New to Sim Racing

Discussion in 'New Members' started by tafamare, Aug 22, 2017.

1. tafamare

tafamare Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    tafamare, Steam: pixel_therapy
    Hello All!
    My name is "Tee" PSN tafamare. I am friendly Kiwi bloke looking to grow and learn in this community! I recently moved from a pad to wheel and decided to take my passion seriously. Basically when I am not nerding out on setup spreadsheets I enjoy watching sim racing videos online to see if i can learn a thing or two. Hopefully I can contribute in a meaningful way to this community, and be able to give back as much as I am sure to gain being here. At the moment I playing Assetto Corsa, DIRT4 and project cars 1 on PS4. So please feel free to add my PSN ID above and we can catch up on the track!!! :)
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Welcome mate! My PSN is the same as my name here (dj2ca), I'll send you a friend request so we can do some racing. We're already halfway through a season on Project Cars but we'll have another one (or a between seasons thing) when this season finishes up in 3 weeks. Looks like most guys will be buying PC2 when it comes out, a few of us have it pre-ordered. What kind of wheel/rig setup are you running? I have a Logitech G29 attached to a fairly simple wheel stand, I pull it up to the couch and it does a great job. Hope to see you on track soon!
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  3. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    tafamare likes this.
  4. tafamare

PSN ID
    Hi there cheers for the message! Hope you day is going well. With regards to my setup I purchased the t300rs GT edition. The Mrs hasn't seen the credit card statement yet so that discussion will be interesting.....;) initially I was using the couch as well but I saved a few pennies and got a "next level racing stand" So know I can go Real Fast!!!.... :p
    stucar17 and dj2ca like this.
  5. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Lol. I only paid $100 for my wheel, one of the guys on here sold it to me when he decided he wanted a Thrustmaster instead.
  6. tafamare

PSN ID
    Cheers for that!!! :)
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi MAte, welcome to ROOZ !

I will add you tonight on PSN and see if we can get you a few races in our PCARS rooms.....we have a fair bit going on all the time with PCARS, F1 and soon PC2 and GT sport so hopefully we can get you involved....be carefulkl though, its pretty addictive ;)