PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I’m happy for you to host Stu. You have a proven solid connection
    dj2ca and stucar17 like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok done....

Christ, looking at the driver list here should be some great racing as well ! Did some laps with truss this arvo and he is well quick ... Need a div 1 room of about 32 !
  3. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

P11: shane11primera (left session)

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    garyw61 likes this.
  4. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
  5. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Highlights!

SUBGTRACER likes this.
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Some great racing last night.
    Congrats on the win @dj2ca. Well done to @stucar17 and @stilesy on rounding out the podium.

A night of what could have been.
    Had an ok start and was right on the back of stu as he had an off turn one exit.
    Couldn't find a way through so had to follow behind for a few laps until I made a little mistake which let @ned83 and @stilesy through. Didn't lost too much time so I was able to tag onto the back of them as they battled on.
    Made a daring pass on stiley into the bustop and got through cleanly, and then inherited 3rd after ned spun (@truss1984 lost it at turn one and was making his way the pack again at this time).
    Had an awesome battle with stilesy until about lap 18 as the gap between us was never larger than 0.7s until I decided to loop it at turn one. Had another mishap later in that same lap which saw me drop to 7th where I ended up finishing.

During the first half of the race I had to contend with two kids still wide awake (had late naps), the little one still full of energy, then the older one throwing up after drinking his milk (too much food earlier lol). Don't think the wife was too impressed having to deal with all this while I was playing a game lol. God bless her soul she is an awesome one. :)
    In hindsight, maybe I should have let the kids stick around coz my concentration started to lapse once the wife sent them to bed and that's when my two mistakes happened haha.

Then to top it off about 3 laps from the end I finally realised why my confidence during turn one dwindled down throughout the week. I was going through there fine Monday/Tuesday, but then as the week went on, I started finding myself losing the back end way too easily. Only at the end of the race did I realise I was downshifting that little bit too early into 3rd and causing compression lock ups. Once I got past that I found I could easily take the turn with full confidence again... too little too late I guess...
    On to next week!
    stilesy, stucar17 and dj2ca like this.
  7. ned83

ned83 Rookie

PSN ID
    ned83
    Good race alright. Congrats to the podium.

The first few laps were intense alright. Watched @SuiCid3 (@ranok3n) run wide so made sure to capitalize on that, the whole time having @stilesy hounding my green rear. From there @truss1984 had his error on turn one so inherited 3rd.

Then the pressure was real, as both @SuiCid3 and @stilesy battled each other behind. Quick glance in the mirror was clearly a mistake as the slightest of errors took me out of what was clearly going to be an epic three way battle for the podium. Managed to recover the spin well and pushed on, scoring a slight bit of luck when @SuiCid3 had another off.

Race home was quiet from there, making sure to keep consistent lap times to hold off @Bounty05 and then sure enough @truss1984 appeared in the last two laps. Took the points for fourth, and finished in front of @truss1984 at the Glen again (which I was sure to let him know about after)

Bring on Japan!!

dj2ca and SuiCid3 like this.
  8. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Qualy: 3rd to could have been anyone's. Crazy close times there.
    stilesy and ned83 like this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    good job last night lads.....

My race i had a fairly quiet night, managed 3rd on the grid with my 2nd last lap, spinning on my last but there was no time advantage in it so parked up.

Race start was good, got away clean, and watched DJ and truss slowly drive away.....was hoping that with DJ in front they would slow each other down and keep me in the fight, but with Truss spinning at turn 1, it gave DJ the fresh air he needed to widen the gap by about .2 per lap.....

WIth about 2 laps to go, Stilesy drove up to me, but i managed to hold him off for 2nd......

Have to say well done to everyone for keeping it clean....turn 1 there was lots of room given (from what i could see) which is what its all about, the close racing comes from the end of lap 1 in theory !

on to Fuji for round 2, unless im back in Div 1 to host !
    SuiCid3, dj2ca and stilesy like this.
  10. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

it looks like you enjoyed this win dj! i hadnt done much running at the glen & really like the track in these cars. great way to start on the new game mate
    congrats also to stu & stilesy
    dj2ca and stilesy like this.
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah I was pretty happy mate, had some decent competition to contend with!
  12. stilesy

stilesy Rookie

PSN ID
    stilesy
  13. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Great video mate, that cockpit view shows some really nice smooth lines through the corners.
    stilesy likes this.
  14. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  15. stilesy

stilesy Rookie

PSN ID
    stilesy
    Cheers mate :thumbsup:
    dj2ca likes this.
  16. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    stilesy likes this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ROUND 2
    : (12/11/17) FUJI - 27 LAPS - 28/8/17
    - Qualifying @ 2pm - (1 weather slot - Light cloud)
    - Race Start @3pm - Light cloud / Med cloud / clear / Light cloud
    - Time progression REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop : NO
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Accelerated
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    - Damage : OFF
    - MANUAL PIT : OFF (should auto drive you out of pits in qual)

Ok Guys, first off well done last week....was some great racing across all 4 divs, what its all about !
    We will be running NO PIT STOPS and NO FUEL BURN up untill the the new patch hits. Effectively makes each round a sprint round.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Its a very fast run into turn 1 at this track, If you are mid or back of the pack, please make extra effort to slow into turn 1 and not dive-bomb into the mid pack. Turn 3 (coca cola corner) can also be a bit of a pinch point on lap 1, ending in a big accident so be careful though there till the grid shakes out.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There is advantage in a couple of spots, EXIT TURN 1 - Turns 3 through to 6 (100R), and the EXIT onto the main straight. Has to be pointed out though running wide at certain spots really compromises the entry into the next turn.....If you see someone continually running wide to gain an advantage please PM your room captain....

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    COMPULSORY PIT STOP : N/A
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A
    BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    [​IMG]
    Jim_aka_The_Man, dj2ca and stilesy like this.
  18. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    garyw61 likes this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, it's time for a refresher on Mic Etiquette as things have been getting more than a little loose again....

A reminder for EVERYONE that if you are in a ROOZ room your 'chat' in that room is a direct reflection of ROOZ.

- Abuse of any kind is not acceptable.
    - in a private chat, members should be mindful of who is in that chat and be aware of appropriate language
    - THE IN GAME CHAT GOES THROUGH PEOPLE'S TVS, SO ANYTHING SAID CAN BE HEARD BY EVERYONE WITHIN EARSHOT OF THEIR TV....

Please have a quick read in the link below, we don't want anyone overstepping the mark.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/important-mic-ettequite-please-read.432/

Stu
    garyw61 and dj2ca like this.
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    :thumbsup: