GT Sport Season 1 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    @Noremac how much poo was coming out during the middle of that race lol
    Noremac and Hatfield like this.
  2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I didn’t pit but I had to manage fuel and for a few laps ran level 3 fuel settings. Crossed the line with 0.1L left.
  3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

@Bryan_F
    After talking bout fuel last night i ran two ten lap stints this morning. one with last nights set up and one with more aggressive, closer to apexes. Forgot the overall time of both but i had 2.1 laps more of fuel left. Maybe GT got fuel burn spot on for sport.
    REVO_Bryan and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    can you please do a race without f'ing something up Russ
    Russell and REVO_Bryan like this.
  5. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    Too much fuel and a spin late in the race. I will always find a way to stuff it up
    Russell, emmo46 and Spidey_11 like this.
  6. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    Forget it mate I have think I touched remac who braked slightly earlier than us, apologys to him aswell
  7. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Ahh, that's why. I had no idea there were 'engine modes'
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  9. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    @Captain_Risky_21 far to much... and can you please start infront of me every time youve passed me ive disconnected haha was on for a 4th after gapping the pack trying to keep up with @Bryan_F and @Russell solid race guys
    Spidey_11 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  10. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I think Target have a special on undies if you need any lol. And it was a clean pass at least lol, not like last time
    Noremac likes this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING FOR ROUND 3
    [​IMG]
    R3.
    Kyoto Yamagiwa Reverse - 13 x2 laps - 1900 Sunny - 19/11 (Sprint Round)
    Tuning: Allowed
    Wear : x1
    Tyre Regs : RH
    Fuel Depletion : x1
    Initial Fuel : Default
    Qualifying regs : Open
    Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start 8:30 AEDT

[​IMG]

Was some great racing last week, mixed in with a few issues, here is hoping for a clean and enjoyable round 3.... Thanks to @emmo46 for keeping on top of the ladders....big job and he does it well.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : GOAL FOR THIS WEEK ..... MAKE IT THROUGH LAP 1 WITH NO-ONE SPINNING OR MAKING CONTACT ! Give an extra bit of room, and wait till the grid shakes out. Give up a spot if you need to, don't defend like it's the last corner of the last lap ... ;)

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There are a couple of spots here where running wide does give an advantage.... Making a mistake or 2 is expected, however doing it continually to gain advantage WILL RESULT in a post race penalty.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT
    : N/A

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. That said, race leaders cant barge their way past either. Please use your brains here, and give room when you can !

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room....

Good luck Sunday night
    Hat
    [​IMG]
    Spidey_11 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  12. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Oh how i love Telstra...
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

14. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Hey guys, won't be here for the next 2 races as travelling interstate, see y'all for Dragon Tail
  15. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 3 (provisional)
    Qualifying
    [​IMG]
    Race 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    What a tuff night of racing. I just seemed to make the car worse and got slower with every parctice session. Race1 started on pole but couldn't settle and was over driving the crap out of the car and track all while felling the relentless pressure of knuckles. We swapped places once or twice in the first few laps until i hit the wall on the exit of the long right hander. Giving knuckles and motors a run on me. I found it extremely hard to get by motors! Every time I had a chance I got it wrong and ended up losing ground, only to catch up and try again. But motors driving was enough to hang on to 2nd. Knuckles settled in and started pulling away and owned race1. Race 2 seen me come into contact with knuckles on lap1 causing him to hit the wall and spin, surly costing him the round. I'm really sorry about that. I thought I was away and couldn't believe on the replay how fast you were out wide. Though I still couldn't see you and I did try and leave room just incase. But It could of been avoided. I redressed and we both were a mile away from the field. But did our best to catch up to the pack and start making our way through. A very scrappy start to gtsport Iv had. #sorrykuckles!
    Knuckles likes this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if you cannot make it for any particular round, could you please POST HERE when you know you won't be attending

(or in your division PSN chat)
  18. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

All good. Had a good result still i think. Found a little pace with lightning. Must be the red paint. First race was hectic at the start. I knew i had to get in front from those few practice runs we had earlier. Race 2, was just flat out picking up what we could.
    Russell likes this.
  19. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    Horrible.... Couldn't get any pace no matter what I did, was on for a reasonable reverse grid finish till the turn 1 incident, must be punishment for being slow, no point going to the stewards as that person will still finish miles ahead of us. Bring on round 4
    Russell likes this.
  20. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Qualified 4th with a 35.1 despite having done mid 34s in practice so slightly disappointed but overall not to bad.

Race 1: Straight off the bat i got a slightly better launch than Luck which put me third. After that it soon turned into a three horse battle between Knuckles, Russell and myself however Russell would make a mistake at the right hander after the chicane which would put me into second. The aim was to pressure Knuckles however he would pull away slightly and would cruise to the win. however Russell after his error was now all over me. Russell was stronger in the first half of the track while i felt better in the second part of the track. In the end i'd just hold onto second by 2 tenths.

Race 2: Starting second last i wasn't expecting much knowing the calibre of the field and knowing it would be difficult holding Knuckles and Russell off. However pressure was eased when those two took each other out lap one. After that it became picking off everyone one by one which i was able to do on lap 7 when i went into the lead. Soon pulled a 3 second gap however Bryan starting reeling me in. Whilst i was taking it easy the final few laps were still tense. In the end i'd win by just under a second to win the round (I would presume).

Overall racing was clean and fair on my end so well done all. See you all at Bathurst
    incey and Russell like this.