Division 1 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    R1 : MONZA - 29 LAPS - 7/3/17 - 12PM Race Start
    WEATHER SLOTS 4 : Light cloud / Clear / overcast / Medium cloud
    Wear : X3
    Fuel : Real
    DAMAGE : Visual only
    TIME PROGRESSION : Real Time
    WEATHER PROGRESSION : Sync To Race
    10 min QUALIFYING : Starts at 8:10 SYDNEY TIME
    RACE START : At 'APPROX" 8:20 pm SYDNEY time.....
    [​IMG]

OK guys and gal !

Welcome to Round 1 at Monza. Please take 5 mins to read the following driver briefing.....I will try to make rounds 2-7 much shorter.....you know the drill.

This is the first time we have run a 'true' open wheeler in our sunday league. The car is fast, grips like :):):):) to a blanket, and should give some great racing. We have tried to pick iconic F1 tracks that should let us use the draft and KERS. The biggest issue is that drivers MUST give room to those around them, and BE AWARE of braking zones and lines......more on that below.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE MADE A CHANGE TO YOUR CAR AND SAVED TO ALL TRACKS. THIS WILL GIVE YOU THE DEFAULT 80L FUEL FOR QUAL AND THE RACE. iF YOU DONT DO THIS YOU WILL RUN SHORT OF FUEL......

PLEASE BE ON TIME.
    Race Rooms will opened by host at approx 7:30 Sydney time (tune room) for people to set up their pit strategy, with the room host to open the NON TUNE race room at about 8pm Sydney time. If you cant make it PLEASE let the host / captain know in the division thread or by sending a message on PSN.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. The penalties are pretty harsh here, and you will need to be careful at all three chicanes..... BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. Obviously, this is a higher chance at the chicanes. We have seen a few examples last season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : Is plenty of spots to set up a pass here. When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Stay in your lane till the grid shakes out by turns 3 and 4. Last time we raced here there were issues at turn 1, lap 1 with guys being too aggressive.........please get through there cleanly ! Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will have to make sure their pit strat is sorted for each round, and make the decision of wanting to take the soft / hard or a mix of the 2 at their pitstop. We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the FB one (even default). From my race run i found that i could run 2 sets of soft tires.....i would recommend you try a 15 lap stint to see how your tires last.

FUEL : Will not be an issue...i finished with 20L at race end.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are straightforward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain right on the exit of Parabolica (T10) for a clean entry into pit lane.
    On EXIT, drivers should be aware of fast drivers approaching. The exit line isnt that long, so you should have no issues on the run into turn 1. . Please stay as far right as possible into T1 if there is traffic approaching, once through the first corner then all should be good to resume racing.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

Hope you all have a great season guys,
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    POPPINFRESH1234 and Zachery like this.
  2. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Or maybe even the Formula B pit strat...
    Anthonyb, stucar17 and Zachery like this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Im glad you read it Rhino ! No excuses now !
  4. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Well got my t150 up in running the wheel looks and feels like a piece of :poop:, but Surprisingly once setup and racing ffeels pretty damn good, solid ffb and accurate steering so easy to drive now, t3pa pedals work with it too. think my t300 has had issues for a while. Ready to go racing
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Man my t150 has been great aswell. For an entry level wheel, its really good
    Slambobagan and its-benny-racer like this.
  6. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Has anyone else noticed the change in wheel feel and feedback between the softs and mediums? Softs it's normal and smooth, mediums it's clunky and grabs at certain points. It's night n day when switching between compounds. I'm on a t300 if it matters.

Also, it's been awhile on pCars, if default setup is selected, does that mean I'm 100% locked in with the softs? Or if I set my default with mediums will that be my tyre in the forced default setup lobby? I tried this but it reverted me back to softs, just not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Also.. also, mandatory pit stop, but do we HAVE to change tyres?

Also, also... also, Stu can I pls have the Hauminator #20 if available. If not I'm not fussed and chuck me in any # number.
  7. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Can't really comment on the difference in force feedback because I haven't used the mediums. But, in regards to the tyres you'll start with softs no matter what. In a non-tuning lobby it'll always select the "determined by weather" option or whatever it is, so it'll be softs, or wets if it's raining. You don't have to change tyres at the stop but you'll definitely need to because the softs won't last.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  8. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Mine is undrivable on mediums. Specially under braking. I am using t500
  9. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Is that mediums all round or just fronts?
  10. POPPINFRESH1234

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    all round
  11. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

hi guys, really lkn fwd to racing the FB with y'all in this series. great track list stu!
    SPL Racing, stucar17 and Spidey_11 like this.
  12. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright guys and Gal......ITS RACE NIGHT !!!!!!

First off, good luck to everyone tonight....i hope you all enjoy the season and have some great racing.

Without wanting to sound like a broken record, i cant stress enough how important it will be to get through turns 1 and 2 cleanly off the start, so those of you at the back 3/4 of the field NEED TO BE AWARE OF BRAKING EARLY !

Make sure you have your pit strat set, if you are having issues with this let me know and we will help you get it sorted....In your pit strat you will need FUEL 0 and TYRES AS YOU NEED !

I imagine there may n=be the chance of protests this series if we don't use our heads, please redress if needed. Remember to save your replay (make sure you have space on your hard drive), and let the stewards group if you wish to protest.

Any problems please let me know
    Stu
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  14. POPPINFRESH1234

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Any way of doing a practice start in the 5 min warmup before race? Most people are fairly careful but will only take one person to wipe out half the grid
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i might do some 3 lap races before going to the race room
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  16. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
  17. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional