Division 2 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    I was looking at the track map and thought you were further up. Oh well

Also I agree with @redness-63 I had been practicing in a online room with Jim that I had setup which had good grip, then the qualifing and race rooms had none and my front right was cooking (extra 20 deg on it)
    Anthonyb likes this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    This happened to me last week in a prac room....cant remember who was behind me and saw i couldnt drive, left rear was broken or something and was sitting in the road......Some days are diamonds and some are stones ..... frustrating as it is

@stilesy , From the posts above seems a shame that there was a bit of lag in the room....we had a little as well in the div 1 room most weeks, buggered if i knw why.....when i saw the replay from V8 of myself and benny bouncing all over the road i couldnt believe it, even though i seemed to be solid on my screen, with a few others lagging....

All i can say guys, is please be aware of this (lag issues) before jumping to conclusions that create any issues or blow ups....we are all here for some good racing, in probably the toughest car we have used so any lag issues are amplified if anything.

Great to see a good size grid.......keep doing what you are doing DJ and will see you up in D1 next season !

On a side note...this has gone in all div threads....can everyone tone down (myself included) some of the language on the mics.....i unplugged mine last night for a couple of seconds and my 10 year old heard 4 F bombs and and a C bomb in the space of 10 seconds.....We also have drivers using the chat to hear whats going on, so if they are in the chat through their TV, everyone in the room can hear. Not a great look.....Thanks

Will try to get Driver briefing up for monaco tomorrow, get ready for what i think will be the toughest league race we have done in my time here....can i suggest that EVERYONE get some prac into the pit lane, out of pit lane and a 16 lap run to see how tyres go.....I did a race run late last night and with X3 wear on tyres will be a close thing.....Is a super hard track, so we will use GHOSTING ON for the inevitable spins and wall stops that will happen....will be a serious test of patience for everyone.....
    George, garyw61, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  3. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

On pit exit do not cut turn 1 or you will cop a penalty
    George, dj2ca, garyw61 and 1 other person like this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    R4 : MONACO (Azure) - 32 LAPS - 7/3/17 - 4PM Race Start
    WEATHER SLOTS 4 : Light Cloud / clear / Medium Cloud / Heavy cloud
    WEAR : X3
    FUEL : Real
    DAMAGE : Visual Only
    GHOSTING - ON
    TIME PROGRESSION : Real Time
    WEATHER PROGRESSION : Sync To Race

[​IMG]

Ok guys and Gal.......Get set for what i think will be the toughest league race we have attempted ever !

We all know the general stuff so will keep this a little shorter than the other briefings.....

PASSING : is VERY hard to almost non existent here.....Am sure we have all watched the F1 and it is a bit of a procession, so if you get stuck behind someone, dont make a kamikaze and create a mess for all those behind....The only REAL passing opportunity is out of the tunnel into T10, but drivers will need to be aware .....

GHOSTING : will be on, so any drivers who make a mess and get stuck on a wall should ghost....its isnt fool proof though so you will need to keep your witts about you with cars in front...

PIT ENTRY/EXIT : Again, this is VERY tough....the pit entry is tight on the exit of rasscasse, try to stay right and dont go in too fast or you will crash....
    EXIT : YOU WILL NEED TO BE AWARE OF CARS ON THE FRONT STRAIGHT AS YOU EXIT ..... the yellow blend line is hard to stay in as you leave the lane, and the race line tends to run into it a little. Drivers WILL NEED TO MAKE THE NORMAL T1 LINE so you dont cop a penalty...i would HIGHLY RECOMMEND you practice your entry and exit a couple of times so you know what is a good approach....do it in a race room so you can see any potential penalties....

CUT PENALTIES : Is tough here, but Turn 1 will give you a penalty if you cut the ripple strip to much. Turns 10 and 16 will also give penalties on exit if you cut the chicanes.....

