PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING FOR ROUND 3
    [​IMG]
    R3. NURBURGRING GP
    - 23 LAPS - 21/8/17
    Qualifying @ 1pm - (1 weather slot Medium Cloud)
    Race Start @ 2pm - Med cloud / light cloud / clear / Heavy cloud
    - Time progression : REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop : NO
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Accelerated
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time

[​IMG]
    Was some great racing last week, mixed in with a few issues, here is hoping for a clean and enjoyable round 3.... We have new members @Hoppy and hopefully @Les 317 joining the div 3 and 4 rooms.... I also have a couple of other guys sniffing around looking to join as well... Thanks to @dj2ca for keeping on top of the ladders....big job and he does it well.....I will be back to Div 2 and hosting duties.....

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

TURN 1 LAP 1 : GOAL FOR THIS WEEK ..... MAKE IT THROUGH LAP 1 WITH NO-ONE SPINNING OR MAKING CONTACT ! Give an extra bit of room, and wait till the grid shakes out. Give up a spot if you need to, don't defend like it's the last corner of the last lap ... ;)

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There are a couple of spots here where running wide does give an advantage.... Making a mistake or 2 is expected, however doing it continually to gain advantage WILL RESULT in a post race penalty.
    - Turn 2 and the entry to Turn 3 (mercedes arena)
    - The exit of Turn 4, is a big advantage by running wide....
    - The Exit of Turn 11 (Kumho Kurve)
    - Turns 15 and 16 (final chicane)
    All are pretty self explanatory, however the last chicane will be looked at closely post race...Its very easy to straight line it and gain bulk time.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    - Turn 1
    - Turn 3
    - Turn 8
    - The chicane
    These are all points i have noticed its easy to run up the backside of someone..be wary if you are in a train of 3 or 4 cars and brake little earlier....Its easy here to make up time using the draft. As i said above, the goal this week is NO CONTACT ON THE FIRST LAP ! If all divisions get through cleanly there will be a case of beer to all drivers courtesy of @dj2ca !

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : N/A
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A

BLUE FLAGS :
    There has been a few instances where lapped cars are not giving clear passage to the race leaders. Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those you are running with. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. That said, race leaders cant barge their way past either. Please use your brains here, and give room when you can !

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved ! I believe some people havent been able to save, this may mean you need to clear out some space from your replay library...

Good luck Sunday night
    Stu
    [​IMG]
  3. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Thanks @dj2ca, corona's for me please.
  4. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    No beers for anyone lol

It was lap 4 anyway :roflmao:

And I'll only take blame for the initial contact, the ensuing chaos had nothing to do with me lol
    stucar17, SuiCid3 and Bounty05 like this.
  5. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Truss is missing and stilesy is on the graph twice
  6. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Thanks mate, I'll fix that up, not sure how that happened.
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  7. POPPINFRESH1234

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Do you live here?
  8. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    You met me? ;)
  9. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Basicaly...

Champ table has been fixed.
    SuiCid3, stucar17 and POPPINFRESH1234 like this.
  10. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
  11. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I am out tonight no practice this week and really couldn't be bothered making up the numbers
  12. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Not sure how I will go tonight either. Had NBN installed Friday, and the modem has been rebooting itself every few minutes all day :( Telstra says there are NBN 'issues' in my area and to wait 24 hours. :mad:
  13. POPPINFRESH1234

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Mine did this when I changed over too, took a couple days and has been solid since
    garyw61 likes this.
  14. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Got to love Telstra
  15. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Had similar issues also, took a few days but eventually came good
  16. ned83

ned83 Rookie

PSN ID
    ned83
    Well that was a disappointing way to have a final race for a while. Good old pCars disconnects. Hope everyone had a cracking race.

Say last race as I'm off for surgery again. Knee this time round. Might get back for a race or two before this season ends. Good luck for the championship guys. Cheers.
    stucar17 and SuiCid3 like this.
  17. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  18. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I would check Stu's replay. I bet he was taking too much kerb on the last chicane

Well done guys!
    POPPINFRESH1234 and SuiCid3 like this.
  19. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Strange race indeed.
    Qualified 5th. Race start was clean and kept 5th until we came up to turn 6 where @Bounty05 started to spin right in front of me. Was a bees dick away from getting collected. Managed to pull to the right at the last second.
    Up to 4th and watched @stucar17 @garyw61 and @truss1984 pull a way ever so slowly.
    Had a small gap back to 5th so was just concentrating on keeping it on track without losing too much time.
    The guys in front had too much pace for me in the first half of the race so I stuck to trying to keep the gap behind me manageable.

The guys were playing russian roulette at the front, I had my own spin which let @dj2ca get within 1-2 seconds of me.
    Managed to hold onto 4th and slowly started to pull a gap again. Thankfully the leaders had their own problems and gaz ended up gifting me 3rd. Stu and truss were having a game of cat and mouse which allowed me to tag onto the back of truss.
    Had an awesome lap or 2 of racing against him. First move was a dive under brakes into the last chicane and going side-by-side through it, he got a better drive out so he was able to maintain 2nd.
    Then coming into the 1st corner another dive under brakes on the inside, not enough exit speed to take the position outright, and truss had a slightly better line leading to turn 2, so I swung the car over to the right so that I could get better exit speed.
    Pulled off an over-under move and had the inside line coming into turn 3 while neck to neck with truss. Went 2 wide again through turns 4 and 5, but I had better traction exiting 5 to finally take the position off him with about 7 laps to go.
    Pulled away ever so slightly over the next few laps while doing my best to chase down stu when I threw it away again and back down to 4th I went.
    Luck seemed go my way when a battling truss and dj had a moment which allowed me back into 2nd with a good 3 or 4 second gap when they got going again. Decided to take it easy and just make sure I bring the car home when all of a sudden I see @Jim_aka_The_Man looming in 3rd and closing in quickly. Lap 21 he was about 4 seconds behind, then 3 seconds back on lap 22. Seemed like he was on a dead set rampage when the gap was down to 2 seconds coming onto the straight for the last time.
    Fortunately he pushed himself into a spin at turn 11 and although I still had a comfortable 2 odd seconds on him still, I was even more relieved to see him leave me alone lol.

Crazy race and am very happy to take away 2nd. Well done to @stucar17 on the win and @Jim_aka_The_Man for rounding out the podium.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ssshhhhhhhh !

Was a strange race thats for sure.....Was happy with how it finished for me after messing up and then watching everyone fall off as well......this is why i love the livetrack on this game.....keeps things interesting and you have to stay on your toes. Anyway...

Qual i managed to put in a quick one and throw it on pole.....didnt mean much as i got a reasonable start but gave gary room on the inside of 1 and was in second by turn 2....I stayed behind for a lap to weigh up where he was strong and where i might be able to get a run, but on lap 2 poor Gaz's sat nav decided to :):):):) itself and he drove off the road going down the front straight ! That let @truss1984 close in on him, and gave me the chance to go about eaking out a gap which i did until lap 9 where i pulled 2 down shifts into the last turn and it spun me into the pit wall....was lucky not to go into pit lane completely where it would have been race over.

thankfully gary and truss had a gap back to @SuiCid3 in 4th, so i was able to slot in there and begin chasing them down....Bugger me again, Garys sat nav still wasnt repaired and he went left at turn 11 instead of right and gifted me a spot back.....i was closing at about .7 per lap on truss, and he managed to have a half lose at T8, so once again i was in the lead with the other guys not to far behind.....With about 4 to go i noticed @truss1984 @dj2ca @Jim_aka_The_Man @Bounty05 all fighting or close on track and my gap was out to about 5 seconds so i just eased back and got it to the end with the grip going away with the cloud cover...

Was enjoyable racing though....had a bit of everything ! Even tried to look after my left side tyres !
    [​IMG]
    @ned83 We did discuss trying to get you in again, just as you said you were out with your DSC....Sorry for the night to end for you like that.....generally dont have any issues with connections so not sure what caused that...

Well done to Rano and @Jim_aka_The_Man for rounding out the podium....shame about the lap one spin, i think we would have had the whole field in a renault train ..... On to the Redbull ring for the chaos of the sprint round....
    Stu