Season Lucky No. 13!! That's No Pirate, It's A GTaaaRrrgh!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 18, 2017.

1. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

Anon666, pogz and jlynn777 like this.
  2. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

One of the hardest races I have had. Had an awesome battle with Marty and Koastr at the start. So hard to pass as Marty was very fast and made very few errors. I eventually took a chance when he left me some room and then pitted a few laps later to come out about 5-6 seconds behind. Noob.

Looking forward to next race! This car is awesome.
    Anon666, jlynn777 and marty like this.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-13-weigh-in-for-ballast.2986/
    IIiiiiiiff we do keep the success ballast system this season, here's the scales:
    KoAStR 35
    Marty 30
    ED40t 25
    Shaun Allen 20
    Cherno 15
    Rolz 12
    Godzilla 9
    Krunch 6
    Mael 3
    I for one won't miss being weighed down.

Awesome race. Was hanging on for grim death at the start but a few errors let the gap to Ed and Marty open up a little. Fortunately the front row seat to their battle was worth the ticket price of a few tenths and manage to close a little. Pressure was on with Cherno filling up my rear view.

Deviated from initial strategy and pitted 1 lap earlier than planned as pushing to close had taken a toll on tyres and was looking for the undercut. A few nervous laps later Ed appeared on the split timing a few seconds back, then a couple more laps and Marty was coming up to speed out of the pits on new rubber. This was it. Had to make it happen this lap. Looked left. Looked right. Took a few goes but eventually as the track got tight my nicely seasoned rubber prevailed.

Then it was a very sweaty last 7 laps or so to finish with Marty just tenths away and Ed not far behind.

Good to see @Cherno back and looking like a season off hasn't hurt your pace :cool:
    Great racing. This car IS awesome fun. Cheers :thumbsup:
    Anon666, Cherno, pogz and 3 others like this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Was a great hard battle this one, I managed to just sneak it onto pole but knew looking at the times .12 to 4th it was never going to be easy. I managed to get a good start but didnt quite get away and got a little distracted by the car I lapped 3 times in the first few laps. Then Ed came up to me and I had to do everything I could to try and stay ahead as at this point it was clear he wasn't going to let me get away.

I defended a bit into t2 one lap and was a bit too tight in then ran a bit wide out and Ed40t got the run and was inside to t3 and got past clean. From there he had some crazy pace and I just tried to stay close til the stops with Koastr and Cherno hot on my tail there wasn't much time to take it easy, I saw Koastr pitted earlier so was a bit wary of where he may pop out and after seeing he was a couple seconds ahead of ED I knew this will be close. I pitted after a not great lap, dont think the tyres were so bad just bad driving under the pressure of trying to stay clean and try to make some gains without losing out to a possible undercut.

I came out just ahead of koastr and knew this was not going to be easy to stay ahead that lap cold tyres vs his warm ones. I didn't really make a mistake but he got a good run and we were side by side for quite a few corners. The long right before the tight hairpin I had the inside line thinking this should be good but he managed to stay alongside on the outside giving him the inside to the hairpin and a great pass for the lead.

I then tried hanging on and did all I could to put some pressure on, the first time I got close I missed a gear and lost about 1 second with maybe 8 laps to go. From there I went as hard as I could and most laps gained .0 lol with a couple where I made .1 with the end result being second by .5 with solid races from Koastr and Ed40t.
    Anon666, Cherno, jlynn777 and 2 others like this.
  5. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

I was hoping with you guys battling I could catch up but the pace was super hot!
    KoAStR and marty like this.
  6. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Very happy to end up with 7th as really wasn't expecting much from this round judging by the times through the week. Managed to steal a couple of places through the first lap and somehow managed to keep them. Surprised how long it took to refuel, should have tested that (and pit entry) before the race
    Anon666, ed40t and jlynn777 like this.
  7. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

From the other end of the field: Mixed race for me!
    Quali I wasn't expecting much, did a PB that was only good enough for 12th.
    Just before the lights went out I recieved a pitlane start for adding fuel to my pitstop preset (thought pitstop changes would be ok).
    In absolute disbelief I did my best to try and claw my way back in a desperate drive after losing around 15 seconds. Unfortunately around lap 5, made contact with Chunk (thanks for re-dressing!) which added fuel to the fire as I did some rally cross. Following Koastr's advice I fully fueled and felt I didn't need to pit until lap 18 when my front left was down to around 30%. Then it got interesting.
    Came out of the pits straight into a battle that had 6 cars within 5 seconds of each other. I was thrilled that I somehow managed to catch up, especially once I realised I should have a decent tyre advantage. Ended up making some overtakes and capitalised on a collusion between Anon and bbrrt which saw me get to the front of that pack :)
    Should be an awesome season!

Anon666, pogz, ed40t and 1 other person like this.
  8. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Q1 - was stoked to get a PB and into the 1:53's right on the last lap... or would have been 3-4 places down, certainly helped my race.
    R1 - really glad to be back racing at ROOZ, the driving quality of everyone here is second to none! Very happy with getting 6th in this car :)
    Anon666, jlynn777 and marty like this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Sounds like what happened is you didnt press the button to start the race in time. I think if you havent done this before the second red light comes on it will start you in the pits. Its fairly easy to do making adjustments to fuel etc which is why I try to make changes before the end of the qualy session. That way I can double check its correct at start of race and press the button to go to grid.
    jlynn777 and Rolz like this.
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    OP is updated with links for downloading skins and skin previews in the spoiler.
    DL link for Pagnian skin is pending...
    Anon666 likes this.
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  12. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

A couple of screens from rnd1 using all the team skins. ;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sooo good! :thumbsup:
  15. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Looks awesome, now I'll know who to punt off the track (another team) and who to think twice about :)
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have put up 3 servers under Marty's Raceonoz with the GTR at Okayama, Jerez and Algarve if anyone wants to test them. The servers are MR AB+ whitelist and most here should already be on my whitelist, if someone is not MR AB and cant get in send me a pm with your GUID and I will add you to this so you can get in.
    Anon666 and Godzilla like this.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  18. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Thanks @marty willl give them a good run over the next couple of days
    marty likes this.
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here is a video of just lap 1 with all the cool skins from the static cams.

c4rLo5, Anon666, Hatfield and 3 others like this.
  20. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

wow how is the quality! I hope you got some footage of our 4 way up the front!
    Some reason my car is not showing PRT colours. :p