Division 2 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I've been managing low 35s and 34s with a tow.
    Dj and some others are consistently in the 34s
    Anthonyb likes this.
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Looks like low 34's to high 33's is about right. Up for some laps tonight?
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  3. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Sorry fellas I'm going to have to pull out of this season. I don't think my shoulder injury is going to be able to handle a full race, hopefully there's someone that can take my place.
  4. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    That's a shame mate, I hope you recover well soon. Hope to see you back in action next season!

@stucar17 you were looking for an empty spot to move @Telum up, yeah?
    Anthonyb likes this.
  5. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Thanks @dj2ca hopefully I'm hanging for pcars2. Spewing cause I was already getting in the 35s with only a small amount of practice and not much time with this car.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    that's a real shame Rossi.....was hoping you were going to really enjoy the battles with the guys you had raced previously, i know they all enjoyed it.....if it comes good let us know and by mid season may be a spot for you to make a guest appearance
  7. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Cheers Stu hopefully I can make a couple of late appearances.
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Thats no good at all buddy get better soon. Look forward to racing you soon.
    dj2ca and rossi0nsx like this.
  9. Anthonyb

Will try to get on tonight keep an eye out for me.
    dj2ca likes this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    If you want a specific livery then this is what is left !
    Numbers in red have been claimed....
    • SciFlex Group #11(anthonyb) and #12 (redness)
    • Hauminator #19 & #20
    • Benefit Pro #1 & #2
    • Mixlub #9 & #10 (T_B)
    • Sheriff user #15 & #16 (stilesy)
    • Cobalt #5 (bounty) & #6 (DJ)
    • Bastier #3 & #4
    • Jancon Mobile #21 & #22 (gary)
    • Stichmuller #17 (normxc) & #18
    • Petrolos #23 & #24 (Ranok3n)
    • Race Community Centre #27 (telum) & #28 (ned28)
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    Bounty05, dj2ca and Anthonyb like this.
  11. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Jancon #22 please!
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    R1 : MONZA - 29 LAPS - 7/3/17 - 12PM Race Start
    WEATHER SLOTS 4 : Light cloud / Clear / overcast / Medium cloud
    Wear : X3
    Fuel : Real
    DAMAGE : Visual only
    TIME PROGRESSION : Real Time
    WEATHER PROGRESSION : Sync To Race
    10 min QUALIFYING : Starts at 8:10 SYDNEY TIME
    RACE START : At 'APPROX" 8:20 pm SYDNEY time.....
    [​IMG]

OK guys and gal !

Welcome to Round 1 at Monza. Please take 5 mins to read the following driver briefing.....I will try to make rounds 2-7 much shorter.....you know the drill.

This is the first time we have run a 'true' open wheeler in our sunday league. The car is fast, grips like :):):):) to a blanket, and should give some great racing. We have tried to pick iconic F1 tracks that should let us use the draft and KERS. The biggest issue is that drivers MUST give room to those around them, and BE AWARE of braking zones and lines......more on that below.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE MADE A CHANGE TO YOUR CAR AND SAVED TO ALL TRACKS. THIS WILL GIVE YOU THE DEFAULT 80L FUEL FOR QUAL AND THE RACE. iF YOU DONT DO THIS YOU WILL RUN SHORT OF FUEL......

PLEASE BE ON TIME.
    Race Rooms will opened by host at approx 7:30 Sydney time (tune room) for people to set up their pit strategy, with the room host to open the NON TUNE race room at about 8pm Sydney time. If you cant make it PLEASE let the host / captain know in the division thread or by sending a message on PSN.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. The penalties are pretty harsh here, and you will need to be careful at all three chicanes..... BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. Obviously, this is a higher chance at the chicanes. We have seen a few examples last season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : Is plenty of spots to set up a pass here. When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Stay in your lane till the grid shakes out by turns 3 and 4. Last time we raced here there were issues at turn 1, lap 1 with guys being too aggressive.........please get through there cleanly ! Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will have to make sure their pit strat is sorted for each round, and make the decision of wanting to take the soft / hard or a mix of the 2 at their pitstop. We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the falcon one (even default). From my race run i found that i could run 2 sets of soft tires.....i would recommend you try a 15 lap stint to see how your tires last.

FUEL : Will not be an issue...i finished with 20L at race end.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are straightforward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain right on the exit of Parabolica (T10) for a clean entry into pit lane.
    On EXIT, drivers should be aware of fast drivers approaching. The exit line isnt that long, so you should have no issues on the run into turn 1. . Please stay as far right as possible into T1 if there is traffic approaching, once through the first corner then all should be good to resume racing.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

Hope you all have a great season guys,
  13. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    Re fuel not being a problem. Should we set fuel to zero for pit strategy? That way no fuel is added?
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    correct
  15. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    stucar17 likes this.
  16. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Won't make round 1 unfortunately. Away for the weekend.
  17. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Team Understeer
    dj2ca likes this.
  18. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Loving the new signature!
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeeeeewwwww, it's race day! Can't wait to get this season kicked off with you guys tonight, gonna be a blast!
    Anthonyb likes this.
  20. Anthonyb

Yeah everyone is very close on times should be very interesting season
    dj2ca likes this.