PCARS-2 Project CARS - 2 General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by stucar17, Jun 8, 2017.

1. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I had some pretty serious issues with frame drops. Didn't seem to be related to people leaving the room because it was happening all through races for me.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  2. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Boy oh boy there's some serious toxicity going on over at the Project Cars Game forums. Users are irate about the bugs contained at release, WMD members aren't making it any better by passing the buck, users become more irate and aggressive.
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Yeah, saw that one comment from one of the WMD guys saying that the console versions were handed over to third parties for testing before release and had nothing to do with them.... jeez what a way to win over the guys that buy/play the game.
    dj2ca likes this.
  4. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Was some pretty good racing last night, despite the bugs. I don't remember seeing any lag from anyone at all.

It does look like car selection is going to be a bit more difficult than PCars, with most that I drove last night not having great drivability. Most were better after getting used to, but wouldn't be good for those who couldn't get much practice in during the week.
    SuiCid3 and dj2ca like this.
  5. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Who was it that said they had some t300 wheel settings?
  6. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Was it @Bounty05?
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Is certainly a massive difference between the player reviews. I just can't believe how much stuff has slipped through on release. Especially the thrustmaster wheel stuff. Most of it sounds like stuff that is patchable, hopefully sooner rather than later.
  8. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    I found the opposite. Can drive the falcon in pc1 well but pc2 feels disconnected from the road and no matter what ffb setting I use does not improve. Ffb feels fake like they just threw any old thing at it and said that will do.

I found the out of the box settings utter rubbish and could not improve it at all. The adjustments they give are substandard compared to pc1. Massive dead zone with no feel when driving straight, even wanders all over the place and most of the time no ripple strip feel and zero ffb for oversteer.
    stilesy likes this.
  9. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I've found most cars wonder in a straight line with a lot of steering input to keep it straight
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

So its not just me. I run a t300. I gave up messing around with settings etc. Just took the disc out and played something else. Hope they fix it.
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I have no complaints in terms of physics and FFB using a G29. A lot of those complaining appear to be T300 users.

There were times where there was a lot of dropped frames, rendering glitches and the rubbish flickering shadows. But nothing that was really game breaking. I'm sure a lot of it will be fixed or at least improved within the first couple of patches which if PCars 2 is to follow PCars 1 then there should be a patch every 2 weeks for the first couple of months.

Compared to the state PCars 1 was released in after multiple delays lets just say I'd rather have my hands on it now than waiting another 3 months for a polished game.
    SuiCid3, Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  12. Anthonyb

I'm on g29
  13. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I'm assuming the people who had issues with deadzone noticed that the default deadzone setting for steering is 1 and turned it down to 0?

I also found it useful to experiment with the full lock calibration for the wheel, took a few goes to find a rally comfortable setting.
  14. Anthonyb

I have not changed any wheel settings at all so I'm sure it can be tuned out
  15. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Yeah it was me. I'll go through it with you tonight if you'll be online
  16. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Cheers mate
  17. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Yep, I found in the pcars2 forum a tutorial explaining the ffb and have zeroed all the dead zones and have done a wheel calibration. Did not improve much.
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    So the games not so good right now?
    I will hold off a while by the sounds till it gets ironed out,
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Ive found some great improvements over the previous game. The car and track combos are great and ive only played maybe 30minutes since ive had the game.
    Faults ive found on Ps4- T500:
    Th8a shifter/ wheel recognition (TM has acknoledged ans issued its intent to patch)

Steering linerarity and dead zone isnt right, inc FFB issues

I tried the V8SC round Bathurst and got to Skyline before i packed it in. Physics are off the charts.
  20. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    What is the Thrustmaster wheel stuff and where can i get info on it? My T150 works occasionally on pcars 2 after i do a rain dance and plug a whole heap of things into different inputs. Annoying the hell outta me. Just read something about t500s and not having the shifter connected otherwise you cant get past the start screen? Same problem for me