Season 12: Luv U Loong Time!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 16, 2017.

1. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Bummed I missed the race last night. A TPG fault meant my net was off from 2:30pm till after midnight sometime. Ah well I guess I've been lucky up to this point with my net connection :).
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Bathurst, so much nicer to drive then that Laguna version was. Its tricky but at least when you hit a wall here you know why, Laguna just made very little sense to me. Hit a bump the wrong there way and your off track on pretty much the same line as every other lap. Backing off a bit there you just hit bumps differently so it was more random and not necessarily safer.

Did a few laps in the server then tried a couple offline and was nearly 2 seconds faster without the 32kg I have. I think that gap would be closer to 1.5 seconds but kind of glad I slimmed down a bit for this round. :p Some of that is also due to higher wear and fuel but going up the hills this car feels any extra ballast or fuel pretty well.

Strategy will be fairly interesting too with softs almost useable for a short run. Mediums go to poo early in a long one and hards not getting much temp. Damage will cost some time also and I found it fairly easy to pinball down the mountain if you make a mess of it over the top.
    krunch, spita84 and Anon666 like this.
  3. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    Yes i have played pinball at the top of the mountain many times....:oops:
    Anon666, jlynn777 and krunch like this.
  4. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Going to have to give this race a miss, and possibly the rest of the season. The races run just a little too late for me at the moment.
  5. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Sorry guys I just can't play with my wheel and paddleshift cars.
    I will be sending back for a warranty so will be out of the season too. Sorry to the PAG guys we have suffered this season.

I actually enjoyed the race though, I came in really cold and took a while to get up to speed this evening. Im sorry to jlynn for the bump which i re-adressed, I was expecting you to be a bit faster through that corner but it's my fault. Was slowly catching on stiggy and looking forward to a bit of a battle. and Damn, how fast was Marty the alien!
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  6. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

7. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

No worries! Yeah I was pretty cautious on the first lap but I was probably being a granny through there. I think we ended up getting the places back on the same lap so ended up fine
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Pretty uneventful race after jumping Stiggy on the start and Krunch up the hill a lap or two later. Didn't take tyres and was really on the fence about it right up until the 13th hour. Didn't make much difference in the end despite a few sketchy laps near the end. Was never going to catch Terry either way. Could have been a different race if Stiggy had a few more laps or was closer at the pit. Epic snatching FL with 49kg there bud! WD Marty no doubt about that win.

Championship is looking really tight in few spots.
    [​IMG]

Note:13th place went to newcomer Peter.Perigold (not sure if reg'd on the forum)
    Note: Date of next weeks race incorrect with the fun run scheduled for the 4th.
    Have updated the master but won't bother publishing again until next round.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    jlynn777 likes this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think my main advantage here was a poor round at Laguna shedding some ballast, @Koaster did very well with 50kg to get on the podium here where every kg hurts so much up the hills. Looking at Ballasts next round it seems to be much closer then it has been most season with only 16kg between the top 6 in the standings and only 3kg between the first 3. Could be a bit of a close round that one with some of the lightweights likely moving in to challenge for the win.

Always fun to do a race at Bathurst and Terry kept me very honest early, my mid race aero changes didnt help me to make a gap and his medium tyres hung on well for the full first stint. I went hard hard, 2nd stint after the team changed taped up my front spoiler beutifully the car was quite a bit nicer to drive. I was able to push on a little harder and managed to keep it clean.

Last lap I had a proper crack at setting a quick lap and managed to lose the rear braking into forest elbow smacking into the right wall almost giving up my 10 second lead at that point lol.
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks mate. Really enjoyed the track and pleased with that result but would have like to have shed some weight. Though as you say difference will be quite a few guys running the heavy weight division next week should compress the field and make things interesting.

Bummer @ed40t hope you get it sorted ready for next season.
  11. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Dissapointed I managed to kill my setup, new one wasn't quiet there but good close racing still.
    What's the go with round 5.5? Is it a points round?
    jlynn777 likes this.
  12. krunch

So that was Bathurst. My fortunes were as up and down as the track itself! Hero to zero as they say :(.

