Division 2 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Bounty05 likes this.
  2. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    I started 8th. Got a good start and was 5th exiting 1st chicane and in the draft of P4. Couple of laps in had contact from behind at 1st chicane which was not redressed and cost me 2 spots.
    Started 2nd stint 8 odd seconds behind @Anthonyb and it became apparent he had some sort of issue. At the time I thought he hadn’t taken new tires and was out of rubber. Turns out he had no tyre temp, damn glitches. Anyway got round Ant before the parabolica with 6 or so laps to go.
    Had a great battle with @SuiCid3 for most of the race. Truth be told he was quicker than me. I was using KERS near start/finish line and was ok through the 1st chicane so could hold him off through Roggia. I was slow though the two right handers which affected top speed down the back straight. Lap 27 SuiCid3 overtakes through 1st chicane, we go through side-by-side and give each other room but he had the line so pass stuck. Nice move. Later that lap was in the draft and used KERS from T6. Drew level and we had a coming together a T7. Didn’t realise he was tipped over till next lap. Shame it ended like it did. I thought I raced hard but fair.

Thanks for the race all on to Germany
    Anthonyb and SuiCid3 like this.
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    My initial thought was that you locked up coming in. I was disappointed, but given the 20 odd laps we were racing each other, I wasn't actually angry at all after I got tipped.
    After viewing the replay, I definitely should have swung it out a little wider.
    And don't sell yourself short mate, you had awesome pace and consistency during the race.

Edit: got the most retarded shortcut penalty at the end of lap 1.
    Coming round the parabolica, kept to the left to try and avoid the two in front of me that were battling, then end up getting a 5s shortcut penalty for going too wide....
  4. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I got that same cut penalty in practice through the week its nearly worth doing a practice run to see where there are penalties. Just a tip 3 wide into turn 1 at Monaco doesn't work for either of the outside cars one gets a cut track 5 sec penalty the other gets the wall.
  5. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Good racing guys. Well done dj, and also bounty and stilesy on the podium finishes. Too many spins and penalties for me unfortunately. Really sorry to the guys I spun out in front of at Ascari.
    stilesy likes this.
  6. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    On top of being given wets after saving last night i may miss next round as ill be in a new house and the internet might not be up by sunday night ill keep my fingers crossed
  7. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Last night was mostly lonely for me but it we still quite intense and fun! I qualified ok, I was pretty happy with P4 considering some of the pace I'd seen around Monza. I got a pretty good start off the line and managed to slot it between a couple of cars to settle in behind Redness at turn 1. Surprisingly enough we all got through the first chicane (and the corners that followed) without any shenanigans, well done to everyone on that!
    I followed closely behind Redness, had a look at a couple of corners but wasn't close enough to pass. Not until the pit straight where I got a mean tow and used KERS to fly past and hold the inside line into the first chicane. I got through there clean and started to build my lead.
    The rest of the race was a battle against myself; driving as hard as I could (so as not to let anyone close the gap, hopefully anyway) while managing the keep the car on the road. It worked well except for the one time I cut the corner just a little too much through Ascari and absolutely launched the car through the air. It stayed pointing the right way luckily though, I think I lost about 2 seconds to Bounty there.
    I did have a very strange lap on about lap 22 though. I lapped the driver who was in last place (on track, one other car had already retired) who then proceeded to seemingly race me. This all ended with him actually making contact with my car from behind through the second chicane. If you're in last place and the race leader laps you, don't try to bloody race him to unlap yourself (or whatever the reason), it was extremely lucky that the shunt I received didn't turn me around and lose the race for me. If it had there would be hell to pay.
    Other than that I had an absolute blast last night, thanks to everyone for showing up and giving us a great sized grid to play with. Congrats to @redness-63 on a brilliant quali lap, congrats to @Bounty05 on a great drive for P2, and congrats to @stilesy on grabbing P3 and a great FL. Honorable mention to @Anthonyb who was driving a fantastic race until Lady Luck decided to pack it in and he ended up with a cold tyre glitch after pitting, you should have been right up there mate, I'm hoping your luck turns around!
    Anthonyb, Bounty05 and stilesy like this.
  8. stilesy

stilesy Rookie

PSN ID
    stilesy
    Hey guys I can't race this week... Got the big showdown on in Adelaide! Won't make it home in time sry. But I'll be back for the rest of the season
  9. stilesy

stilesy Rookie

PSN ID
    stilesy
  10. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Looks like the penalty system in pcars 2 is a lot better.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  11. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    Nice vid. Good comeback too.
    Is there a tutorial on how to make these clips? I'd like to have a go at making one.
    stilesy likes this.
  12. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I can give you a very simple rundown. The first thing you need to do is save your reply after the race. The next thing you need to do is edit your Share button so that it's like this:

Single tap: screenshot
    Double tap: start/stop screen recording
    Hold: access share menu

Go into your replay and start viewing it, when you find something worth including in a highlight reel you can double tap your share button to start recording the screen while that part is playing, then double tap again to stop recording when you've captured that section. You'll find yourself fast-forwarding through most of the replay finding these worthwhile sections of racing so it can take quite a while. Here's a hint: hit the options button to hide the replay controls before you start recording a section, it looks much better without those controls being visible.

All of these little screen recordings will be exported to the Capture Gallery app on your PlayStation (access it from the main PS4 app menu) under the Project Cars tab. Once you think you've recorded all the good parts you can close Project Cars and then open the Share Factory app (download from the PlayStation store if you don't already have it). From there you need to create a new project, it'll walk you through some theme options and then you can select which videos you want to include in the project, just choose all of those screen recordings that you just made and select to start the project. It'll basically throw all of those videos together in the order that you select them so you need to browse through them and make sure you select them in order from oldest to newest.

Once it's started the project you'll see a timeline for the video you're creating, each of those smaller videos will be divided in order. You'll see some options at the bottom of the screen that are pretty self-explanatory, these allow you to trim the videos, add text, create fancy animations to occur when going from video to video. It's pretty easy to get the hang of once you're in there. Once you've done all you want to do you can save the video and then export it, it'll render the video for you and it will then be saved in the Capture Gallery app (under the Share Factory tab) for you to upload to YouTube.
    Anthonyb, stilesy, Zachery and 2 others like this.
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    thats a pretty good rundown. only other thing id suggest, is using the "double tap share" option to record the race as youre racing also. we have had issues in the past saving replays, so its a sorta backup option too i guess.
    stilesy and dj2ca like this.
  14. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    dj2ca likes this.
  16. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    George, garyw61, Anthonyb and 3 others like this.
  17. stilesy

stilesy Rookie

PSN ID
    stilesy
    What @dj2ca said :thumbsup:
    Anthonyb likes this.
  18. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Here is my vid from Sunday nights race at Monza from a slightly different perspective. Turn up the sound and enjoy....
    stilesy, garyw61, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  19. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    Pretty slick. Your replay has me as making contact off the start. It was clean at my end. I'll upload tomorrow
  20. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Need some more Team name guys..