

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    My tyres only last 10 laps :roflmao:
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    how low are we talking though? going off the in-game indicators, or a tablet?
  17. POPPINFRESH1234

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    about lap 8 I have no green left on tyre. Have not checked on the tablet
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Okay, the game indicators only show the first 50%. If you look on the tablet it will still be at 50% when the game says 0
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah my run the other night saw me finish in the 50% range for both stints with reasonable grip and lap times right to the end....Fuel wont be an issue.....
    Zachery likes this.
  20. POPPINFRESH1234

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Are they standard sway bar settings @RHINO11
    RHINO11 likes this.