Car discussion for PC2 season 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 16, 2017.

?

Car type for new PCARS season

Poll closed Oct 6, 2017.
  1. Race car

27 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. Road car

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I certainly agree with the manual pitstop for the Sunday league, the 1 race I ran with that on, it added another layer of realism without being too difficult or annoying.

I'm interested to know what people didn't like about the Cayman. I found it to be easy to drive initially, no crazy handling characteristics. After half a dozen laps I was able to really push and find lap time. Easily quicker than any of the other GT4s I tested. (Toyota, KTM & Mustang)
    v8power383 likes this.
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I didn't like the mustang at all.
    Was also disappointed when I pitted in the v8 supercar and only had 2 mechanics changing wheels that was costing me time.
  3. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I wouldn't say no the Cayman, purely cause I was dam fast in it, problem is may get a bit dull if you're all by yourself in the race.
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    You'd be surprised mate
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  5. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I found it too slow, plus it's a bit dull and lifeless. Only my opinion.
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  6. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    We did just finish racing the C9 though mate the C9 makes everything feel slow lol and boring I must say that Toyota GT one was pretty good as was the F50
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Sorry i must have missed it when or if you said how to do that as i had muted you in the party chat
  8. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I didn't drive the C9 mate, the Porsche was the first car I drove that night. To me it isn't slow and lifeless "in comparison" to any other car, it's just slow and lifeless. I've never liked GT4 cars, if I'm racing something I want to be driving something properly fast. If a car isn't properly fast it needs to have a hell of a lot of character to interest me, which the Porsche doesn't.
    v8power383, Kart-No-1 and VARDZ like this.
  9. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I love a faster racing car as much as the next person, and ultimately I myself have been more competitive in faster cars (open wheelers and LMPs) . But it's not about me, it's about the 50+ (hopefully) racers from div 1 to div 3 or 4 having a car they can all compete in. Using a slower car doesn't mean less enjoyable racing, it often means more battles and fewer protests.
    v8power383, garyw61 and Anthonyb like this.
  10. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I guess it's subjective because driving a slower car definitely does mean less enjoyable racing for me. If I feel like I'm driving my Mazda6 in a league race, which was how the Porsche felt for me, I can't think of anything worse. In saying that though, if a slower car has character it might be a different story.
    v8power383 and Anthonyb like this.
  11. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    'Slower'cars can be great, way back in the early days if Gt6, we raced the mx5 TC. was a slow car but a cracking season of races was had.
    stucar17, SPL Racing and v8power383 like this.
  12. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    :)front;)bum:)
  13. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah but like I said mate, it's subjective, I've never enjoyed racing slow cars.
  14. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Haven raced the Cayman again tonight, I actually think it would make a great season car. I had a fantastic battle with benny where even when we slightly overstepped the limit we were able to recover and keep battling. Would make for a great season of racing
  15. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    I'll race you in my Mazda 3 :)
    garyw61 and dj2ca like this.
  16. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Each to there own.. Worst season ever in my opinion. was soooo slow and boring practicing during the week and if ya dropped away from the pack in a race. Haven't driven the Cayman yet thou, being a gt4 car should be allgud
  17. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I personally found the ginetta gt4 to be the best season I've done. Yeah practice was boring lapping endlessly on you own because it was slow but the racing was so dam competitive because everyone was able to handle the car and that's my preference.
  18. Anthonyb

Lambo hurricane was good.
    Like the game but struggling to find any pace nearly every car seems to lack grip or something. I know I wasn't super quick in pc1 but I was still mid pack. Struggling to be with in a few seconds a lap of the pace so starting to get very frustrated.
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Just an idea but it might be worth playing around with your FFB settings a little mate. If you're on tonight I can give you mine, not that I've changed them very much. Public holiday here in Victoria tomorrow so I'll be on a bit later than usual.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  20. Anthonyb

Thanks mate taking wheel back today so they will probably send it away so as soon as I get it back I will take you up on that. Very frustrated that I'm so far of the pace.