Division 1 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Tried a Qually session yesterday ( got home early ) and had the same issue as Dj... once you go around once you may as well do the rest of the session in reverse.... We have just had what was labelled the most difficult round in the history of Sunday league racing and we are going to subjected to tip toeing and avoiding stricken cars again... My once a week driving session is meant to be fun... this looks like what purple said .....
  2. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Recheck you have the right settings guys we had 7 of us testing this last night and it was fine one thing I did fine was if you have a spin and heat up the rears it gets a bit tricky with the back end wanted to overtake the front which
    IMO is a bit back to front as you would think the back should have more grip then the front but I did fine my first 3 laps in qualifying were my fastest and I found it was good in the short race with the tyres up at temp as well so I think the problem comes from uneven temperature front to back
  3. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    I was on last night and couldn't get heat in my fronts during qualifying. Rears were fine.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i did about 6 races last night, in bountys room, then i set up my own room when he left and had no real issues.

Yes its a bit slippery, but my fronts were getting up to the mid 60* and rears mid 80*.... softened the rear 2 clicks and moved the BB up 2 on the front and it felt pretty good....Ran a 35:3 in the wet....took me 2 laps to get the tyres up to that temp....

I am also short shifting, or running a gear higher than i normally would in the dry to settle the car and get it to flow.....i also found that if the rear started to get loose in the slow stuff, a little bit of throttle (about 10%) would help straighten it out....hitting the brake would see it spin.....
    dj2ca likes this.
  5. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I'm gonna have to find some time to get on and do some practice this week...
    Anthonyb likes this.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    its not easy thats for sure, buts its no harder that say the sierra or other cars we have run in the wet....just need to adjust the driving style....its 7 laps in the wet, get through that and the car is very fast on the slicks.....

Am planning on doing a race run tonight if keen.....
    v8power383 and Coojak3009 like this.
  7. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I've got down to a 36.3 last night in the rain and was .6 up but spun in the last corner due to turning while braking that is a big no no in the rain the grip is there if you are smooth.
    v8power383 likes this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    R5 : IMOLA - 30 Laps - 7/3/17 - 2PM Race Start (WET TO DRY RACE)
    WEATHER SLOTS 4 : Fog - Rain / Fog / Heavy Cloud / Light Cloud
    WEAR : X3
    FUEL : Real
    DAMAGE : VIsual Only
    TIME PROGRESSION : Real Time
    WEATHER PROGRESSION : Sync To Race
    [​IMG]
    NOTE TURNS 16 and 17 dont exist in PCARS TRACK. We use the grey part of the track.

Good job last week everyone.....very few issues from what i could tell in the race.....hopefully we get a fuller grid for div 1 this week.....

So we all know the drill......Wet qual with the first 7 laps to be wet in the race.....MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR PIT STRAT SET !

PASSING : Is pretty good to pass here with spots at turns 2, 7, 11 and 14 probably the most obvious.....Remember to give room though...

TRACK LIMITS : Can be heavily penalised if you run wide. Look out at turns 2,5, 6 for a 5 sec if you take too much curb. The exit of 8 will penalise (5 sec) if you run too wide on exit, and 10, 11, 12 will also hit you with a 5 if you take too much.....WE WILL PERMIT CARS TO RUN WIDE ON THE EXIT OF 12 where the astroturf is, however the wider you go the more chance of a time penalty....Saw someone get a 10 sec last night on the exit of 15, so also be carefull there....cars are also permitted to use ALL THE ROAD on pit straight ... IE close to the pit wall

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Very simple entry....cars to stay right on the entry which is on the main straight....The EXIT can be a little harder, need to watch for cars on the straight approaching at speed....

CONTACT : If you rear end someone please wait for them....especially if you knock then into a 5 sec penalty......

GENERAL : so have only done limited prac, but found that the front tyres don't heat right up in the wet, but the car is still drivable....i found i softened the rear 2 clicks and upped the brake bias at the front 2 clicks the car was much more settled in the wet. In the past at this track lap 1 has been a little tough through the first chicane, second chicane up to turn 8.....use your heads on the first lap and 'stay in your lane' till the grid shakes out.... Will be a tight thing on 1 or 2 stop..... running 22 or 23 laps on the soft will be tough, meds may be a serious 1 stop option, or a 2 stop for 2 sets of softs....

Room lag Issues : As has been posted earlier, seems there are a few issues with lag in the rooms most weeks....please be aware of this before going off at someone for making contact. ;) Save your replay and let the stewards group figure it out

Stu
  9. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    1. @@Slambobagan
    2. @@mikeruntbike #15 Sherriff
    3. @@RHINO11 #11 Sciflex
    4. @@Coojak3009
    5. @@POPPINFRESH1234
    6. @@Nigel Burley (nigegunz)
    7. @@RedeemerX2 (returning)
    9. @@its-benny-racer #5 Cobalt
    10. @@v8power383 #4 Bastier
    11. @@Kart-No-1
    12. @@Blindman
    13. @@SPL Racing
    14. @@stucar17 #17 Stichmuller
    15. @@Spidey_11
    16. @@Zachery #23 Petrolas
    17. @@AOCleaner74

IS everyone here tonight ?
  11. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

sure am. lmola's a personal fav
    stucar17 likes this.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    cool hopefully we get a full grid...
  13. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Will be there with pants on.
  14. Coojak3009

Coojak3009 Rookie

Yep. I'm there.
  15. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Won't be there tonight on holiday back next week
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    thank god for that !
  17. mikeruntbike

mikeruntbike Rookie

PSN ID
    mikeruntbike
    I'll be there
    stucar17 likes this.
  18. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Sorry Mike, completely missed the brake marker for turn 1. No excuses I just stuffed up. Really sorry mate.
    POPPINFRESH1234 and mikeruntbike like this.
  19. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Well that was woeful, well done @Coojak3009 on an easy win.
    Coojak3009 likes this.
  20. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

pit strat botched again despite triple checking it, this time i get sent out on the same wet tyres 3 times before i finally gave up
    POPPINFRESH1234 and JonoStan96 like this.