Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Well the championship just took a dramatic turn. Get well soon man
  2. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Lobby will be open in 10 minutes, I will be the host
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Works for me, because I just finished dinner.
  4. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

great race tonight guys, several diff strategies in play
    here's last lap h'lights from the 3 of us that started on the meds
    get well Benny, almost got your teamie tonight

5. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Absolutely dreadful race...
    Qualifying was good, 3rd spot on the grid and the fastest out of the medium starters.
    Got screwed over by the pit crew putting a set of massively worn tyres on instead of a fresh set, resulting in an extra pit stop.
    Furious after pitting again, I thought :):):):) it, can't get much worse. Set the fastest lap and could have possibly finished 4th if I didn't smash into the back of Hatfield and destroy the front wing. 6th place will have to do...

Slim chances at the title now with my drop being 8 points, meaning I've still gotta make up 13 points.
    Anything can happen though I guess.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    @Hatfield @VARDZ

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

An interesting night for me, had sweet FA pace but I'll tale 3rd every day of the week. When your rivals are doing 37's while you're stuck in the 39's a podium is unbelievable.

Had two rather unique moments during the race, one being hilarious!
    Well done @seth123 on a great win.

7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  8. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Pretty lonely race. Vsc ruined being able to battle with group in front, conveniently coming out half way round my out lap.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield

In Qualifying I put in an early lap on the softs, and then did a late lap on mediums and beat the time by 0.002 to end up 9th on the mediums

Off the start, you can see in the track map that for me, @JonoStan96 moves before the lights go out, giving him an unfair advantage. However, considering he beat me by 4 secs and put an awesome pass on me, that start couldn't have gained him more than a few seconds (yes I am aware that by getting the super start, he avoids extra T1 drama since he moves up in the pack)

So into the race!

At the entry to T2 you can see on the left side that @Bryan_F goes a little too hot and spins @Knuckles at 0:41. This puts me up to 7th.
    T3-4, @RHINO11 loses out in a battle with @nigegunz as he slides after cutting the corner which allows me to get to the inside at T5.
    Rhino did well to keep a slight overlap for T6, but my exit being on the outside was faster. A little too fast, as the car steps out at the ripple strip and moves across track. On my screen we don't seem to touch but it send rhino off into the wall. (sorry mate, I was looking forward to battling you)

Lap 2 T1 and nige and jono are battling and they touch which allows me to get up the inside of nige at T2. We also make contact and then on the run through T3 I am not sure if it was lag or nige didn't see me, but in the video it looks like he runs me off the road LOL (it wasn't LOL at the time)
    This lets @Jim_aka_The_Man get by and I am back to 7th
    VSC is deployed later that lap and is short lived as we resume again on Lap 2.

Lap 4 I line up jim on the straight and pass into T1.

Lap 7 we get another VSC and I pit a couple laps early for another set of mediums before the VSC ends.

Lap 12 I lap @Jurassic Mark and he decides not to hold me up ;)

(The clouds looked ominous mid-race)

Lap 15 I pit early due to worn tyres for my final set of hards and come out just ahead of bryan

Lap 16 he gets by with DRS into the final turn and then on Lap 17 is very defensive into T1 and I try to stick around the outside and get the inside for T2. Bryan also stays on the outside and I understeer off the curb and we touch sending us both into half spins. (sorry)

Lap 20 we lap mark and I get passed bryan with DRS as he pits.

Lap 21 I run wide off track before the back straight and then am too defensive against jono who passes me around the outside at the final turn.
    I try the outside of T1, and jono almost touches me as he turns in later than I expect.

Lap 24 nige tries the inside of the final turn but can't pull it off which allows @razor4797 to get a run on the outside into T1

Lap 25 nige tries the inside of T1 but I stay beside and stay ahead at T2. However, it seems again we make contact as I move over despite being clear on my screen.

Lap 26 razor passes me at T1-2 and we make slight contact but his softs must be as worn as my hards as he is very slow through some of the next few corners. We touch wheels at T9 which half spins me.

Lap 27 I line him up at T7-8 and pass around the outside of T9.

Final lap razor gets me back on the main straight and I stick with him through the turns until.... T4 wing damage behind razor :( I wasn't sure what was going to happen with the cars performance now...
    I lined him up at T5-6 and passed into 7-8 with slight wheel touch.
    All of this has allowed nige to get into out battle too.

At the back straight I have enough of a gap to be safe... but oh no I don't as nige divebombs into the final turn making contact but I just outdrag him to the line for 4th
    seth123 likes this.
  10. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    :cry::cry:
    Was feeling comfortable with my Quali effort and was happy to gain a few spots off the start, unfortunately for me my impeccable luck came back and my list of ways retired grew larger as Hatfield lit it up on the kerb and swiped across my nose....no hard feelings, there was definitely lag involved as on my screen there was contact but no contact from the other perspective. Plus I've been in @Hatfield' position in a similar incident not long ago
    Hatfield likes this.
  11. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Sorry to @Knuckles for the contact at T2. Poor judgment on my part.

I won't be racing in Singapore next week. At least going to the real thing next month is some consolation...
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Knuckles and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    But weren't you only given one set of mediums for the race? Which you qualified on @JonoStan96 would know exactly what's happened here
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Probably a little late for a race report;

Just chucked the TRL_Limitless tune on in qualifying hadn't done any laps on this game for a while so my usual touch was off weird feeling, During qualifying I flew off the track due to muscle memory thinking I was in a 2017 car, Eventually did my qualifying lap with a few errors was a little anxious as to how I would go during the 28 laps with the uncoordinated qualifying run.

I got a defensive start just, Managed to not allow cars to slot behind Motors, by around lap 3 the feel came back to me, just in enough time because I slowly let Motors leak away from my DRS, Caught him back up and hassled him for however long, He tried a little too hard to drive away from me eventually resulting in the puncture, Felt really good the entire race (bar first 3 laps) was feeling unstoppable with the mindset of first place or nothing. Less weight on the shoulders when you aren't in Jason's position I am just showing up to go fast lol.
    Hatfield likes this.
  14. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    @nigegunz and I were on the exact same strategy, and he didn't get screwed over? So there's definitely something not right there
  15. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

you have to pick the hard option in the allocation choice to get 2 of all the compounds
    ive been caught out before putting on new tires with 78% wear
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes I picked the hard option too
  17. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Did you pick the harder tyre weekend? would explain it then

Weird thing to happen I always try to monitor what tyres I have used and I don't think I have ever selected worn tyres, Once they are off the car they need to be shredded and never be seen again.
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Pre-ordered F1
    [​IMG]
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield