Season 14 - GT300

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 6, 2017.

1. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Round 3 laps times

[​IMG]
    Ben Hamilton likes this.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Ben Hamilton likes this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Where is this?
  6. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Had a good night last night. Qualified 4th in my final flying lap. 1st race I struggled in the early laps with no tyre temp before a mistake frim ben let me past into 3rd. From there it was a matter of lapping consistently to almost catch the leaders at the end for 3rd and fastest lap. 2nd race was interesting with patience being the key to overtaking. Unfortunately got caught out at the chicane by an out of control Natman (didn't lose much ground), and carried on overtaking to finish just off the battle for 3rd while setting the fastest laps at the end of the race. Overall a good night with really good racing and now looking forward to the next round.
    Hatfield likes this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had some very enjoyable battles with only the push off at turn 2 race 2 that put me at the back off the field and then the final lap accident caused by another driver that lost me another few places. other than that I had a great battle with moon with him coming out on top unfortunately, but still very enjoyable. I am hoping for a safer round this week although the first half lap of Spa can be fraught with peril at turn 1, red water and at the end of the long straight.
    Bluemoon likes this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have to figure out how to download tracks again.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    i think you go into community and go to the friends list. It should be on mine, so you go to my page and download the track
    emmo46 likes this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 3 - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - 8 laps x 2 races
    Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEST Race Start 8:30 AEST
    [​IMG]

Everyone please make sure to at least have @Bluemoon & @Adronaught on your friends list as they are our room host and backup host
    Don't forget to oil change your car.

TRACK LIMITS: There are many corners which have tarmac that is not race track either inside or outside the track limits. If you run outside the track limits, please lift your accelerator. You should not be making any time from these mistakes. Be especially careful not to illegally cut or run wide at T1, T3-5, T12, T16, & T18-20. DO NOT rejoin unsafely.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING: There are lots of places to pass here and we should hopefully see some door to door close racing.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikaze passes into 1.

There is NO COMPULSORY PITSTOP this season

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
    Ben Hamilton likes this.
  13. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Qually: Despite the inferior straight line speed, I PB (no draft) a 27.30 on my second lap and that got me a surprising second row start.
    Race 1: After getting a good jump and seeing natman go around early I was sat in a podium position behind Fiten and bmx. Unfortunately my sector 2 speed was all I had to just sit behind and watch the 2 go at it. Not possible to overtake and the battling had allowed moon to catch up and overtake me on the back straight. Good result but extremely frustrating.
    Race 2: A fair bit of bump and grind at the start left me trying to get into the top 10 for laps. Mistakes and incidents between those ahead allowed me to claw up the order a bit, but like the first race, I couldn't make any legitimate passes due to the Lexus's tortoise top end. The cat and mouse game is the only way to describe it as the second sector was the only thing that kept it competitive. Good racing again tonight, but these tracks seem to just keep getting longer and faster which keeps making it all the more challenging.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    PROVISIONAL RESULTS ROUND 4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    In the eight races so far I have been knocked off track without redress four times, lost multiple places from being involved in other peoples crashes and in the two races I wasn't put off I managed to spin by myself. I should have stuck with my decision after the first round and retired from the season. I am now retiring.
  17. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Sorry to hear @emmo46 .
    Just when I thought I was on top of the Gariaya, it bites back with the SNAP in Les Combes, mashed a hand trying to smash on 3 kinds of opposite lock (still hurts) and watched the entire field go by. Grrrrr.
    Big shout-out to @Russell for dragging me up the hill to the fastest lap.

2nd race much better, picked my way through the Mele at Les Combes to fight it out at the front, good first few laps @Zanta21 keep at it. Would've been a proper battle with @B-Spec Bob for the win if that Lexus was less barn-door-shaped.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Due to the top end frustrations being voiced by so many, we are considering track changes for the final 2 rounds
  19. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    So that's what it must feel like driving a McLaren Honda...to paraphrase Nando, "TCR engine!"
    Ben Hamilton likes this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    But aren't the div 1 guys leading the championship despite the lack of top end?. Changing tracks mid season just sucks.
    JonoStan96 likes this.