Season 13 car?

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 4, 2017.

?

Season Car/s

Poll closed Oct 9, 2017.
  1. Ferrari 330 P4

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Ferrari 312/67

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. F2004

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. GT3 Cars - Variety, BOP

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  5. Road Car

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. LMP

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Here's a few ideas. What do you like??

You can vote for more than 1, but if you want GT3, give me the ones you think. Same for road cars and LMP.

Aim is for the season to start Monday week - Monday 16th of October.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

LMP would be pretty cool :)
    jlynn777 likes this.
  3. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

I like the idea of LMP's as well: very fast and I think being able to play around with the hybrid system could be interesting.
    Others I like are: Renault R.S.01 :thumbsup:, Ferrari 599XX EVO, Mclaren F1 GTR, Porshe 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 (slow), BMW M3 E30 Group A (very slow), Mclaren P1 GTR, Ferrari FXX K.
  4. Mael

Mael Professional

I thinks its time for a track day car, how about a KTM X-bow? :coffee:
    bmx_mtb_boy, marty and Rolz like this.
  5. Rolz

that would be really fun...
  6. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Prety happy with anything really as haven't raced anything other then the TT in a proper league setup. I know it's probably been raced to death but would love to race GT3 cars
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Lotus 2 11 is also pretty close to it at all tracks, could spice things up having a couple makes in the field. With season ballast even if one car is slightly faster then the other it would balance out after the first couple of rounds.
  8. Rolz

hmm... I'll say it once and once only, ballast and restrictor sucks if used to make it *fair* for the slower drivers... understand if it's used to even out car performance.
  9. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Merc/bmw DTM old school series would be cool
    Rolz likes this.
  10. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

The DTM cars are a good combo, have had plenty of fun on my servers with them, ran the Alfa as well. It I believe it's a good bit quicker
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think some success ballast isnt too bad, maybe at 40kg max it would be better then where we were getting to 50kg. The point where I think ballast sucks is if it forces guys that would be fighting for wins to have no hope of a win or even a podium. Turning the field upside down like I saw XGN did last season just seems stupid to me.

The last season here even with averaging the highest ballast it was only some unfortunate contact that took me away from a possible season win so it couldnt have been too bad. However it was rare that @KoAStR and me had similar ballast so when we may have been pretty close on same ballast we didnt have many proper race battles due to ballast changes between races.

A season without any ballast could be interesting too so there could be some proper fights between all the regular quick guys. I think there wouod be less then .5 between maybe 5 to 8 guys here if there was no ballast in most combos. Probably make for more competitive racing up front. ;)
    Rolz likes this.
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    The ballast has been a moving target for many seasons and Kunos has evolved the game. You also need to understand we had circumstances early in setting up the AC league where there was a huge gulf in driver skills all in the same room. It did and still does create some close racing. The problem is we, ahhh, I, don't have enough time to test the car with various ballasts to see what will rob only .5 of a sec on each track we use.

I am happy to scrap the ballast for a season, less work for admin, but I might do a poll first?? I do encourage everyone to go back and look at past seasons because I would be confident if the season champ wasn't K, it was Cherno or Stiggy. Interestingly the ballast system still seems to see the cream rise to the top season after season. I will try and test the new season car though, because I do feel the ballast mechanics have changed a little bit again. Early on we were adding way more ballast... can't remember exactly, but 80kg or more, and it wasn't that bad, so maybe coming back to 40 or even 30 kg as a max would be better with the current build of AC.

Anyway, it seems the road car is polling well. That surprised me I have to say?? I will chuck up a new poll and we'll pick our pony for next season.
    marty, Rolz and KoAStR like this.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ballast will be very dependant on cars, it shouldn't matter too much which track, in the same cars I would suspect its overall more a percentage of lap time lost so you cant really go by the .5 per lap goal as tracks are going to be varied length but over a similar total race distance the likely loss with ballast should be close at all tracks.

Some cars like a relatively low powered light weight car 50kg may be a much bigger loss then in a street car for example 50kg may not be as big a penalty.

The season champion likely wont change much with or without ballast at the levels you guys run as to get to the lead you will need to run ballast and still get results, it likely just mixes it up a bit more and makes the end result a little bit less predictable.

At xgn I was for running some ballast to maybe bring the top few guys back to the pack a little, winning easily is about as much fun as hotlapping for me, but the system here seems to work fairly well. Recently XGN has gone for a full flip the grid mentality where the regular leaders get put back to the lower mid pack, this can be fun for a race or 2 but would get frustrating as heck pretty quick.
  14. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    I'm voting for a road car based purely on my lack of experience in both this game and with a wheel setup. Coming into this game after 6 seasons of GT6 on a controller.
    Anon666 likes this.
  15. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

Been playing quite alot of PC2 and the Formula Rookie is very enjoyable. Slow open-wheelers (skip barber, srf, formula ford) are all great fun.

Does AC have a skippy?
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Not really in the Kunos content but perhaps as a mod.

Tatuus Formula Arbath is good but a bit higher spec than skippy's. The old Lotus 29 is probably closer in performance.
    Rolz likes this.
  17. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
  18. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666