Division 1 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    I'm out. Thanks for letting me try , sorry to @Zachery and anyone else involved
  2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Round one results.
    Qualy:
    [​IMG]
    Race:
    [​IMG]
    Fastest Lap:
    [​IMG]
    SPL Racing likes this.
  3. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    DSC
    Lap 1-Torana and Zharvs
    Lap 17-RHINO
  4. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

From P2 to 16th in 1 corner, thought I'd would of been out of the mess starting front row, ahhhh nah, pole axed by someone into the first corner. :thumbsdown: Not cool.
    POPPINFRESH1234 and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Some tremendous racing there, especially in that second stint with @SPL Racing and @mikeruntbike.

A bit messy at the 1st corner, but only lost a place or 2 with so many cars trying to fit through the chicane at once. Binnied it a few laps later and wound up back in 14th. Not sure how I managed to come back to 4th but the car really did feel good on that 2nd set of tires, particularly in the high speed bends.
    Spidey_11 and SPL Racing like this.
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Softs or mediums
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Qualied 3rd, which was a huge surprise. Went from matching a 33:5 on my last flying lap, to being up by .4 with a burst of Kers down into parabolica. Finished with a 33:1, which I was happy with.....hopefully out of the T1 scramble.

When the lights went out, got a half decent start .... had v8 on my right and he lagged into slambo which pushed him across my nose and I just avoided a messy first lap. Setttled Into 4th, only to have v8 bouncing around when I got close, couldn't believe when he let me past, then I managed to get the gal out to 6 sec by the stop on 14.

Second stint was good, tyres were good and managed to keep the gap for 3rd. Not sure what happened with @Coojak3009, he went from 1st to pits with about 10 to go. Happy to get second and have a solid start to the season. Hopefully these lag issues sort themselves soon , last PSN update has screwed with it I reckon.
    On to hockenheim.
    Spidey_11, Anthonyb and SPL Racing like this.
  8. Coojak3009

Coojak3009 Rookie

Well thought I was about to get my first ever win. was out in front by over 6 seconds when I Seemed to have a game glitch or car malfunction of some sort. For some reason something jump under my car which seemed to be my front wing or some mysterious object of some sort, because my front wheels were off the ground and no longer touching the road. WTF. Never had anything like that before and still a bit baffled. Disappointing but what can you do. On to the next one.
  9. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    This is like what happened in the meet n greet at sakitto for me. I rode a kurb and it's like my rear suspension broke witch doesn't make sense with damage off
    Anthonyb likes this.
  10. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    So after an abysmal qualifying performance I was looking for a good start and managed to gain 4 spots on lap 1. Yewwwwww might still have a chance....yeah nah
    Started losing time to Stu and the top 3 then a spin dropped me back further. Pit crew decided I was fine on the tyres I had and wouldn't change them :(
    Was a battle of the overheated worn out tyres VS fresh new tyres after that and it didn't end well....
    Drop round sorted then, unfortunately I fear I need to find some more pace if I want to be in this championship fight.
    Anthonyb and SPL Racing like this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    imgur
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    get ready for another massive Race Video from me! a whole 2 minutes!!
    Lol i wasnt even mad. was a bit humerous if anything. nothing anyone couldve done so its all chill.

EDIT: Just remembered that im supposed to stay in lobby after pulling out of a race on this game. sorry if i caused any instability. will take note if im in that position again next time round.
    stucar17 and SPL Racing like this.
  13. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Whoever hit you appears from no where in your mirror so someone had a lag issue
    Zachery likes this.
  14. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Was Torana, he was ahead of me then he simply disappeared....now I know where he went :laugh:
    Zachery likes this.
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah i spoke to him afterwards, all good. thats what i meant by nothing anyone could do about it.
  16. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Wow what a race! Considering I didn't even make the start line before I was flipped on my roof I was pretty happy to bring it home in 6th place.
    I just couldn't put a lap together in quali and ended up starting 11th and as soon as we got off the line a few cars beside me locked wheels and fired over into me flipping me upside down. I had no reset car button mapped so I thought that might be the end of my race right there. But I eventually rolled back onto my wheels and got to start again. The pack was already going through turn 1 and I thought I was in for a lonely race but with a few incidents ahead of me I tagged on to the back of the pack towards the end of the lap and started picking my way through.

I had some awesome battles along the way with @its-benny-racer @Slambobagan and @Spidey_11 to name a few and we had some great side by side battles keeping it clean and heaps of respect given. I pitted at the end of lap 13 for a fresh set of softs then started reeling in Rhino who I thought was going uncharacteristically slow (now I know why) I felt I had good pace in the final stint but Benny was flying and drove away from me leaving Slambo chasing me down. I had to hold off Slambo for about 6 laps and he finally had a good run on me coming into Ascari on the penultimate lap. He stuck his nose up the inside and I gave him plenty of room as we went side by side through the first section, I took plenty of inside kerb into the right hander so he could go around the outside but he must have taken too much on the outside and run off into the wall leaving me to coast home for a hard fought 6th place.

I was so glad I didn't give up after the bad start because that was one of the most fun races I've had, almost every lap I had someone in front of me I was attacking or had someone behind attacking me.

Congrats to @POPPINFRESH1234 for his first div 1 win (do you still want to go back to div 2?) and to @stucar17 and @v8power383 for rounding out the podium.
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great job SPL.....i said through the week that if there are cars fighting in front you can really make some time on them and get back in the fight....Just a shame about the lag issues.....hope they sort themselves soon.
    Hate to say this, but i actually found after the race that my system was doing an 11 gig update for BF1 that my kids were playing through the day....didnt actually see it till i went to switch off the system, and there was still over 8 gig to go o_O. If this was the cause of the lag issues huge apologies.......:oops:
    Anthonyb, dj2ca and SPL Racing like this.
  18. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah all it took was for 2 cars ahead to go side by side through a couple of corners and you could make massive ground on them and get in the fight.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Just getting in early, but i wont make round 2. Got family outing for my birthday
  20. Coojak3009

Coojak3009 Rookie

Congrats poppinfresh1234 good race mate and to well done stu and v8power for he top 3 finish.
    Anthonyb and Spidey_11 like this.