Season 12: Luv U Loong Time!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Bad luck there Marty, promoted me to third though :) was kind of hoping to finish there this race after seeing yours and KoAStR's pace through the week. Was that you parked at the end of the straight on lap 2? Flew past two stationary cars through what looked like a small gap for a very brief lead at over 260km/h, was prety ass clenching in VR

Intense race trying to keep it quick ish and on the track, the Rift is certainly smelling a bit more funky after that one...
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    jlynn777 likes this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Yea that was me @KoAStR did redress after the contact and had waited for me to get going again. I tried all I could to keep him behind the next few laps pushing 100% and luckily I was able to get a small draft off stiggy in some sections to just hang on for a couple laps. Once I lost Stiggys draft I was a sitting duck and had to pit for any hope to maybe get into 2nd which I needed if Koastr got the win. Looking at results it would have been very tough to get back to stiggy but my brain fart on the outlap was the icing on the rotten cake I got this round. :(
  3. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Ah well, always the next one. Think I averaged one brain fart per lap...
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sorry we collided and to see your championship end that way Marty it was an epic battle all there was nothing between us despite the ballast coming into tonight. Watched in horror after a momentary clear view out the front turned into a spinning car, which turned to hope that it wasn't too bad after all, only to finish with a cringe. After the redress I backed off for a bit to let us both find our nerve again. Then when pushing again it was still on as tight as ever not being able to catch you without getting a run down the final straight in the draft. With that I thought you'd come out of the early pit with a a straight car and the undercut giving a good chance to be back in the fight for the championship win.... bad luck mate.

We had some epic hairy moments of fun in a train with Stiggy and Godzilla for a while. Stiggy had good pace and in until got close enough to draft end of lap 5 there was nothing in it. It was coming over the crest into the left hander before I could make a move and Stiggy's race craft in positioning the car was superb forcing me to go blind around the outside but scraped through with us going into pits bumper to bumper.

I had a touch of front aero damage which I repaired and was quite confident in the car with cold tyres so pushed for a gap straight out of the pits and found some good focus to enjoy the race to the finish.

Hopefully the next championship will be just a hard fought and without a serve of bad luck. The close racing and good mix of podium winners has been an absolute pleasure this season. Thanks to all and the usual suspects putting the ingredients together to make it happen.
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thanks for the racing lads, and congrat's on the regular season winners. Hopefully we will see you guys around next week for the final listed race - we may modify this again given the DLC that is about to land, but will be epic fun.
    krunch, spita84 and jlynn777 like this.
  6. Mael

Mael Professional

Enjoyable race at the Ring.

From a few laps before the race I knew my pace was about 10 seconds too slow and so it turned out in qualifying. Still a solid midfield performance. The race started slowly with a lot of traffic with the only bright point being that Anon was behind me. A small bump caused rear wing damage and a very nervous car. Did a number of PB laps after the midrace pitstop to but sadly ran out of energy and concentration on the last lap. A massive shunt which destroyed all my aero and allowed a injured Anon to get by. Congrads on your drive @Doublevision, some solid point for team Pagnian.
    krunch, Doublevision and Anon666 like this.
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Was a long tough race with pretty close to no aero left on the car after lap one. Was good to sneak home for some points though. Was wondering what you were doing in the weeds there Mael??
  8. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Race report - Nordschleife

Sir Jackie Stewart famously called it "The Green Hell". No, he wasn't looking down at a dinner plate full of brussels sprouts and broccoli. He was referring to the incredible 14 mile beast of a race track in Germany called the Nurburgring. This long classic version is now known officially as "Nordschleife" and known by lazy people as "Nords". Getting through a lap there unscathed is almost as difficult as getting through that aforementioned plate of greens. Getting through an actual race at Nords? Prepare to be scathed - lots. Despite this threat I managed to have a really positive and enjoyable race. Of course as always at this place there was a sting in the tail, but it was caused by a rather unexpected external event.

Qualifying: I arrived at the track halfway through qualy which was not ideal. Fortunately I'd managed some practice during the week and Koaster had come up with a very nice setup. I had time for an outlap and 2 fliers so I just got out there. I kept the outlap clean, did a decent banker lap and then went for a final push lap. I pushed too hard and ended up scraping a few walls, so I turned it into a damaged car test lap. In the end I qualified 8th which was fine by me. Long race.

