GT Sport Season 1 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 26, 2017.

1. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    Smooth and controlled often feels slower but turns out to be faster and more consistent,
    After yesterday I can sit comfortably in the 1:36's (occasional 1:37 scrappy lap) with full fuel load and managed a best of 1:35.8xx with lower fuel towards the end of a run - so have been making steady improvement.
    You're right though, that chicane can cost a lot of time and is probably the biggest single area on that track to get right,
    I made changes to the way I enter it, using a line I thought would cost more time but had the opposite effect.
    A change to the diff settings also made it more stable under braking into it.
    Have you tried just watching others on track going through those sections you battle with?
  2. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Haven't even watched AI, just been doing time trials - though now I know my vulnerable spots its time to watch some real people! Guess I will hit the lobbies

I will have a play with the diff settings, opening a can of worms there that I haven't touched yet in GTS... :)
  3. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    Open that can and chomp those worms...I'll be online later if you want some help.
  4. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

I hate that downhill breaking and turning at speed, catches me out a few times. ROOZ had a friendly race the other night and I entered with a different rollbar setup which always nearly spun me out each lap. Think I'll reset those changes! :)
  5. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Well my day off practice yesterday turned into a day of jobs around the house, I'll be racing with 20 laps plus whatever I can get Sunday :(
  6. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I have a really good chance at pole today........ Thanks to the reverse grid.
  7. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Awesome set of races tonight. Congrats to the winners in both races. Special shout out to jonesy for making both races good fun.
    If someone doesn't load the replays ill do it later.
    pat65, Tristan Jones and TheMugsy like this.
  8. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Thanks Johnno, will be good to see those replays, I felt you had a bit of pace on me, kept the nerves up trying to get a second in front of you! Makes for an awesome race when it stays that clean. When I overtook you the first race I thought you would get me back quickly, but ended up being a great battle - was very hard to follow closely on that track, the last 3 laps of the 2nd race you were making like 2 seconds per lap on me! When I saw Ozglenn behind me I figured he would have caught me...another lap I think he would have!

I got a few minor racing scrapes at the start of that second grid, but even SR S doesn't come close to that amount of sportsmanship! Sports mode would have seen a few more hits for sure!

Bathurst will make for some tight racing next week - practise will be interesting, I know the track really well, but haven't done much there in GTS yet, and need to learn what the porsche can do there!
  9. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Last night was very good racing from where I was. 2 races with 2 clean race bonuses so happy with that.

First few laps in the first race was heaps of fun. Epic and Naacs got away to a good start. I made a few mistakes in the first few laps and all I could see was Pat connected to my tail lights. I managed to settle down in to a conformable pace. Naacs and Epic were creeping away from me until Epic had a spin. From there Naacs was gone off into the distance and I sat in 2nd by myself just making sure I didn't turn it around.

Race 2 the plan was to take it easy I figured I had the pace to get 3rd with out taking any risks. I made it through the first corner ok with a few cars bumping into each other in front of me. Had a good run into the first chicane. Naacs and I wanted the same peace of track along that straight but I figured I would just follow in through there and hopefully following him through the field. Kinda went to plan. Was taking it easy just lapping at a comfortable pace. Naacs managed to spin going into turn 1 which again gave me 2nd place for free. From there I just couldn't close the gap to Epic.

Well done Naacs on the round win. Looking forward to Bathurst.
    pat65, Ozglenn, stucar17 and 2 others like this.
  10. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    Some good racing last night, well done to all.
    Thought I did alright qualifying second as @NAACS was too quick and @CAB77 was right up there as well.
    First race was going pretty well in 2nd when a brain spasm led me to touch the grass and spin....dropped back to 6th and managed to work my way back to 3rd before forgetting to turn traction control back on through a certain section and spin again on the second to last lap.
    Must say that @Matthyus made a race of it and wasn't easy to get past, looks like you had good pace mate.
    Second race was interesting, managed to make some good places up in the first lap and into the lead in lap 2 (I think) with NAACS keeping me honest the whole way home - really felt the pressure the entire race and was happy to eventually see the finish line.
    I haven't raced much on Bathhurst although I'm sure there many in the field who know it well - think I have a lot of work to do before next Sunday but I'm sure it's going to be a cracker.
  11. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Once again I'm impressed with the quality of racing with you guys, fast and clean. To see first corners where everyone is patient and gets through is awesome and not something I'm used to, in public races I know that the Bradbury effect will get me a couple of places but I'm really going to have to work on improvement here as you lot are too damn polite :D.

I'll be running a practice session at Bathurst for most of today and tomorrow, I'll keep it public if anyone wants to jump in.
    Tristan Jones and stucar17 like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    'yeah you guys suck with your clean racing, like can't you take each other out so I can win?' ;)
  13. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Quite the opposite Hat, I'm loving it. Didn't even think about it coming across that way :(
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yeah I know

my line was in quotations as a sort of sarcastic comedy type of thing.

I can tell you're really enjoying it and I am ecstatic for you!
    AroGantz likes this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if you cannot make it for any particular round, could you please POST HERE when you know you won't be attending

(or in your division PSN chat)
    pat65 and TheMugsy like this.
  16. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'll have to watch the replay for what happened in the first race (forgotten already.....), but for the 2nd race, Once I got past you I was in the zone for the last 3 - 4 laps. I can't remember my times as just focused on racing well and through that I put 5 - 6 secs between us and took from that 6th as well. If the race was a couple of laps longer I would have caught 6th.
    My results are a reflection of my race quality, which is improving to only 1 stack per race :) not my pace. If I didn't total it on the first lap, I reckon I would have done quite well.
    I will commend the entire field on the cleanliness of the start of the second race, that was some tight quarter racing. I'm still too damn polite as Jonesy and I both found out later on :)

I'm getting there :) Thank you for the kudos!!!
    Reckon I was holding low 38's, high 37's, especially once I got past Jonesy :)
    pat65 and Tristan Jones like this.
  17. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Really enjoyed last nights Races. Qualified 4th and stayed there until Glenn passed me on the inside of the last sweeper at the end of lap 4.
    From then on I followed Glenn for the remaining 9 laps. I must say that it was quite hard to judge my braking points with someone close by in front.
    I couldn't get pass Glenn and I was also a bit hesitant to get right up his rear in the long 's' bends before the last corner as my car had become quite unsettled on a previous attempt. I sat there doing constant 1:37's until the second last lap where I decided to push it in the final sector as a test run to the final lap. The car was nicely settled so I was confident of a big move on the last lap. I good good momentum in the final sector of the last lap and was right behind Glenn in the last 's' bends. Pushed up the inside and managed to grad 3rd spot. Quite an intense race for me.

In race 2 I had a self inflicted incident on the first corner and ended up last by a long way.
    Managed to claw my way back to 4th and had a great battle with Kieran who was vert hard to pass.
    Finally managed to pass but had Naacs bearing down on me with a few laps to go. I made a mistake on lap 12 an ended up 4th behind Naacs. He had a couple of spins in the race which caused him to be behind me in the first place.

Overall an enjoyable night with clean racing and no network issues that i know of.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  18. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Qualifying
    [​IMG]

Results Race 1
    [​IMG]

Results Race 2
    [​IMG]

Fastest laps Race 1