Season 12: Luv U Loong Time!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 16, 2017.

1. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Yeah I will race the old school DTM as it has manual shifter. I am still waiting to hear back from logitech regarding sending my wheel back.
    Anon666 likes this.
  2. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Spectacular Krunch!
    krunch likes this.
  3. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    Will miss tonight boys, real estate agent coming around to prepare documents and what not for house sale
  4. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Yeah, bailing on tonight as well boys
  5. Mael

Mael Professional

Enjoyable night of racing yesterday. Made some good overtakes, crashed a few times and pushed Anon offtrack many times :D

The multi-class races worked well and should be really interesting in a full server.
    marty and Anon666 like this.
  6. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Got a dream start carved through carnage into a comfortable 3rd from 5th on grid. Even had a battle for 2nd for a while. With Marty 2 spots back yeew this was the opportunity to even up the championship..

Then an absent mind on lap 13 and I became master of my own disaster.... :cry::cry: threw it all away. Later again managed to throw away any gains on double for a look in at 7th :(

At least I shed some kilos for next week. :rolleyes:
    WD @Godzilla on a commanding win!
    krunch, c4rLo5, spita84 and 3 others like this.
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Awesome to get a win, almost lost it on cold tyres after my pit and then couldn't settle back in to a grove and started losing heaps of time, nerves started getting to me... lol. Thankfully managed to hold it together for the last few laps
    c4rLo5, spita84, bbhrt and 2 others like this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Nice that you put on a show for the fans there with some fine slip angles @KoAStR

I was a bit lucky to just keep it clean this round, with no practice during the week and a bit of ballast I wasn't expecting much here. My first go on the mediums was in qualy and didnt get them to work properly as my practice laps before that were on the hards. Not a great grid spot but just tried to keep it clean in the race and move up as far as possible, took it very easy lap one but gained a few spots as a few played in the sand.

In the race I had some good battles only losing a place to carlos who was on the mediums and a bit lighter. Not much hope of keeping him behind early, I hoped to be able to hang on and give him a challenge at the end of the stint as his tyres would go away. He managed solid pace all race and in the end I finished within a second of him with a race long battle.

Looking forward to Nords, my favourite track but may not be as enjoyable with some decent hills to climb with a heavy car. The championship will be close with Koaster shedding a few kg for the final round.
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Looks like it will be a tough battle with Koastr, 9 points ahead 15kg more at Nords. If @KoAStR comes first and I come 3rd it will be a tie depending on bonus points for fastest lap. With my ballast I cant see much hope of setting fastest lap so will likely need to be 2nd to have any chance.

I gave the car a run in the server then tried a lap offline with RSR pro setup, was 9 seconds faster offline so I think if Koastr wins the race he will take the season as coming second seems very unlikely in this field for me with the extra ballast. ;)

Interesting to see all race winners have had 32kg or less this season, only one podium in the season with more then 40kg and that was Koastr's good effort at Bathurst to come 3rd with 50kg.
  11. Mael

Mael Professional

Another terrible race. Qualified well but Anon viciously bumped me off the track in the S-bend costing me a surefire win :whistling:

But alas two trips through the gravel, a pit crew who did not want to work on the car where I parked it and who also refused to changed tires stopped any change of a comeback.

At least I will not have to drag any cement blocks up the hills around Nords!
    c4rLo5, krunch and Anon666 like this.
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Whew! 250km/h holding hands with @marty around Green Hell. Epic
    [​IMG]
    c4rLo5, Mael, Anon666 and 4 others like this.
  13. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Well on Monday night I got away with some good fortune. I had zero time to prac last week and I was battling a persistent headache that day so when I jumped in on Monday night and saw the track I though - oh :):):):)!

In the first few laps of practice Koaster's setup wasn't working for me so I loaded up my Bathurst setup and ran some more laps. It felt OK but I was 4 seconds off the pace... ouch! I knew I needed more laps so I circulated till the end of prac. I did some quick calculations for fuel use and then set up my pit stop strategy. I wasn't sure if I'd got it right but there was no time break out the calculator.