CONTACT : We all know the drill.....big chance of front to rear contact top of the hill (T3 - massenet), down the hill into Mirabeau and the Hairpin (T6) and also after the tunnel where people may get a rush of blood and cause the world biggest accident ;)...PLEASE REDRESS if you gain a clear advantage from contact....

SPINS or STUCK ON WALL : if you get stuck on a wall is very tough to get out of here....please use your map before backing up, or spinning to face the right way. This can be an issue at the hairpin....if you need help with wheel settings let me know .....

RESET BUTTON : If you are stuck on a wall or upside down and cant get out you may use the reset button, HOWEVER anyone caught using it for advantage WILL BE PENALISED .....

BLUE FLAGS : There is no other track where observing blue flags is more important....Please be aware if you are being lapped that you must move out of the leaders AS SOON AS IS PRACTICAL.....If you are a leader coming up on a SLOWER CAR, you must still make the pass cleanly.....Everyone will need to be on their toes here....

GENERAL : From the limited prac i have done it is close to being a 1 stop, 2 soft stint race.... HOWEVER, there may be some value in a 2 stop strategy to get you out of traffic and keep your tyres in good shape.....The pit lane here is very short, so not a lot of time lost compared to other tracks....with the time loss on old tyres this could be a good option....

Good luck everyone, and please go into the race KNOWING that passing opportunities WILL BE LIMITED.. be prepared to be patient.....and if you make a mistake you will need to take your medicine as cars try to get past...

Stu
    garyw61 likes this.
  5. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
  6. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  7. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Hey @dj2ca how do the points work for the sprint round?
  8. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    You receive full points for race 1 and half points for race 2. Those aggregate points are totalled and finishing positions are determined from the amount of total points scored. Once final placings are determined the bonus points for pole and FL are added.
    Bounty05 and garyw61 like this.
  9. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Were there any protests that affected the final points tally? I seem to have come up with some different numbers
  10. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    No protests for our division. Send me a PM mate
  11. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Round 3
    Sakitto Sprint Race 1 & 2
    [​IMG]
  12. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    If @redness-63 got 0 points race 1 & 12.5 in race 2 he has a total of 12.5 yes?
    I got 5 points race 1, & 8 in race 2 for a total of 13.
    How does he get 11 points overall for the round when I only get 7?

EDIT: Unless he got the 3 points in race 1 for a total of 15.5?
  13. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Redness scored 3 points in race 1 and 12.5 in race 2 for a total of 15.5 points. You scored a total of 13 points. The amount of points you score over the two races are not added to the championship tables though, they are only used to determine your overall ranking for the round, once we have these ranks we apply the usual championship points.

For example:

Redness' combined points gave him a rank (final placing) of 5th, so for the round he earns the usual 11 points for 5th place, and these 11 points are then added to the championship table. Your combined points gave you a rank of 9th, so for the round you earn the usual 7 points for 9th place, and these 7 points are then added to the championship table.
  14. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Got given cold tyres in last night's race distance.
    Pitted again to see what would happen and tyres still wouldn't get over 86.
    Hope that doesn't happen on race night :(
  15. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Had you previously adjusted tyre pressures maybe? I didn't even make it to the first corner, someone gave me a massive shunt off the line and it sent my wheel haywire.
  16. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I'll give you the tip fellas, it's a very tough race on full distance. Extremely hard to pass so try to get good position at the start and try to settle in. The last 7 or 8 laps were very exhausting so pace yourselves.
  17. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Haven't made any changes to pit strategy so dunno.
    Will try recreating one and seeing if that does anything.
  18. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    It's worth trying. Fully delete the one you currently have and set up a new one. It may not work, Anth had a similar issue at Monza and nothing he tried helped at all. I hope it doesn't happen on race night though mate, fingers crossed for ya.
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I've only done about 10 laps around there at a time and even by the end of that it was becoming pretty tiring! So much heavy wheel work going on.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  20. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I had tyre clitch a couple of times. Deleted all pit strategies and save new one haven't had the problem again
    SuiCid3 likes this.