Division 3 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Well, I did everything I could and took away maximum points, but it wasn't enough, Ant was too strong and finshed one spot ahead of where I needed him to be. Congratulations on the championship Ant, very well done, there was some absolute fantastic drives from you through the season, and i twas great to go wheel to wheel with you.

My pole lap was a 1.42.3xx i think it was. Got a great start and pulled half second gap by turn 2. Ant was right there behind me though and for the next 3 laps the gap hovered at 0.7 seconds and i couldn't shake him. I found my groove and started to put in some quick lap times and pulling a gap, with it extending to several seconds before the pit stops.

i pitted end of lap 10 and re-emerged still in first spot. Onto the mediums and I was quickly back on the pace. A quick adjustment on fhe front roll bars to fix the twitchiness and give more front turn in and thats when the lap times kept coming down. The gap kept increasing. Somehow, I managed to keep driving cleanly and mistake free (why can't I do that every race??? LOL). Ant was on the 2 stop strategy and pitted again lap 19 i think it was. Funnily enough, this is the lap I did my best lap on. I was surprising myself at how smooth I was driving and the tyres were lasting so much better than they had in my practice stints. What had been a 11 second gap was now just over 33 seconds.

I was able to maintain the gap, even though he was on fresher faster tyres, and only really had a problem on the penultimate lap coming out of Stowe I lost the rear and slid across the track, but gathered it back up before hitting the fence and kept going. THen on the last lap, I was coming up to traffic in the final chicane, and I went a little wide on the right hander and copped a 5 second penalty for shortcutting, so the gap then reduced to 20 seconds.

Gratz to Vardz for rounding the podium, and to everyone else for a great season. I was unsure how this season would go with this car, but it turned out to be one of my personal better seasons of any of them.
    Ant_427, Ad2mny, Ford69xw and 4 others like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Awesome effort guys, thanks to everyone who raced each week and gave full grids......Congrats to Ant for the championship and @disturboed for making such a great fight for it....

Thanks to @Ad2mny for sorting everything here and everyone else that has helped us with setting up regs, prac rooms etc etc. The next season should be a cracker with the new game landing, hopefully we can get it to work properly, and full grids of 18 on new tracks in new cars, with a glitch free game !

Cheers stu
    Ant_427, Ad2mny and Ford69xw like this.
  3. Ant_427

Ant_427 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antlloyd76
    Great race last night. Congratulations on the win Turbo, I just could not match your pace. Also to Vards for rounding out the podium.
    Thanks to everyone else for a great season. Can't wait for the next one!
    Ad2mny and dj2ca like this.
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Congrats on taking out the championship in your maiden season, well done!
  5. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Yea man, bit of a turnaround from Spa, where I couldn't keep up with you at all!
    Ant_427 likes this.
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Sensational start to your rooz career well done mate
    Ant_427 likes this.
  7. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Does anyone have a screenshot of the quali results? I just need it for my race data table.
  8. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Congrats to all on another great season. Our NBN was connected yesterday so hopefully that fixes any lag issues. Looking forward to season 9. Cheers.
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ah I missed it someone might though.
    dj2ca likes this.
  10. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I hope so, I also need it to determine who got pole for the 3b division.
  11. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I had it until I formatted my ps4 2 nights ago :)

you can try PM'ing the 3b drivers and ask what their quali positions were
  12. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  13. Chase

Chase Rookie

PSN ID
    Flatstick
    What a season! Thank you all so much, loved racing with you guys!
    Ford69xw, stucar17 and dj2ca like this.