Season 14 - GT300

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 6, 2017.

1. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    I think it shouldn't be worth changing too much, I mean Suzuka and the Nurburgring were pretty evened out, technically we're racing our divisions within the races aswell so it should stay the same. I found that the BRZ is the only car the Lexus can slowly catch in the slipstream until you pull along side to pass and then it hasn't got the legs to continue past it. :laugh:
  2. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    The point of the different cars were meant to even out the skills of the division. Looking at the results, even with the slight disadvantage of slower cars, the average times (taking out the top and bottom) for each division still remains in the right position.
    Please do not change the tracks just to stoke the egos of some.
    B-Spec Bob and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    It's not really a complaint about the speed, it's more just an observation. I enjoy the challenge personally it's just frustrating that I can have a good battle with all the cars but it's basically impossible to pass. Leave the tracks as they are though even though.
  4. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Yes, we do have the straight line speed, but we lower divs tend to have worse entry and exit speeds where higher divs should be able to showcase their abilities. This is where we even out the differences in skills. @emmo46 definitely has better cornering skills than me, but look how the races have treated him.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    well it looks like there is just as much voice for keeping the list as is, so I won't change it mid-season
  6. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Oh yeah, it is likely that I won't be able to make Monza. Just a heads up.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Adronaught will you be ok to host a fixed room?
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    also this would open up a spot for @apex2691
  9. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    So many, like.. 2? Don't look at me :rolleyes:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    maybe it was voice by a few but so many times. lol
  11. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Reverse grid frustrates me more than anything this season so far. I still think it's a bad idea since it's much harder to pass than a Street series round for example. That said, even though the reverse grid race sucked, the first race I'm happy with even though I finished 2nd. @Adam Wyman drove really well despite all the pressure I threw at him to win, while @ssman drove the wheels off the lexus to give both of us a big hurry up for a while. Undecided if I'll do the next round yet. Ps3 cooling fan is whining like a jet engine right now and PCARs on the PC is getting addictive.
  12. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    If you're referring to Titts then passing is often NOS assisted if not due to a much broader range of vehicle handling characteristics. Despite the differential in top speed, all the GT300 cars are quite similar in downforce and overall grip which naturally makes overtaking a bigger challenge. This means you have to work harder at it but that also makes successful overtakes much more rewarding. Think of it as classic overtaking vs DRS assisted overtakes: the latter hardly ever makes it into the race highlights.
    bmx_mtb_boy likes this.
  13. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Pretty much it. That said I'll just deal with it for the rest of the season. It would be fair to say that a some of my pain in the reverse grid races has been my own doing.
  14. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

The Lexus at Monza is taking the p!ss a little bit isn't it? I can already hear them screaming "GP2 Engine, GP2!" so what will it be like at the cathedral of speed? 4 long straights to get left behind on! Grand Valley (full) only has medium-length straights.. .
    Anyways, my 2c which I thought I'd add, since I actually stand to lose if we ditch a fast track.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Final Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    bmx_mtb_boy and Ben Hamilton like this.
  16. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    I'm definitely racing tomorrow. Got a cheap G27 to play with and it feels quite good so far. No Idea how fast I'll be yet.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    just realised I have spaced on the round briefing and attendance poll...

everyone should know by now if you use the off-track tarmac to lift and all the other repetitive stuff
    bmx_mtb_boy and ssman244 like this.
  18. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Is it too late to join? If so, is it possible to enter as a wildcard?
    Adam Wyman likes this.
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    There has been a full grid for the first 4 rounds Capt with a couple of guys in reserve on the sidelines...
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I won't be running tonight so there may be room.