Race: My start was a bit slow and Anon took advantage slipping ahead at T1. I was being pretty careful and it looks like everyone else around me was too. The car was a little tricky with full fuel and cold tyres but I kept it off the walls. Unfortunately for teammate QC he found the wall early (bad luck mate) then later in the lap Anon went wide, hit the wall and spun accross in front me and the rest of the pack. I had a flashback of my own Bathurst disaster in similar circumstances but this time fortunately we all got through. With Carlos on my tail I had no time to relax but I managed to pull a small gap in the fast uphill section mid lap. This was just as well as up ahead teammate jlynn777 spun off into the wall at the tight right hander leading up to the Karusell. He was recovering as I arrived and I couldn't quite squeeze past which brought Carlos back onto my tail. This was a cool battle as Mael was lurking just behind Carlos.

As we hammered through the fast twisty bits I was right on jlynn's tail, but a slight miscalculation got me crossed up badly. I'm sure Carlos missed a heartbeat with his ringside view as I cranked completely sideways down through a right hander. Somehow I managed to gather it up and carry on but lets just say I left more skidmarks than there are wheels on the car! This was still only the first lap but the action wasn't over yet! jlynn had got a small gap on me after my little 'slide-show', but he went wide at the right hander leading onto the straight, hit the wall and bounced back onto the track right in front of me. It was a good save but I had to touch the brake to avoid contact. Not the ideal way for either of us to lead onto a massive straight and I had one eye glued to the mirror expecting Carlos and Mael to take advantage. Fortunately they couldn't quite do that and I managed to slip past jlynn as well. At the end of lap 1 I was 6th.

From there I wasn't threatened for the rest of the race, but neither could I threaten anyone else. I pitted at the end of lap 5 for fuel and tyres and only gained a position due to Marty's misfortune (really bad luck mate). I was happy with my consistency and only had a few little moments here and there - until the last lap.

FYI my sim racing setup involves hooking up my office chair to my desk using straps on each side. I was well into the final lap and the car felt good so I was happy to see that I was up on my best lap time. A PB on the last lap is always nice. I was hammering down the hill and hit the brakes hard for a tight right hander when suddenly the strap holding the right hand side of my chair snapped! I momentarily swung backwards into the room and of course I had no pressure on the brake pedal anymore. I desperately dropped gears as I hauled myself back to my pedals but it was too late. I clattered into the outer guardrail which naturally flung me down and across to the other wall which naturally made sure I was pointed completely in the wrong direction. Noooooooooooo!. Checking the map and leaderboard I could see Anon and Mael were already on their way down the hill with my 20+ second gap falling like Turnbull's approval rating. My back-and-fill maneuver to get me pointing the right way felt like it took an eternity (just like this race report) and I headed off with a loose seat and an even looser mouth!

I carried on by hanging onto the wheel hard to stop me pushing backwards when I braked. Somehow I made it to the finish cleanly and without losing a spot. My final position was a season best 5th. Phew! Congrats to race winner Koaster (Yay TTB!) and to Stiggy and Godzilla for 2nd & 3rd.

It's difficult to express the feeling that racing at The Green Hell evokes in a driver - so naturally I've turned to rhyme...

The Green Hell
    by Krunch

Come to Nords and bring a friend
    With countless thrills round every bend
    There's people with games and stories to tell
    You'll even find a carousel

But truth be told it's no kids park
    Like childhood nightmares in the dark
    There's evil over every crest
    The scary never takes a rest

The guardrails have a siren's song
    Don't listen or it won't be long
    Before you meet with your disaster
    This is a place you'll never master

As we all lined up on the grid
    About to start our foolish bid
    I'm sure I heard an evil cack
    A taunt from deep within the track

Crazily we went ahead
    Howling off the start we sped
    Down the hill to meet our doom
    May I have some racing room?

Racing on for over an hour
    Trying to stop things turning sour
    We battled with walls and curbs and brakes
    And melted tyres and pains and aches

So did you resist the Siren's call
    Attracting you to every wall?
    Or did you fly into the air
    Off curbs made out of pure despair?

Did you bump and grind around
    All fourteen miles of hallowed ground
    Nine times to make it to the line
    Sweating blood three quarters blind?

Well if you did congratulations
    You deserve the adulations
    You did well to come this far
    You get to keep the mental scar

And you can say that you survived
    A place where others weren't revived
    Cos Nordschleife casts an evil spell
    At the place they call... The Green Hell

So that's another season finished all too soon. Awaiting the final championship table. :)
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  9. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

That is an epic rhyme!!!
    Peter Wise, krunch and c4rLo5 like this.
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    krunch and c4rLo5 like this.
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Final standings. Amazing to see a draw for 2nd in the teams champ after the drop :)
    [​IMG]
    c4rLo5, Anon666 and krunch like this.