Division 2 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. stilesy

stilesy Rookie

PSN ID
    stilesy
    In my reply you looked laggy... and only your car but only the first couple of laps! Definitely something going on in these rooms!
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah it settled down a bit after maybe 10 laps for me I think. If it was me lagging it's because I'm stuck using a 4G hotspot for a bit while Telstra get their act together and install some cable between my house and the local exchange. The hotspot should be fine but congestion can be a problem.
    stilesy likes this.
  3. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Race report
    Well qualifying didn't go to well with a lap time way off my pb but it is what it is and it was 11th.
    Got a ok start found my self in 9th I think on the pull up the hill there was carnage after the bus stop thingy with cars on top of one another up to 7th.
    Settled into a rhythm and got in behind gary. Pitted on lap 10 to take mediums and see what would come of it came out in 11th. Had a few battles then the pit stops started was going ok and gary had a spin at the hair pin and didn't ghost bang I'm stuck on the wall letting 2 cars past.
    I slowly picked my way through the pack with people making mistakes got onto the back of golfer for the last few laps with his tyres well shot I'm not sure if was the pressure I was trying to apply or just his shot tyres but a small mistake cost him a cut penalty letting me past to finish 6th.
    Thanks to everyone for a interesting race thamk god its over.
    Congrats to @NSTOZZA_1985 on the win well done mate
    Also well done to @redness-63 and @dj2ca on rounding out the podium.
    See you on track
    Ant
    George and dj2ca like this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    R5 : IMOLA - 30 Laps - 7/3/17 - 2PM Race Start (WET TO DRY RACE)
    WEATHER SLOTS 4 : Fog - Rain / Fog / Heavy Cloud / Light Cloud
    WEAR : X3
    FUEL : Real
    DAMAGE : VIsual Only
    TIME PROGRESSION : Real Time
    WEATHER PROGRESSION : Sync To Race
    [​IMG]
    NOTE TURNS 16 and 17 dont exist in PCARS TRACK. We use the grey part of the track.

Good job last week everyone.....very few issues from what i could tell in the race.....hopefully we get a fuller grid for div 1 this week.....

So we all know the drill......Wet qual with the first 7 laps to be wet in the race.....MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR PIT STRAT SET !

PASSING : Is pretty good to pass here with spots at turns 2, 7, 11 and 14 probably the most obvious.....Remember to give room though...

TRACK LIMITS : Can be heavily penalised if you run wide. Look out at turns 2,5, 6 for a 5 sec if you take too much curb. The exit of 8 will penalise (5 sec) if you run too wide on exit, and 10, 11, 12 will also hit you with a 5 if you take too much.....WE WILL PERMIT CARS TO RUN WIDE ON THE EXIT OF 12 where the astroturf is, however the wider you go the more chance of a time penalty....Saw someone get a 10 sec last night on the exit of 15, so also be carefull there....cars are also permitted to use ALL THE ROAD on pit straight ... IE close to the pit wall

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Very simple entry....cars to stay right on the entry which is on the main straight....The EXIT can be a little harder, need to watch for cars on the straight approaching at speed....

CONTACT : If you rear end someone please wait for them....especially if you knock then into a 5 sec penalty......

GENERAL : so have only done limited prac, but found that the front tyres don't heat right up in the wet, but the car is still drivable....i found i softened the rear 2 clicks and upped the brake bias at the front 2 clicks the car was much more settled in the wet. In the past at this track lap 1 has been a little tough through the first chicane, second chicane up to turn 8.....use your heads on the first lap and 'stay in your lane' till the grid shakes out.... Will be a tight thing on 1 or 2 stop..... running 22 or 23 laps on the soft will be tough, meds may be a serious 1 stop option, or a 2 stop for 2 sets of softs....

Room lag Issues : As has been posted earlier, seems there are a few issues with lag in the rooms most weeks....please be aware of this before going off at someone for making contact. ;) Save your replay and let the stewards group figure it out

Stu
  5. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Unfortunately I'm out for the rest of the season.
    The move to Brisbane has happened and ATM I don't have access to internet for racing. :(
  6. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
  7. Anthonyb

Boooo thats no good mate hope you get it sorted soon
  8. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  9. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Qualifying
    [​IMG]

Race Results
    [​IMG]

Fastest Lap
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  10. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I had a shocking qualifying session last night, just couldn't keep it on the track most laps. So P9 it was for the start of the race. I decided to be really cautious and it paid off with the cars in front of me spinning off the circuit. A few laps later I had worked my way up to P2 but Stozza was 25 seconds ahead so I knew it would be a case of just trying to keep P2 rather than going for the win. Redness was in P3 and he was bearing down on me, I drove as hard as I could but he was faster so he was catching me pretty quickly. By the time we were on the last lap he was only half a second behind me but he had a spin so I cruised home in 2nd place. Pretty happy with that considering I have had very little time to practice this week. Congrats to @Nathan Storrier on the win and @redness-63 on rounding out the podium with me.
    stucar17, Anthonyb and garyw61 like this.
  11. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Had issues with my wheel last night, sorry if it affected anyone else's race. Decided to park up so I didn't ruin anyone else's night.

Disappointing as I had plenty of pace in the wet .

stucar17, George, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  12. Anthonyb

Nice battle
    Jim_aka_The_Man likes this.
  13. redness-63

redness-63 Rookie

Hey stilesy
    I'm very sorry i hit you twice
    On both occasion s you braked way earlier than i expected and really caught me by surprise
    Sorry man
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Looks like I may miss this weeks race, I forgot I will be in Winton
  15. Anthonyb

Don't forget this week is a rest week for fathers day.
    garyw61 likes this.
  16. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    BONUS !!! you've just made my day, thanks Ant
    stucar17 and garyw61 like this.
  17. stilesy

stilesy Rookie

PSN ID
    stilesy
    All good :thumbsup:
    stucar17 likes this.
  18. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Azure
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Your provisional standings are a bit wonky there mate. There's a protest pending so I haven't released the champ tables yet but it goes like this:

dj2ca - 113
    NSTOZZA_1985 - 91
    redness-63 - 79
    Bluebounty05 - 61
    Etc
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    [​IMG]

Please note: a 10 second penalty was applied to Bluebounty05's race time, which caused him to drop one position and ranok3n to gain one position.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    garyw61 and Anthonyb like this.