Season 14 - GT300

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    no problem
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok so according to the attendance poll, we will have a full grid with natman replacing knuckles

other reserves feel free to be available in case of someone pulling out or not available to race at late notice or for race 2.
  3. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Dark Metallic Orange w/ Black Wheels
  4. Ben Hamilton

Ben Hamilton New Recruit

PSN ID
    ben-jordz
    Am I allowed to hav the #2 on my car?
  5. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    autobachs gariya gt-300 #19 round/bold panels-polarized 007 (orangey-red) wheels-chrome 012 (gold)
    good luck for tonight everybody! :D:D:D
  6. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Metallic Sakhir orange body - Variable colour GT polarized 003-p wheels
  7. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Is there room for me to race tonight?
  8. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Full room already this week
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thank you all for coming last night and persisting through the issues we had trying to set up.

It seemed like it was hard racing through most of the field for the entire length of both races which is what we were aiming for when setting up this season so that is good to see.

Severely disappointed on how the night ended. A huge sorry to @emmo46

Whether or not you are/were going to lodge a protest, I have done so on your behalf against myself. (I know this matters little)
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

@Hatfield. Im not 100% comited so you can give my spot to whoever is next in line. Pretty sure natman replaced me last night. Not gonna stop someone racing if im in and out each week.
    Hatfield likes this.
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Don't worry about protesting yourself, I'm not protesting and even if I did I would be placing three protests and don't feel up to worrying about it. My night started on a high by qualifying third but that was put to the sword in the first corner were I was pushed off and back to last place. On the bright side I had some good racing coming back through the field.
    I'll be taking a break from this season to ease the congestion in the room and save my self from the disappointment.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Please do reconsider and stay. I can say that the room issues were not due to congestion.
    And it's quite normal to have problems in the first race, with everyone still getting used to everyone else.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    please at least give daytona a go! The RX7 should have a massive advantage on the flat out sections
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @natmanscoop would you like a full time spot?
    natmanscoop likes this.
  15. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Last night was a learning curve for what looks to be some very good racing this season. My initial post frustration was fuelled by the lack of pace in the Lexus I think, just means I have to drive better.
    I want to apologise to Emmo for the race 1 incident, I saw you forced wide from T1 and held my inside line through the exit of the bend and thought we'd be side by side on the exit. I feel you didn't know there was an overlap and I went so sharp as to be in the grass on the inside once I saw you come across. Please don't leave after a little incident like that mate, I'd feel guilty as hell if that were the case. After that it set the tone for how I drove all night, lifting off and braking early just so I didn't make contact going for a move meant I couldn't pass legitimately and the fear of being protested against for trying to pass someone made it frustrating.
    Qually: Really would've liked the 10mins but you have adapt and go with the flow sometimes and after screwing my T1 entry i had lost over a second on my practice laps already, recovered to start an ok 5th.
    Race 1: After turn 2 it was a case of trying to race on and do what I can, getting stuck in 4th meant the win was pit of question early so I tried to push the lexus as hard as possible, got into 3rd, but lack of pace prevailed in a battle against moon in the rx7, no chance on the straights meant I had to pressure him in the twisties. Just loosing out in the end.
    Race 2: Atter making a good initial jump, I found myself pushed wide going through the staircase and in a close pack of fighting cars I was shuffled back, from there it was about trying to pass those ahead which became very difficult. I'd catch someone then go for a pass just to be cut off, lifting off to avoid accidents cause me to be passed with no momentum. Eventually through various incidents, luck came my way in the back end of the race to finish 6th.
    This multi class system will work I think, it's just a matter of learning who and how you're racing against others and here's hoping we see some good racing in the weeks to come.
    StigsTC and Hatfield like this.
  16. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Loved your pass around the outside of 130R, probably the best bit of racing I got to see.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    ssman244 and Hatfield like this.
  17. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    I like how the only car I could have a go at legitimately passing was another Lexus though hahaha. You made it real tough to get by.
    StigsTC likes this.
  18. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Definitely a case of highs and lows for me. Pole and an awesome race long battle with @B-Spec Bob was the highlight with both of us having an off track excursion trying to beat each other. 2nd race on the other hand, well I'm not completely convinced by the reverse grid format. I could point fingers, but then I'd have 3 more fingers pointing back at me. A bit of chaos although passing @emmo46 around the outside of the hairpin was fun. Either way, next round is looking good.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  19. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Indeedily doodily neighbourino!

Mixed bag for me last night, Shame how T1/2 turned out for @emmo46 in race 1, I was trying to stay low and "always give-a the room" but was a bit slow, probably backed you up a bit, sorry. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    My brake pedal kept dragging every time I gapped @ssman244 which sucked!
    Race 2 was a pinball machine on my screen in T1/2, did anyone else have first lap lag-tag?
    It settled down almost straight away, not before I lag-tapped a recovering @Zanta21 (I think), sorry dude.
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46