Division 1 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    R6 : SPA - ENDURO - 44 LAPS - 7/2/17 - 2PM Race Start
    WEATHER SLOTS 4 : Light Cloud / Overcast / Clear / Hazy
    WEAR : X3
    FUEL : Real
    DAMAGE : Visual Only
    TIME PROGRESSION : Real Time
    WEATHER PROGRESSION : Sync To Race
    [​IMG]

ENDURO ROUND .... From the prac races i've had around here this should be a cracking race....

Is a heap of spots to pass with KERS, however you will still need to plan your pass and set it up...

TRACK LIMITS : As always is a few spots that will hit you with a penalty....Eu Rouge if you cut will penalize on the entry AND EXIT.....TURN 7 (Le Combes), Pouhon if you run too wide to the right will penalise, TURN 16 if you run over the curb on the left and finally the BUS-STOP chicane (T19) if you straight line it.....

TYRES : X3......some of the guys are running the mediums, but they do give a very different feel to the softs......make sure you try both before setting your pit strat....

FUEL : I am averaging 2.47L per lap, so to be safe i will be going 2.5L per lap.....so 'about' 110 L total....you will need to have your pit strat set to about 40L for your last stop, which will be 16 laps....If you are stuck with this flick me a message and i will help you out.....

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Entry is just after the bus stop chicane.....can be tricky if you go in too hot, the car may spin and you could get stuck...do a couple of prac entries so you know what you are in for....The EXIT is straight forward, just look for cars exiting the final turn, and dont be too aggressive on the throttle or you may spin !

PASSING : Obvious spots using KERS are the end of Kemmel Straight, and into the bus stop chicane...you will need to be a little more cautious though up the back straight as the pass spot seems to come on the fast left (turn 18) so use your head there.....

Good luck to everyone, 44 laps will be a long slog but should give some cracking racing and with the different strats drivers use it could come down to the last few laps for the result...

Cheers stu
    Coojak3009 and v8power383 like this.
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    My going to run a full distance race practice tonight around 9:15pm NSW time if anyones keen
  4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Will try to jump on
    v8power383 likes this.
  5. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Why do the Medium tyres feel like absolute rubbish, ffb feels nothing like the soft tyres, have tried a few different wheel settings and no luck. is it just me.?
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I'm actually quicker on the medium not sure why but feels like I have more grip
  7. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    I'm with you slambo
  8. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah I hate the mediums, luckily I never need to use them :p
    Anthonyb likes this.
  9. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Mediums feel completely different to the softs, but allows far greater turn in and also a lot easier to lose the rear.
  10. Slambobagan

Agreed high speed cornering is insane on the mediums but low speed understeers alot more, also the steering feedback is insanely heavy in the fast turns and braking and really light slow speed turning it's just weird, can't tune it out or get the hang of it. I'm way more consistent on softs so will probly be doing a 3 stopper on softs.
    It's definitely an advantage for the guys who can use the mediums in this race.
  11. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Yep. The tyre is great when you can get it to work, but there is just so much going on with it that it's so weird to run with.
  12. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I've run the medium at every round except for the sprint. I wouldn't have run it at Monaco either (but didn't last long enough to do a pit stop)

It has a massive advantage around high speed bends but is slower in the tighter stuff. I can only put it down to being a balance thing at high speed. From what I have observed, the front tyres tend to run hotter and the rears cooler compared to the softs.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  13. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Great racing last night! It was great to see all the different strategies playing out across the race. I went with the 2 stopper on softs as I just couldn't get into the groove on the mediums. I stopped at laps 14 and 29 and had some cracking battles along the way, I knew that the last 3 laps of each stint I was going to be loosing up to 1.5 secs so I knew I would be vulnerable at the end. After slambo stopped for his 3rd pitstop and Stu had to refuel I found myself in 3rd place with a 6 second gap with about 8 laps to go. I nearly spun at the bus stop and lost 2 secs to slambo who then reeled me in pretty quickly.

