PCARS-2 Project CARS - 2 General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by stucar17, Jun 8, 2017.

1. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Bloody 12gig update
  2. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    damn that's a 2hr wait for me, half the game must be missing from the disc :laugh:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. Picko99

Picko99 Rookie

PSN ID
    picko_99
    only had time for a 5 min V8 spin around Bathurst so far (pre-patch download). Well, that felt nothing like PC1...
    Car doesn't 180 at the slightest hint of becoming off-balanced at least. Hope to get on tonight for some more action.
    dj2ca likes this.
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I drove the following cars:

McLaren 720S
    Nissan DR30 Skyline
    Nissan R35 GTR GT3
    Ferrari 488 GT3
    Formula X
    Formula Rookie
    Ginette Junior
    Chevrolet IndyCar (oval)
    Ford Focus RX

The handling is definitely nothing like PC1, it's going to take some getting used to but all in all it feels like it's improved.
  5. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Any changes to wheel config?
  6. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Major changes. You basically get to choose from three FFB presets and that's it, I couldn't find any other more in depth settings. I've only tested the "informative" setting, which is the middle one, seemed alright. I did notice that the steering felt pretty loose and absent right in the middle, then more connected as I turned the wheel a bit more. I'm hoping I can dial that in with steering sensitivity or something.
  7. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Not sure I saw those preset options you're talking about.
    But I did have to play with the sensitivity and stuff to get it feeling a little more normal.
    Still need more time to tweak it though.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Any more reviews on physics? That was the biggest turn off of Pcars 1 for me, if those stupid non sensical spins are gone then I'll definitely pick it up!
  9. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Hard to say at this stage, only did a few laps in each car. Definitely had a few spins though, they were pretty connected to how I was driving though.
  10. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    It was in the options/controls settings menu from memory. The were Raw, Informative, and one other option for FFB.
  11. Picko99

Picko99 Rookie

PSN ID
    picko_99
    As above, spent 5 mins in the V8 on Bathurst. Started to lose the back on multiple occasions that on PCars1 would have had me facing the wrong way every time. Each time on this it actually snapped back and gave you a chance to control it. Sure the boys will have a lot more feedback after tonight.
    stucar17 likes this.
  12. Picko99

Picko99 Rookie

PSN ID
    picko_99
    Immersive is the other one
    stucar17 likes this.
  13. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Loving it. No way to go back now!
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Well this is so much of an improvement it really is extremely promising for league races. The New weather system is just so incredible was running gt1s around Red bull ring and watching the puddles begin to pool across the track and then hitting the would aquaplane the car. The New pit stops strategy on the fly would mean we can run random weather or even dry wet dry races as tyres can be changed and fuel in default setup rooms whislt driving on track.

The physics are a big improvement and rally x really showcases this. Coming back from Ac I wouldn't say it's better but it's closer and it feels right. My only issue was I couldn't get a real feel for breaking It just felt I couldn't stop quick enough but maybe I couldn't generate enough heat with the default setup in the gt3.

The feedback on the t300 feels good out the box on raw with understeer and oversteer effects working well. Feels a little lighter than my Ac feedback so I may tinker a bit with it to get a bit more aggressive on the bumpy tracks.
    dj2ca likes this.
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Still up in the air for me. Cant get around some of the handling characteristics. I seem to be losing control for unknown reasons
  16. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Was that with the Ferrari gt3?
  17. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Everything so far
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    One major bug was cars just rotating around in the air at the start of a race and you had to exit to get out of there.
    This only happened on the rally cross track though when I first jumped into the room.
    From what I gather, it also happened to quite a few others.
    *MAY* only be restricted to the rally cross set up, as it didn't happen again on any of the other tracks.

Also.. a bit twitchy in the graphics even on the PS4 Pro.
    Not sure if this is related to people leaving/joining the track like it does in PC1
  19. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Everything went great for me. I didn't personally experience any glitches during my sessions.

Very impressed by the handling model, with my G29 I have the steering on informative with the gain dialed up, and in general it just feels more connected. That doesn't mean it is easier, if you go into a corner too hot, get on the power too hard or clip a curb the wrong way, it will punish you but in a way far more realistic than PCars 1.

The improved tyre break-away physics does allow far more confidence when exploring the limits of grip both for understeer and overseer. But in a long race you will have to be mindful of tyre temps and wear as you can feel how that effects grip levels.
  20. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Think the rally x thing is because there's only meant to be a few cars, was pretty hectic with 12 starters around hell. Have noticed a few crash glitches and the graphics pause but think that's online stability stuff.