Division 1 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    We all know you're quick mate, no doubt about that at all. You just need to take it easy a little, pick your battles, wait for the right time, don't lunge up the inside at every opportunity. Stozza and I literally spent 17 laps nose to tail in race 1 last night, we only touched once after he had a little off and I bumped him after I misjudged his return speed. There were plenty of gaps there, too many to count, but a good driver bides his/her time and pounces when the time is right. If you can't get through 100% cleanly then the pass isn't on. It's better to settle for one position less than a trip into the boonies. Keep racing Rhino, the only way to hone your skills and tame your aggression is through more experience.
    George and SPL Racing like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Results from last night.... @dj2ca
    [​IMG]
    Race 1
    [​IMG]
    Race time
    [​IMG]
    RACE 2
    [​IMG]
    RACE TIMES
    [​IMG]
    Rhino quit room.....

So Results are as follows
    1. slambo 25 + 8 = 33 (+1 POLE) - 26 points
    2. mike 20 + 4.5 = 24.5 - 20 points
    3. redeemer 10 + 12.5 = 22.5 - 16 points
    4. benny 16 + 5.5 = 21.5 (+1 FL) - 14 points
    5. SPL 13 + 6.5 = 19.5 - 11 points
    6. V8power 8 + 10 = 18 - 10 points
    7. stuart 11 + 5 = 16 - 9 points
    8. nigegunz 9 + 4 = 13 - 8 points
    9. rhino 7 + DNF = 7 - 7 points
    SPL Racing and dj2ca like this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well that was some great racing last night .... was tough, but well done to everyone who made it through to the end....

Qual i couldnt hook it up and was well off my PB, just couldnt get the last sector right to find the last few tenths i needed. Anyway, hoped to get on the train from 6th and stay in the fight.

Got a reasonable start, and lucked into a few spots but just didnt have the pace to keep a rampaging benny behind me....GOt close to SPL at the end but just didnt have enough to have a serious crack without sending us both off....

Race 2 started from 5th, and managed to get through to 3rd i think behind V8, but with the tow i stuffed up the entry through the fast back straight kink and spun it on the ripple strip....back to last :mad:....oh well...had some great racing though as some of the guys fell off the road and came back through, no contact at all from anyone, and some high speed side by side racing....

Well done to @Slambobagan @mikeruntbike and @RedeemerX2 for the podium....
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I think if you read over this @RHINO11 you will see pretty clearly as to why you are getting yourself frustrated to a point you are making mistakes.....Have said it a thousand times, you have pace, but it doesnt always relate to a great race result ... the others have said all that needs to be said i think, all ill add is that if you want people to back off you a little, then you will also need to stop sticking your neck out to get chopped off...

On a side note guys (and this will go to all threads), can everyone tone down (myself included) some of the language on the mics.....i unplugged mine last night for a couple of seconds and my 10 year old heard 4 F bombs and and a C bomb in the space of 10 seconds.....We also have drivers using the chat to hear whats going on, so if they are in the chat through their TV, everyone in the room can hear. Not a great look.....Thanks
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i can assure you mate that this IS NOT pointed at you....its a general thing to everyone, myself included to tone it down a bit...Things were getting a little loose over the last few months....
  6. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    This is my battle with @RedeemerX2 for 1st place in race 2 it was great fun and it went down to the finish line to finish only 0.031 behind him or should I say beside him it was great fun

I also had a great battle with @SPL Racing for a couple laps until he ran wide I just wish I hadn't made so many mistakes in race 1 but still overall a good night of racing
    SPL Racing and stucar17 like this.
  7. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Well Sunday night went better than expected Got a pretty good pole lap,
    race 1 rolling start and got a really good jump on benny pulled a second gap by the first corner, I knew it was going to be a tough race with benny behind me, in practice I found if I pushed hard for mid 25 laps my tyres turn red after 5-6 laps, and spin almost every lap after that.
    Luckily for me and sucks for benny he made a mistake into t2, so I decided to just push hard for a lap or 2 and get a 3 second gap and then Just drove conservatively to finish the race without a mistake, and it worked, :)
    Race 2 spun going 3 wide into t2 caught the grass on the inside, dropped back to last pushed hard and had some good battles made a good run on spl on the last lap to take 3rd
    Pretty stoked,
    Well done mike and redeemer for the podium

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2017
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    R4 : MONACO (Azure) - 32 LAPS - 7/3/17 - 4PM Race Start
    WEATHER SLOTS 4 : Light Cloud / clear / Medium Cloud / Heavy cloud
    WEAR : X3
    FUEL : Real
    DAMAGE : Visual Only
    GHOSTING - ON
    TIME PROGRESSION : Real Time
    WEATHER PROGRESSION : Sync To Race

[​IMG]

Ok guys and Gal.......Get set for what i think will be the toughest league race we have attempted ever !

