Division 2 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Its not often that you get a full distance run for the endurance race if you are a once a week racer... so tonight i will have a room open normal time and run a full 44 laps... if you would like to join me and a few others let me know and i will flick you an invite around 7.30pm
    garyw61 and v8power383 like this.
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, flick me an invite please @VARDZ
    VARDZ likes this.
  3. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    I'm keen
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    R6 : SPA - ENDURO - 44 LAPS - 7/2/17 - 2PM Race Start
    WEATHER SLOTS 4 : Light Cloud / Overcast / Clear / Hazy
    WEAR : X3
    FUEL : Real
    DAMAGE : Visual Only
    TIME PROGRESSION : Real Time
    WEATHER PROGRESSION : Sync To Race
    [​IMG]

ENDURO ROUND .... From the prac races i've had around here this should be a cracking race....

Is a heap of spots to pass with KERS, however you will still need to plan your pass and set it up...

TRACK LIMITS : As always is a few spots that will hit you with a penalty....Eu Rouge if you cut will penalize on the entry AND EXIT.....TURN 7 (Le Combes), Pouhon if you run too wide to the right will penalise, TURN 16 if you run over the curb on the left and finally the BUS-STOP chicane (T19) if you straight line it.....

TYRES : X3......some of the guys are running the mediums, but they do give a very different feel to the softs......make sure you try both before setting your pit strat....

FUEL : I am averaging 2.47L per lap, so to be safe i will be going 2.5L per lap.....so 'about' 110 L total....you will need to have your pit strat set to about 40L for your last stop, which will be 16 laps....If you are stuck with this flick me a message and i will help you out.....

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Entry is just after the bus stop chicane.....can be tricky if you go in too hot, the car may spin and you could get stuck...do a couple of prac entries so you know what you are in for....The EXIT is straight forward, just look for cars exiting the final turn, and dont be too aggressive on the throttle or you may spin !

PASSING : Obvious spots using KERS are the end of Kemmel Straight, and into the bus stop chicane...you will need to be a little more cautious though up the back straight as the pass spot seems to come on the fast left (turn 18) so use your head there.....

Good luck to everyone, 44 laps will be a long slog but should give some cracking racing and with the different strats drivers use it could come down to the last few laps for the result...

Cheers stu
    Noremac, Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  5. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(
    This is the race I was looking forward to the most. Bugger.
    Can't wait to get back behind the wheel with something other than AI soon. Still gotta find a house yet..........
    Noremac likes this.
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Yeah I got stuck in the pit entry blocking it completely it's only as wide as the car is long. All bad
  7. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

My net is on the fritz again sorry guys so Im out this week and maybe next. Have a good race.
  8. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    :(
  9. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Bad luck golfer, hope it gets fixed soon.

I have my doubts as to whether my connection is going to hold out the full race too. I will be glad when Telstra finally get around to converting the cable in my area to NBN! Just constant random dropouts :(
  10. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Try using your phone as a hotspot just for the race mate, as long as you get 4G you'll be diamonds.
  11. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Im on 3G unfortunately plus we just got back from the show and Im completely rooted. I love Spa and enduros so spewing to be missing out. Not such a fan of Silverstone though so ill get over missing that one if I dont make it :p
  12. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    So....my race plan after having done 6 laps of practice (including qualifying laps) was pit 3 times for softs. I was lucky to survive that start ran as well as I could with clearly slower lap pace than others. Had a silly spin at the last chicane dropping to 6th. Stayed on the black watching others pull into pit, realising that i could change plan to a 2 stop.
    Then it happened, as i was going through eau rouge in front of @Bounty05 (sorry if this did anything to your race) my wheel presses the PS button and turning itself right. I try to quickly press 'x' to get back in. I press 'option' with the same thumb at the same time and end up exiting the game. Done and dusted at lap 14.
  13. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    I'm mortified you can't split the fuel across 2 stops. What a joke. Other then that it was a great race and well done to dj
  14. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    All good mate
    George likes this.
  15. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Tried to save fuel for the last 10 laps but worked out I was going to run out half way on the last lap, so I had to pit lap 43. I was looking at a top 4 finish if I didn't need to fuel save. My bad.
    WD podium. Great race, would love to do it again.
    stucar17 likes this.
  16. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Qualifying:
    [​IMG]

Race Results:
    [​IMG]
    P13: Jim_aka_TheMan (DSC)
    P14: Tuddy5611 (DSC)

Fastest Lap:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    stucar17, garyw61, Bounty05 and 2 others like this.
  17. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Wow, I'm stoked with my comeback last night! I qualified P3 which I was very happy with considering I'm not the fastest around Spa. The start was a nightmare with redness not moving off the grid so I went right into the back of him and copped one or two hits from behind as a result. That put me back into P6 but I got to work only to spin at the last chicane on lap 2 which put me back into P11!
    I really had my work cut out for me but within 3 laps I was back up to P4 with some cars spinning off and some good passes. I was planning to pit on laps 15 and 30 but my tyres were holding up pretty well so I pushed an extra lap. By this time I was out in front because the guys ahead of me had pitted already, I knew it would be close but I came out of the pits about half a second in front of ranok3n.
    I pushed as hard as I could and stayed out in front, hoping that nobody was on a one stop strategy. As it turned out everyone was on at least a two stop but I still didn't have any room to breathe. I came out of the pits after my second stop about half a second ahead of Gary, he stayed with me for a while but then had a spin. All of a sudden I had Anth on my tail putting the pressure on, he had a small error which put the gap out to 6 seconds and it stayed that way until the end of the race.
    All in all I'm really happy with last night, I'm glad I didn't give up after the shocking start to the race. Congrats to the rest of the podium and thanks to everyone for racing.
    stucar17, SPL Racing, garyw61 and 2 others like this.
  18. Anthonyb

Happy to do a muck around re run of spa in this car if your interested when your internet is back
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  19. Anthonyb

Qualified 10th after getting a net code error as we went into qually so I missed the first 2 minutes.
    Got 5 spots off the start due to red not putting his car into gear and thought beauty lets settle into a rhythm and wait to pit so I can push on the mediums not sure what happened but jim and I did some synchronised spinning at turn 7 back to 12th.
    Got my head down and started to pick my way through the pack which was hard on the softs as I couldn't find any grip.
    Pitted at the end of lap 8 and came out in about 10th. Took mediums and felt confident started making my way through the pack and got to 3rd about 2sec of ranok3n hit something at the final turn whuch put my car in the air and lost 3 or 4 sec.
    Pitted again at the end of lap 26 taking mediums and 48ltrs of fuel came out in 5th after a couple of laps found myself in 3rd again and close to dj in 1st and with gary in 2nd it was time to push. I think gary pitted so that was easy now for dj pulled the gap back from 6 sec to 1.5 to 2 sec only to make a small mistake (only one all night except for the spin on lap 1) at stavelot dropping a few secs so that was that with only about 3 laps to go there was no chance of catching mr consistent.
    Great race @dj2ca for the win well done @ranok3n for rounding out the podium great race everyone else.
    See you on track
    Ant
    garyw61, dj2ca and SPL Racing like this.
  20. redness-63

redness-63 Rookie

Hey guys
    Ok I'm very sorry for my kok up at the start, i was so focused on not rolling at the start i forgot to select first gear Sorry .
    Them had 4 WTF moments ( weird spins ) 3 half spins and still managed 4th.
    George, garyw61, dj2ca and 1 other person like this.