GT Sport Season 1 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ROUND 2
    : (12/11/17) ALSACE - 23 LAPS - 1715 Fine

Car : Porsche 911 RSR 2017 (509hp 1243Kg)
    Tuning: Allowed
    Wear : x1
    Tyre Regs : RH
    Fuel Depletion : x1
    Initial Fuel : Default
    Qualifying regs : Open

Ok Guys, first off well done last week....was some great racing across all 4 divs, which is what its all about !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start 8:30 AEDT

TURN 1 LAP 1 : A new track, a new turn 1. Just use your heads and don't divebomb.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    If you see someone continually running wide to gain an advantage please PM your room captain....

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    COMPULSORY PIT STOP : No
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Please be aware of the pit lines and try not to cut them. If you do, and it impedes another driver, you may be penalised.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room
    [​IMG]
    razor4797 likes this.
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    emmo46 likes this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, it's time for a refresher on Mic Etiquette........ We have a lot of new members and we want to do the right thing !

A reminder for EVERYONE that if you are in a ROOZ room your 'chat' in that room is a direct reflection of ROOZ.

- Abuse of any kind is not acceptable.
    - in a private chat, members should be mindful of who is in that chat and be aware of appropriate language
    - THE IN GAME CHAT GOES THROUGH PEOPLE'S TVS, SO ANYTHING SAID CAN BE HEARD BY EVERYONE WITHIN EARSHOT OF THEIR TV....

Please have a quick read in the link below, we don't want anyone overstepping the mark.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/important-mic-ettequite-please-read.432/

Stu
  4. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    Hey guys, I haven’t even had a chance to turn 1 lap this week so not gonna be around tonight. In the middle of selling/buying a house at the minute and I’ve got a lot less time than I thought to be honest. Hopefully when I’m settled in I can dedicate some time to racing again. Enjoy the season
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    no worries mate, I know what it's like
  6. Hzar

Hzar New Recruit

Not gonna be on tonight sadly as well, Need to study for exams
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Not gonna be here tonight. Visitors still here and most likely will be a reoccurance with the gaylight savings.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    So as i thought, daylight savings is playing havoc on my availability moving forwards. Im gonna slip back to reserve until daylight savings is over or my current routine changes
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    after many drivers withdrawing before tonights race, we had a smallish grid of 9. But 9 started and 9 finished without a dsc or stuck on grid etc.

bad luck to @emmo46 tagging part of the final corner wall on apex

Well done @razor4797 on the win and @COME_AND_GET_ME7 coming from over 20sec down in last to take 2nd with a pitstop!

I'm Happy with the podium
    razor4797 likes this.
  10. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well i'm well and truly stuffed after that race. Had provisional pole with a 1:54.001 for razor to then snatch it back by a whisker. Even though I qualified 2nd I somehow started back in 5th and before I could type something was a miss we were away. I got a decent start easily getting past hatfield before T1. I had a run on emmo out of T1 and tried going round the outside at T3 but was forced to go off roading due to a lack of racing room which cost me several positions. Pushed hard for the remainder of the lap but pushed too hard going up the hill in the final sector and spun. At this point I was 22s down with 22 laps to go. Now some may have rage quitted at this time but I soldiered on pushing the tyres to the very limit with no care for fuel efficiency. Pumped out low 54 after low 54 with the odd high 53 thrown in for good measure. Before too long I caught up to the back markers and picked them off one by one with each pass costing me ~ 2s from my clean air pace. At about the half way point of the race I was up to third with only Arakasi and Razor in front of me. Had a little battle with Arakasi before being able to make a clean pass and move on to Razor who held a comfortable lead of 9s over the rest of the field. I managed to get this lead down to 3s by the end of lap 18 but running 54s laps had taken its toll and i had to pit. Filled her up to 30% and came out with Razor 13s ahead. Pushed hard but in the end could only get the lead back to 7s over the last 5 laps.

Congratulations on the win Razor but i'm not a big fan of no stoping being a viable race strategy. It allows those that are potentially out of division to build a lead and then simply run a lean engine mode to ensure that they don't run out of fuel while maintaining their lead over slower drivers running maximum power.
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sorry about that, I thought I was clear, I doubt I could have pulled it tighter anyway.
  12. COME_AND_GET_ME7

All good. There was no contact just not enough room for two cars on exit so I took to the grass.
  13. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    @Hatfield just a quick question; @COME_AND_GET_ME7 and I both got the exact same FL time (1:53.667), does that mean we both get the FL point or only CAGM because the game has his name as taking the FL?
  14. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Pole lap footage.
    @COME_AND_GET_ME7 don’t take the little dig at the end personally, just a bit of banter ;)
    TheMugsy likes this.
  15. COME_AND_GET_ME7

In the past it has gone to whoever set it first. In which case I would get the point.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I would assume whoever the game awarded it to had a quicker time by an unseen decimal placing
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Wow, that was unrealo_O, a brush with the wall brought me to an instant stop. I lost 20 seconds to that fiasco and dropped 3rd to a solid last. I enjoyed the chase back through the field though and eventually finished where I qualified so have to be happy with that.
    The GTSport gods decided to swap my starting position with that of Cagme (me to 2nd and him to my 5th) so I got to run near the front of the field until the crazy wall thing.
    I lost another 10 seconds over the last lap as I had the fuel light flashing and had a good gap behind me so cruised to the finish.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    round 2 replay shared
    tags of
    raceonoz
    season1
    division3
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Zachery likes this.
  20. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Thanks hi all
    razor4797, emmo46 and JonoStan96 like this.