PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    I do apologise for bailing in the 3rd or 4th run last night , my boy just wouldn't go to sleep without me tucking him in ......
    Was fun guys , jesus all of you are super quick ........ I had to join a group from bloody mars .
    Will be fine for next Sunday's race as I will sell my child on ebay during the week , may get a new wheel with the money :)
    Hori wheel here we come !
  2. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Yeah sorry about bailing as well, definitely didn’t feel right. Never felt the car that loose and difficult to drive before...1 second of the pace at Watkins glen wasn’t normal and I was absolutely hauling to get something out of the car in Fuji :(
  3. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Overall these things are difficult for me across the board , they just lack grip and turn in .
    Anyway we all have to deal with them I Guess :)
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

I find you have to use abit of curb to help get it turned in most corners, also trail braking helps a lot, but can turn into a spin quite easily, Caught me out a few times.
    Good track list @stucar17 looking forward to Sunday.
    SUBGTRACER and stucar17 like this.
  5. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Problem I had was I couldn't even look at the throttle until the car was completely straight otherwise it would flick out....must've been a glitch or something cause normally I'm on it from just about mid-corner
  6. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Generally speaking, the only time I ever have a problem getting this car to turn nicely is when I brake too late.

Overall, had lots of good racing last night. Even in a short race, strategy can play a big part, so it should be a real factor in the longer races. Had some good battles on track, looking forward to more of that for the next 7 weeks.
    stucar17 likes this.
  7. clynt reynolds

clynt reynolds Guest

Where ever you place me is fine by me Stu. Cheers. Clynt.
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. clynt reynolds

clynt reynolds Guest

Looking like some nice close racing this season. Big thx to all the blokes who organise. @stucar17 etc. Cheers. COYOTE.
    Anthonyb, stucar17 and SUBGTRACER like this.
  9. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Well said
    Well said clynt
    + 1
    Anthonyb likes this.
  10. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    So what rimes are we looking at for Watkins Glen?
  11. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    1:45 race pace looks about right I think, going off some of the guys that have been on.
  12. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Low 46's for me, high 45's for qually
  13. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Thanks guys.
  14. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    @stucar17 im away for round 1 Stu, but I'll be around for the rest of the season
    stucar17 likes this.
  15. Coojak3009

Coojak3009 Rookie

No. 2 plz guys
  16. clynt reynolds

clynt reynolds Guest

17. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    They've got you listed in Div 2 mate
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    been super busy and crook so will finalise divs either today or tomorrow.....Havent been able to get online to see how fast the new guys are so when i get to see them will make a final call.....
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING : ROUND 1 - SEASON 1
    - WATKINS GLEN
    - 26 LAPS - 1/6/17
    - Qual Time @1pm - (1 weather slot - Heavy Cloud)
    - Race Time @2pm - Heavy cloud / Medium cloud / Light cloud / Clear
    - Time progression REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : Real
    - TYRE WEAR : Accelerated
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    - PIT LANE CLOSED FOR QUALIFYING
    [​IMG]

OK Guys .... We have a few new drivers who need to be up on how we go about our league racing, and im sure there are a few of us who wouldn't mind a reminder of what is expected !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Round 1 is generally the most common where we see contact issues, particularly if we have drivers who havent done a lot of practice. If you are mid or back of the pack, please make extra effort to slow into turn 1 and not dive-bomb into the mid pack. Giving room on both sides till you get through the bus top will help to stop any unnecessary contact. Take extra effort to not ruin someones night in teh first race of the season ;)
    TRACK LIMITS : As we are running (at this stage) with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. The obvious point this can be exploited is TURN 1, drivers continually running past the ripple strip to gain advantage will be penalised post race with a time penalty. The other obvious spots are THE BUS STOP, the EXIT OF 8 and finally the EXIT OF 10.
    CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    COMPULSORY PIT STOP : It is HIGHLY recommended you save a pit strategy from the options tab in game and select it as your intended strategy for the race so you don't have to do it on the fly while racing....
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : We will be running with Pit penalties ON, so will need to make an attempt to enter and exit using the pit lane lines. We have seen people hit with warnings in game, so be aware of staying in the lane. DONT FORGET TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE AT 60KLMS AT THE PIT ENTRY LINE OR YOU WILL GET DSQ FROM THE RACE IF YOU GO IN TOO HOT.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags
    , and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !