Season III - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Sep 1, 2017.

1. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Can’t argue it’s cause that’s how they run F1 irl....they get payed millions! (Well, unless you drive for sauber :cautious:)
  2. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Was very confident tonight, Love the track so was looking forward to the race.
    Nailed the qualifying lap and though i might have been able to grab pole until Jono went 0.0012 quicker to relegate me to 2nd.

I'm still having issues with the starts which dropped me to 4th. Also something i never thought i'd say this season is i was not only pressuring Beau but also looking faster than him. Don't know how many more times i'll get to say that but i'll take it for what it's worth. Also hopefully i didn't force you to wide the few times i tried to pass you turn 1 did my best to leave as much room as i could.

The safety car was perfect as i was able to gain back the time i'd lost to the leader whilst battling Beau. Everything was going well passed Nigel, Than Jono and Seth made contact which spun Jono out (Got a 3 second penalty for cutting the track whilst trying to avoid him) Than passed Seth when he ran wide in the first sector. After that we mirrored each other for a few laps happened before the incident that wrecked both our races. I might have been a bit harsh in the psn chat but it still looked like a divebomb on my screen. I was mainly pissed off in the psn chat because on my screen you had like 10 seconds of penalties which made me feel like you didn't even need to be so aggressive but anyway we'll see what happens.
    JonoStan96 and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Im sick of racing eh. Everytime i get close to a pack or finally have a decent battle it all goes to :):):):). Might be around next week, might not
  4. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Yeah you definitely were faster, I think a lot of people had the place too me last night, Sadly my 2nd Qualifying lap was ruined because I caught up too other car and soon I tryed too do another lap I spun out coming out of the pits and didn’t make it too start the lap.

Great Battle last night @Motors560 and yes I seen you coming down my inside I let you sit on my inside T1 and then you get heaps of traction out of T2 and went around me and I was like what the hell lol, same too @razor4797 just went around the outside of me and had no chance lol
    Motors560 and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Does this come with participation awards?
    Zachery likes this.
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Will have to check footage, I pulled the overtake off that wasn’t the drama, drama was exiting the corner you wanted to enter my realestate logically I’m full lock right and there’s nowhere else I can go to get further away from you. But when I finish work I’ll have a look anyways
  7. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Certainly did not expect to finish 2nd last night after starting 10th.

The first stint I was cautious on the SS tyre, but still managed to damage the front wing. Ended up holding the damage until my first stop.
    The race from here til the final laps was me just trying to catch the front pack making a few overtakes in the process.

The safety car was a blessing because it meant I was up with the leading group with a 13/14 lap sprint to the finish.
    The unlucky spins of Jono, Motors and Seth promoted me 3 spots, as well as passes on both my teammate Nigel and Keeden.

However, as I knew I was first on the road, my 3 second penalty haunted me as I tried to increase the gap to Keeden, but it wasn’t to happen.
    Very little practice meant mistakes happened, more often than I would have liked, regardless though I’m very happy with a result I feel is pretty lucky.

Congrats to @KeedenMcdonald for the win, keeping it clean won you the race there mate, good job.
    Also big ups to @nigegunz for clinching the final podium place and securing a double podium for HAAS!

Cheers lads, see you all next week.
  8. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

well could keep going the way you are going and soon enough everyone who races will get points
    RHINO11 likes this.
  9. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    *unless they retire
    Zachery likes this.
  10. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Thought I'll give the Canadian GP a go. Yeah didn't go to plan. Back into hibernation I go
    fezza and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    racing room goals
    Kieran_B33 and Toranafan-02 like this.
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Im still looking for the highlights i was promised. Grrr clickbait grrrr
    Toranafan-02 likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Needs more Shell
    seth123, Zachery and Toranafan-02 like this.
  14. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Is that explosion real or did you exaggerate it a little
    Toranafan-02 likes this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @Hatfield
    *provisional
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Enough with the rage quits guys, I’m fed up with seeing people quit because their race didn’t go so well especially when a safety car exists. It looks terrible and as far as I know does not count for a drop round either, and drastically reduces your chance at prizes so you’re only causing yourself more pain by throwing in the towel.
  16. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    GRRR there would be more highlights if I had traction control grrrrrr
    Zachery likes this.
  17. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    UnExaggerated I'm sure you didn't want to see the actual death seen.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I don’t think I’ve ever been more disappointed and angry after a race than last night.

A morale boosting pole and with Keeden buried in 4th, it gave me the perfect platform to strike back. The first stint was completely perfect, with Seth and I pulling away like a bat out of hell from the chasing pack, I think I set about 8 consecutive purple sectors in what was a very enjoyable period. For the second Canada GP in a row my teammate pitted on my in lap, but I was not fooled this time.

Except when I pitted the game for some reason gave me a bloody penalty despite being under the speed limit, the first installment of the game screwing me over. 2 laps later and look I’ll admit it was a disastrously bad corner cut, lost concentration and turned in way too early, but that was my ONLY track limit infringement of the whole race and I get a penalty instantly? When does that ever happen?

Anyway I passed a plucky Nigel on Supersofts and took off, hoping to extend my gap on the field to at least 7 seconds. That was until randm decided to park it up for whatever reason, which brought a safety car out (can you understand my immense frustration?), and in turn destroying what was effectively a guaranteed 1st or 2nd. Seth and I were a long way ahead, and due to the SC, neither of us could serve our unfair stop and go penalties.

With all the rhythm gone on the restart, I pushed too hard trying to create a gap and clouted the wall, but the real pain began on lap 25 when Seth tipped me into a spin, which I should have held to be honest. The car only got worse with more damage and I had to cede positions to Fezza and Highsenberg.

The final kick in the balls was amongst all the carnage Keeden took maximum points while I took just 2, a colossal blow for the championship. But the best are always there to capitalise on any chance so full credit to him on taking 3 successive wins, something that’s never been done before. I can keep my head up though, as I feel I’ve got my mojo back after a few lean races.

Onto Baku for another enduro and, oh, a track where I’ve scored precisely zero points. That had better change.
    tezpez85 likes this.
  19. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Replace the acting with racing. Thats pretty much my thursday night.
    2 dnf in a row. Last 2 seasons ive only had 2 total. With the assists and what not makes me more competitive which means more mistakes and closer racing and more risk. Still be there in baku thou. Break the drought hopefully.
    Russell likes this.
  20. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Sounds like a bit of chaos. Shame I missed it.

So, someone ready up’d early yet again? That seems to be a real issue this season that didn’t seem to exist last season. That can only lead me to thinking it’s some of the newer guys that have joined this season not realising it’s a thing. When someone new joins up, might have to lead off with that rule and THEN tell them the joining process. Would be nice if the game showed who it was and could start imposing penalties.