Division 3 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    will do
    Ad2mny likes this.
  2. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Let The Carnage Begin! Tonight Will Be Something Else I'm Sure!
    Anthonyb and VARDZ like this.
  3. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Practice room up
  4. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I look forward to most Sunday nights now that I am a once a week driver.... Can definately say tonight is not one of those nights... 12 laps and already gone through 3 front wing assemblies.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  5. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    You're probably doing better than most then, it's usually 12 front wing assemblies in 3 laps lol!
  6. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    quali:
    [​IMG]
    fastest lap (turbo):
    [​IMG]
    race results (devil disconnected during quali):
    [​IMG]
    Ad2mny and Chase like this.
  7. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    well,that sucked ass.
    maximuscatticus, Ad2mny and Chase like this.
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Monaco should be put in a locked cupboard with the keys melted down. Such a hard track to learn in an hour. Thank funk thats over
    Anthonyb, Chase, Ad2mny and 1 other person like this.
  9. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I'm all for Monaco, but it's definitely not an arrive and drive track, especially with this car lol
    Chase likes this.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Said all week was going to be a super hard race, prob the hardest we ever did in the league....You got through though, well done......i didnt get to race, so spewing !!
  11. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    so glad that is over. (yea thanks @stucar17 LOL)

So sad you were "stuck" at "work" :p:p:p:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::unsure::whistling:

quali was super tough, trying to find some air, and then not hitting a wall hard enough to invalidate the time. Took until my 3rd lap to put in a banker, was 4th fastest. was way off PB though. then, with about 4 seconds remaining, i was able to complete lap 5 and improved to 2nd on grid behind Fezza.

Got a good start and pulled alongside Fez, but got a knock from behind which pushed me into the escape road at T1. A few other casulties at T1 meant I got back going in 3rd last spot. Over the next couple of laps I gained a few spots through others misfortune or through some actual overtaking. Back into 3rd spot by lap 3. The top 2 guys had managed to skip away up front and I was about 10 seconds behind. Around Lap 8 or 9 after closing the gap I was caught in some backmarkers trouble at the hairpin and ended up wedged between car and fence with absolutely no way of moving. I had forgot to map a reset button on my wheel so had to jam it in reverse to get going, but ended up spinning around another 2 or 3 times in the process. Total and utter disaster loosing I think around 40 odd seconds or more.

Was back down the order again so just had to head down and get motoring. I switched from my planned one stop strat to the 2 stop to be able just to push hard every lap.

I was closing in on guys ahead at a pretty rapid rate after the first stop, but then found it a bit hard once i lost the premium grip in the latter stages of my stints Got caught in a few incidents here and there, and also had a couple of silly moments by myself, especially in the last 7 or 8 laps when I was having a great see saw battle with Fezz for the final podium position. He had adopted the 2 stop strategy like myself.

So finally managed to cross the line in 3rd 30+ seconds behind the leader after getting within 20 seconds after my last stop (top 2 1-stopped). I was happy with my pace, grabbed a PB 1.20.9 on the lower fuel.

Gratz to Shoot for the win (4th different winner in 4 rounds) and also to Ant for 2nd. Bring on Spa!

P.S. And I forgot to save my replay. Any way of someone sharing theirs?
    Ant_427, stucar17 and Ad2mny like this.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    R5 : IMOLA - 30 Laps - 7/3/17 - 2PM Race Start (WET TO DRY RACE)
    WEATHER SLOTS 4 : Fog - Rain / Fog / Heavy Cloud / Light Cloud
    WEAR : X3
    FUEL : Real
    DAMAGE : VIsual Only
    TIME PROGRESSION : Real Time
    WEATHER PROGRESSION : Sync To Race
    [​IMG]
    NOTE TURNS 16 and 17 dont exist in PCARS TRACK. We use the grey part of the track.

Good job last week everyone.....very few issues from what i could tell in the race.....hopefully we get a fuller grid for div 1 this week.....

So we all know the drill......Wet qual with the first 7 laps to be wet in the race.....MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR PIT STRAT SET !

PASSING : Is pretty good to pass here with spots at turns 2, 7, 11 and 14 probably the most obvious.....Remember to give room though...

TRACK LIMITS : Can be heavily penalised if you run wide. Look out at turns 2,5, 6 for a 5 sec if you take too much curb. The exit of 8 will penalise (5 sec) if you run too wide on exit, and 10, 11, 12 will also hit you with a 5 if you take too much.....WE WILL PERMIT CARS TO RUN WIDE ON THE EXIT OF 12 where the astroturf is, however the wider you go the more chance of a time penalty....Saw someone get a 10 sec last night on the exit of 15, so also be carefull there....cars are also permitted to use ALL THE ROAD on pit straight ... IE close to the pit wall

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Very simple entry....cars to stay right on the entry which is on the main straight....The EXIT can be a little harder, need to watch for cars on the straight approaching at speed....

CONTACT : If you rear end someone please wait for them....especially if you knock then into a 5 sec penalty......

GENERAL : so have only done limited prac, but found that the front tyres don't heat right up in the wet, but the car is still drivable....i found i softened the rear 2 clicks and upped the brake bias at the front 2 clicks the car was much more settled in the wet. In the past at this track lap 1 has been a little tough through the first chicane, second chicane up to turn 8.....use your heads on the first lap and 'stay in your lane' till the grid shakes out.... Will be a tight thing on 1 or 2 stop..... running 22 or 23 laps on the soft will be tough, meds may be a serious 1 stop option, or a 2 stop for 2 sets of softs....

Room lag Issues : As has been posted earlier, seems there are a few issues with lag in the rooms most weeks....please be aware of this before going off at someone for making contact. ;) Save your replay and let the stewards group figure it out

Stu
    Ad2mny likes this.
  13. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Looking forward to this round, really like Imola.
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Ad2mny likes this.
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    In the interest of fairness antlloyd must be 3a .. he is quick enough to have a shot at at least being on the podium come end of season if not winning all the marbles... @stucar17
  16. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Is something I done wrong? Setup a private online room to get a race length practice in and still raining after 20 minutes...

Setup as per the above...
  17. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Should rain for 7 laps
  18. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    @dj2ca did you forget to sort the order or something? order seems to be a bit mixed up.
  19. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    In a practice session it will not stop raining. You need to start the actual race.
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah mate I forgot to sort, all fixed now.