We all know the general stuff so will keep this a little shorter than the other briefings.....

PASSING : is VERY hard to almost non existent here.....Am sure we have all watched the F1 and it is a bit of a procession, so if you get stuck behind someone, dont make a kamikaze and create a mess for all those behind....The only REAL passing opportunity is out of the tunnel into T10, but drivers will need to be aware .....

GHOSTING : will be on, so any drivers who make a mess and get stuck on a wall should ghost....its isnt fool proof though so you will need to keep your witts about you with cars in front...

PIT ENTRY/EXIT : Again, this is VERY tough....the pit entry is tight on the exit of rasscasse, try to stay right and dont go in too fast or you will crash....
    EXIT : YOU WILL NEED TO BE AWARE OF CARS ON THE FRONT STRAIGHT AS YOU EXIT ..... the yellow blend line is hard to stay in as you leave the lane, and the race line tends to run into it a little. Drivers WILL NEED TO MAKE THE NORMAL T1 LINE so you dont cop a penalty...i would HIGHLY RECOMMEND you practice your entry and exit a couple of times so you know what is a good approach....do it in a race room so you can see any potential penalties....

CUT PENALTIES : Is tough here, but Turn 1 will give you a penalty if you cut the ripple strip to much. Turns 10 and 16 will also give penalties on exit if you cut the chicanes.....

CONTACT : We all know the drill.....big chance of front to rear contact top of the hill (T3 - massenet), down the hill into Mirabeau and the Hairpin (T6) and also after the tunnel where people may get a rush of blood and cause the world biggest accident ;)...PLEASE REDRESS if you gain a clear advantage from contact....

SPINS or STUCK ON WALL : if you get stuck on a wall is very tough to get out of here....please use your map before backing up, or spinning to face the right way. This can be an issue at the hairpin....if you need help with wheel settings let me know .....

RESET BUTTON : If you are stuck on a wall or upside down and cant get out you may use the reset button, HOWEVER anyone caught using it for advantage WILL BE PENALISED .....

BLUE FLAGS : There is no other track where observing blue flags is more important....Please be aware if you are being lapped that you must move out of the leaders AS SOON AS IS PRACTICAL.....If you are a leader coming up on a SLOWER CAR, you must still make the pass cleanly.....Everyone will need to be on their toes here....

GENERAL : From the limited prac i have done it is close to being a 1 stop, 2 soft stint race.... HOWEVER, there may be some value in a 2 stop strategy to get you out of traffic and keep your tyres in good shape.....The pit lane here is very short, so not a lot of time lost compared to other tracks....with the time loss on old tyres this could be a good option....

Good luck everyone, and please go into the race KNOWING that passing opportunities WILL BE LIMITED.. be prepared to be patient.....and if you make a mistake you will need to take your medicine as cars try to get past...

Stu
    Slambobagan and SPL Racing like this.
  9. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I will make every effort to be here this week. My.net has been touchy lately actoss f1 and pcars so ill look into it tomorrow.
    stucar17 likes this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, im a chance of missing this week as working on sunday and have no idea of a finishing time.....
  12. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I can host like last time you missed....plus it'll force me into not retiring from the race. It's a win/win really
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    how about i do my best to make it and host, and you do your best not to quit and whinge ;)
    Bounty05, SPL Racing and dj2ca like this.
  14. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    dj2ca likes this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hey guys... i am still drowning at work so wont make tonight...

@Rhino has offered to host ... so unless someone has a better plan will leave it to him.

Sorry
    RHINO11 and SPL Racing like this.
  16. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Hey guys my boys not feeling well and watching net flux won't be on tonight
  17. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Internet just disconnected between equally and race
  18. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Great, after managing to get back in for the restart, ended up being a very short race. Got divebombed into the chicane after the tunnel then ended up flipped upside down. No reset button so no way to continue, was miles behind by then anyway. Very messy, people seriously need to learn some patience.
    SPL Racing and Slambobagan like this.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah im with benny on thati also copped it into t1 which put me onto benny. Then copped it again through the harpins. Not impressed considering i was leading before the restart
  20. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Wow That was average only 5 finished. So many rage quits. Cheers to the guys who stayed in to finish the race .
    Feel sorry for benny ya had some good pace was looking foward to a good battle,
    Not here next week guys see ya at the spa enduro
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    SPL Racing likes this.