I was trying to hold on for 4th but Stu with much newer tyres was also closing in. He dived up the inside at Pouhon and we went side by side through the double left hander, we must have touched wheels as I got a slight bump taking me out to the curb, I couldn't see him and I may have just turned down a little too much as I was running out of grip causing the touch but it was a good move and I was a sitting duck on worn softs.

So I ended up 5th which was pretty much where I was aiming to finish. That car and track combo was one of the best for a Sunday night race that I can remember, the racing was hard and very clean by everyone which was great fun. Well done to MIke, Benny and Slambo for filling the podium.
    stucar17, Slambobagan and dj2ca like this.
  14. Slambobagan

Was a awesome race I knew the 3 stop soft option wasn't going to be a race winning stradigy, but I decided to do it anyway to at least get me through the race without to many mistakes, never expected to get onto the podium was just lucky a few things went my way, feel bad for coojak, just so quick would of had the race in the bag. And Stu with his fuel dramas unlucky.
    Had some awesome battles along the way strangest thing my best passing spot seemed to be out of t11 had that corner nailed just gets abit scary going into pouhon 2 wide, but made a few good moves there. Was cool being on a different stradigy to everyone else had no idea until the end of where I was going to end up.
    Championship is going to be close with benny in the last round. :thumbsup:
    stucar17 and SPL Racing like this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  16. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Thanks to V8 who slowed down so we could take turns passing each other in the draft and so I wasn't the only one to get lapped.
  17. mikeruntbike

mikeruntbike Rookie

PSN ID
    mikeruntbike
    The results are wrong. I actually beat benny
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    That was an awesome night of racing lads, shame we didnt get a couple of extras to fill the grid a little more....

I hadnt done a 'heap' of practice, but was confident that my pace would be there or thereabouts for the podium...

Qualied 4th, which i was happy with, @Coojak3009 showed awesome pace to line up on pole.....

Before i set up the race room i double checked my pit strat and saw that for some reason the fuel amount had changed to 67L...WTF ! Changed it again and saved it to 47 thinking all would be ok...

Race went green and i settled into 5th i think behind mike, and the fast guys, just looking to not kill my softs before lap 9.....Managed to do that and l pitted first for mediums at the end of lap 9, came out 9th i think, and then somehow managed to drive past a few guys in the pits, and as they recovered from spins to be sitting first (ahead of @mikeruntbike i think) to the tune of about 2 seconds......I had @Slambobagan behind me for a few laps on the faster soft tyre but i kind of knew that this would set the race up if i could keep him behind, knowing he was on the softs, and slow laps as they died at the end of the stints.....

pitted again at the end of lap 27, and thats when it all turned to :):):):)....for some reason my fuel filled to just 36L, which was about 4 laps short.....Have often scratched my head as to why some guys have glitch issues, this one has me absolutely buggered......Anyway, from the last pit i was leading from mike from 5 seconds (shorter fuel intake gave a bigger gap, would have been line ball for the last stint if i got the right amount) and realised that i needed to pit again .... spewing

Went in again and cried as the top 4 drove past and i had a 9 second gap to slambo and SPL up the road on exit......managed to close down the gap to SPL and on the last lap i saved my KERS for the exit of T11, so i could get past through pouhon on fresher tyres...... @SPL Racing i will have a look at the replay to see if there was contact from me......i honestly didnt feel anything but will have a look......Anyway, managed to finish 4th, but was a case of what could have been......Needless to say the pit crew have been fired, and the neighbor's dog has a few bruises....

Had some great racing though guys, ....could even be a plan to run a 1 off handicap event in the off season......;) Well done to @its-benny-racer , @mikeruntbike and @Slambobagan for the podium......And have to say bad luck again to @Coojak3009 for his DNF....race was yours mate, great pace..

Anyway, off to the last round at Silverstone, should be a good way to finish the season....

Stu
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Stupid App !!!
    @dj2ca when you do the results can you swap benny and Mike please.....
    dj2ca likes this.
  20. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    All good mate I was all alone getting bored and I thought you would be feeling the same