Division 1 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    SPL Racing likes this.
  2. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    you have to be friends to see it i think
  4. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah Benny
    was so much faster but I just kept my nose in front which must have been infuriating for him. He was going through the parabolica around 20kmh faster than me so I was a sitting duck at turn 1 most laps. But I was using my Kers around curve grande so was beating him to the 2nd chicane.
  5. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    sorry I just set it to public. try again
  6. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Would have been good to have had a good battle but I was so far back I couldn't even see one.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  7. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    After 20 seconds of that vid we can clearly see that 3 most definitely does not fit into 1 :laugh:
    SPL Racing and POPPINFRESH1234 like this.
  8. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Looks like a lot of hard work
    SPL Racing likes this.
  9. Slambobagan

Was a good battle nice close racing,
    SPL Racing likes this.
  10. Slambobagan

Especially when rhino is in the middle braking balls deep:coffee:
    SPL Racing likes this.
  11. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Especially when the guy on the outside drifts across.... ;)
  12. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I planned on doing a video race recap but my ps share recording didn't workout so I've only got limited memory of details of the race.

For qualy I put myself right at the back so I could avoid the turn 1 at monza :) and it worked pretty well.
    Through the first race stint I had a blast with a few battles and having a good eye of some just ahead of me. This car makes for good work overtaking and defending with that slipstream.
    I had a few bingles during the race but that was half the fun as well. Knowing these are open wheelers and you could get caught putting a wheel in the guts of someone else made you think twice about that late brake or the heavy defend into a corner :).
    Pitted around half way and the immediate grip of fresh rubber was a nice surprise. After the pit stop the second stint of the race was quieter.
    Happy with a P8 result as it could have been a lot worse. I did see some top ladder guys at the back end of the pack having to work their way through again. Seems like some nice racing is in front of us for this season :)
    Well done to the top three, good to see different names up there!
    SPL Racing and Anthonyb like this.
  13. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  14. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    R2 : HOCKENHEIM - 32 LAPS - 7/1/17 - 11AM Race Start
    WEATHER SLOTS 4 : Heavy cloud / Med cloud / Light cloud / Clear
    WEAR : X3
    FUEL : Real
    DAMAGE : Off
    TIME PROGRESSION : Real Time
    WEATHER PROGRESSION : Sync To Race
    GHOSTING : Off
    COMPULSORY PIT STOP : Yes
    [​IMG]
    Ok Guys and gal......First off, well done to everyone for what was a largely incident free round 1 last week....There were a couple of incidents, but overall the racing and room left by everyone was great to see. Lets hope it continues ;)

MAIN POINTS FROM R1
    - make sure you make a change to the car settings in the garage and SAVE TO ALL TRACKS ! This will give the 80L of fuel that is required.
    - If you decide to quit the race DONT QUIT THE ROOM !
    The thing we learnt from lap 1 incidents, was that the cars are fast enough to get back in the game. When drivers are fighting for position, those behind were closing at around 1-1.5 sec per lap.....10 laps and your back in the fight
    -
    LAG .... for some reason there is an issue ATM with lag in most rooms....Can i ask THAT ALL DRIVERS RESET THEIR ROUTERS before the race......Anything we do to try to make it better is a good thing.

POINTS FROM PRACTICE :
    - Turn 1 exit curb is a killer !
    - Pit lane entry / exit (see below)
    - Cut penalties at turns 1,3, 7,10, 16, 17 (see below)

PLEASE BE ON TIME.
    Race Rooms will opened by host at approx 7:30 Sydney time (tune room) for people to set up their pit strategy, with the room host to open the NON TUNE race room at about 8pm Sydney time. If you cant make it PLEASE let the host / captain know in the division thread or by sending a message on PSN.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. Hockenheim is fairly straight forward, there are cut penalties at turns 1(outside), 3 (inside), 7 (inside), 10 (outside) and finally between 16 &17 (outside). BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. Obviously, this is a higher chance at the chicanes. We have seen a few examples last season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : Is tough to pass here......give room where required. Obviously the T6 hairpin is the premier spot to 'try' to make something stick, is potential though for it to go pear shaped if you get in there too hot

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive. The T1 kink will be tricky on lap 1....as always, give room and back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will have to make sure their pit strat is sorted for each round, and make the decision of wanting to take the soft / hard or a mix of the 2 at their pitstop. We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the FB one (even default).

FUEL : Will not be an issue...

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both entry and exit CAN BE TRICKY.....There is some sand on the left hand side of pit entry, go in too hot and YOU WILL SPIN ! Make sure you do a prac run before race day. The EXIT is slippery and its easy to spin from the control line in lower gears.....again, have a prac run...once out of the lane the run into T2 is quite simple....look for fast approaching cars though...

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
  16. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Not gonna make it tomorrow or probably the week after
  17. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    That's a shame mate
  18. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Video of last week up.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  19. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    So, that race esacalated quickly
    Well done @Nigel Burley for the win....we can all admit you weren't the fastest but you just hung in there thanks to the draft of my fat ass in the 1st stint and kept your nose clean while the rest of us self imploded in a bit of a slug fest for 2nd. Great drive, it's not everyday you survive a 15 lap battle with the Rhino without getting punted (just ask Stu) :laugh:
    nigegunz likes this.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ...and the entire F1 2016 grid
    nigegunz and SuiCid3 like this.