Qualifying:
    My first 4 attempts at doing a clean hot lap didn't quite work out. There was always a spot or two where I mucked it up. With time running out I had to push hard on my out lap to get around to the line before the time zeroed. But I made it and somehow put together a PB lap to snatch 2nd spot. Happy days! Well done @marty taking Pole.

[​IMG]

Race:
    My start was good and although I was cautious on the outside of Marty through T1 I held onto 2nd. @tezpez85 had a better exit though and was able to get half a car in front by the T2 braking zone, so I eased off and slotted in behind. On lap 2 @KoAStR was all over my bumper up through the cutting and managed a nice clean move around the outside into Reid Park (being my Team Captain I didn't make it too difficult for him :) ). I had to slot in behind quickly though as @TheStig13 was looking to take advantage!

Sitting in 4th I was comfortably following Koaster and holding out Stiggy - but that only lasted for another lap! On lap 3 I stuffed it all up and threw chaos at just about everyone. I got a little loose through the right hander before the Dipper and although I've caught countless moments there before, last night it just wasn't to be!

[​IMG]

Stiggy was first on the scene at the exit of the Dipper and managed to squeeze through with just a bit of contact...

[​IMG]

Of course then almost the whole field had the opportunity to rub salt into the wound...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...pounding me further along the walls making sure I ended up pointing the wrong way in the narrowest part of the track... Doh!.

[​IMG]

Sorry to all those affected but mostly to @spita84 who got stuck doing a million-point turn just like me. Without a straight panel left and a noticeably crooked rear wing the car felt surprisingly OK so I was able to carry on.

[​IMG]

Spita was on a mission behind me and after many laps looming in my mirror he caught and passed me. Unfortunately for him he soon tangled with @Mael at the Elbow which allowed me to sneak back past him. He and Mael then pitted and I didn't sight either of them again.

After that it was a pretty lonely race but I was actually enjoying it despite having thrown away a good result. Just not crashing again kinda felt like a result :). I pitted at the end of Lap 17 and went with my plan to only take fuel as I was hoping the hards would last the whole race. The tyres managed to stay together quite well to the end where I finished 11th.

That'll buff right out I'm sure!
    [​IMG]

Congrats to Marty for a dominant win and to Terry and Koaster for the podium. Next time I qualify up the front I'll try not to bin it in front of everyone :)
    tezpez85, KoAStR, marty and 1 other person like this.
  13. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

spewing i cant race on a Monday night now, Good Vid Jlynn, the car looked very skatey!
    jlynn777 likes this.
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Is there specific car assignment for this Mondays race?
    Anon666 likes this.
  15. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Actually there is a plan to change this up a little. I've been a bit under the weather this week and not been able to do anything, but I think we will run with GT3 cars vs the old 190E and BMW DTM cars. Anyone got any ideas or problems with that?
  16. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    If we're going to run GT3 cars in the multiclass race, it might be best to limit the choice to the current spec GT3 cars so everyone can have a choice of a reasonably competitive car no matter when they join. My suggestions are:
    • Audi R8 LMS 2016
    • Ferrari 488 GT3
    • Lamborghini Huracan GT3
    • McLaren 650S GT3
    • Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3
    • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016
    Might be best just to get a bit of an idea of what people want to race, so we know how many of each car should be put up on the server - otherwise, 3 of each car should be fine (since that'll fill a 24 car grid - 18 GT3's and 6 DTM's).
    KoAStR and Anon666 like this.
  17. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Hope everyone is having a good season, been cool to read up on the race results and stuff. Hopefully will be back at it soon. Is the last round for points? If not i might try to do that race. Speak to you guys soon :)
    krunch, Anon666 and marty like this.
  18. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Sounds cool, is this a points round or just for then fun of it?
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    The multi-car events, Round 5.5 and Round 00 are just for fun, non-points.
  20. krunch

Anyone jumping onto the server tonight? I should be on shortly after 9pm (AEST)