In qual I threw on some mediums, dropped the fuel way down low and tried to get a clean lap in. I managed to clip some time off and banked a lap to put me in 10th. Then it was time to throw caution to the wind and chuck it around for a couple more laps. To my surprise I did a much faster lap right at the end after I'd put some wear on the mediums. I ended up an unexpected 5th!

I was actually a bit apprehensive on the grid as I had no idea how the car would handle on a near full tank. I was happy to keep it clean and luckily miss the incidents in front. The next lap Team captain Koaster got a good run out of the final turn and harassed me through the fast esses. I chickened out and let him through as I didn't want to him up.

A few laps later Marty got alongside me into T1 and I backed out a little too much. The next few guys behind literally rocketed past me - how they didn't hit me I don't know! Anyway I settled in and had a cool a battle with Spita until he unfortunately spun. Then BBhrt was on my bumper and I had to work hard to hold him out. Was another cool clean battle :). After that I followed Stiggy for a decent chunk of the race.

My pit strat was to run long and take no tyres once again. Stiggy was clearly doing the same strat as we ran 1st & 2nd late in the race. I pitted on lap 19 or 20 and tried to hold onto my track position. The worn fronts were not a disaster but they caught me out a couple of times causing me to glance a wall and putting me through the sand. That let a couple of guys through but I was able to keep going with reasonable pace.

In the end I had a good battle with Doublevision as he launched a late attack but I held him out for 6th. Happy with that all things considered.

Congrats to Godzilla for his first win and nice work Anon and Carlos on the podium.
    c4rLo5, jlynn777 and Anon666 like this.
  14. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Big up's to Godzilla on the win and TGM for another solid round. Hopefully we can have another bumper round this Monday and secure the team's championship. Marty has it all ahead of him for the individual championship and I have my beady eyes locked on young Stiggy to see if I can steal 3rd overall.

As the season is rolling to an end, we need to start thinking about the last season of the year. This is a big one and we have a very cool prize in the wings - (cough) Pagnian (cough) F1GT cockpit - so would like it to be big no.'s and load's of good car/track combo's. I will get a thread started so we can start getting some ideas of cars and tracks and QC can get some stuff up on the servers.
    krunch, c4rLo5, jlynn777 and 2 others like this.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    TGM has the teams champ well and truly in fact winning every round so far. Even a zero score next round it's unlikely any team will be able to muster 140 odd points to close the gap. WD.
  16. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

If anyone is around I'm heading onto the server for some prac. Jump into Discord if you can.
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, please have a look at the following thread for gold membership, if you make a voluntary contribution before December 22, you will go into the draw for a Logitec Prize from our sponsors at The Gamesmen.

Some of you have already become a gold member, but an explanation is in the thread as to why this has changed.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gold-members-prize-draw.2923/

Thanks stu
    krunch likes this.
  18. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    As i said last week, wont be around tonight guys. Enjoy the race
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks for the season guys, unfortunately last race went terribly for me. Qualified second with not a great lap, had traffic on my 1st lap then had a car crash and park mid track on my 2nd. This meant time was a bit awkward and so filled for 4 laps but was a bit heavy early then out of rubber on the last lap so couldnt catch Koasters solid lap.

In the race had a good 1st lap taking the lead on dottinger hohe but then got spun from behind as koastr tucked back in behind and I had some big damage front and rear as I nailed both corners at top speed. Managed to just hang on to 2nd behind stiggy with a pretty poor car the next few laps then pitted on lap 4 for fuel, tyres and repairs. Repairs took 10 seconds longer then fuel and I pushed a bit too hard on the outlap loosing it early. Managed to stay off the walls but got hit by a car as I was parked across the track.

Struggled around that lap but was losing time to everyone around me so had to stop again for repairs, some reason they changed tyres and no repairs. Tried to get around another lap even though I lost nearly 30 more seconds that lap but couldn't make it back to the pits. Even if I did and after repairs I would have been dead last so makes no difference and it will be my drop round. Congrats to Koastr on the championship and hope I have some better luck next time.
    krunch and jlynn777 like this.
  20. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend