GT Sport Season 1 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race 1 - That was a pretty good race overall. Kept my nerve and no major accidents. TY to epic for your spin to enable our battle for 5th, that was some good racing and I can see what you mean. I was trying to keep you at bay while keeping my nerves in check. There is no other motivator than to have a known race leader behind you pushing hard. Very happy for your comments.
    That 'convergence' on the small chicane was my undoing for our battle :(
    Next was Jonesy :)
    Our battle for 6th was very interesting and I now know why I didn't pass you when I had the chances. I noticed you had some very weird connection issues (zig zagging all over the course) So I wasn't sure if I moved on you would I hit you when you moved half a track away....
    The bump on the first corner was my fault and it ended my chances to take 6th. Still caught you by the end though..
    So happy to have someone to compete with at my level.
    It will be an entertaining season as we both push each other to be better racers. Keep up the work Jonesy!!
    Tristan Jones, TheMugsy and pat65 like this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hopefully we can get people in their correct divisions for Series 2, I see a pretty big shuffle coming up.
    I do think though that tuning may be clouding the issue a bit. I see a lot of generally quick guys struggling a bit and wonder if they have attempted to tune.
    Ozglenn likes this.
  3. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    I think you're right in that tuning plays a pretty big role in overall performance at the moment, especially if you don't have the time needed during the week to test or don't understand tuning completely.
  4. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    I said it last week and I will say it again - Bahaha naacs is in Div 4!!
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I just did the times and he had the fourth quickest race time for the night and and fourth fastest lap time. A fabulous effort:thumbsup:
    But division 4?????o_O
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  6. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Must of had sandbags in the back on the qualifying lap for division placement ;)
    emmo46 and Cyberstig1 like this.
  7. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Bahaha!!
    He is being very quiet.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    definitely.
  9. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Didn't realise I had connection issues! I haven't seen anyone else moving around, though have seen clips on forums so knows it looks obvious when you see it. I will have to ask the missus if she was on facebook at the time...we usually have a great connection.

I was wondering why you seemed to be holding back, when you got close I noticed I was able to grow the gap just a little, and figured it was just a hard track to pass on.
    Glad we had a chat about the 1st corner bump after the first race, about 5th lap or so? I still have to watch the reply. From what I remember, I figured I would brake late to be able to get inside and defend - but was too late, panicked, for some reason my finger hit down an extra gear and I thought I would be in the wall. After just keeping it on the tarmac, I just started to put throttle on lightly and turn in...and found you were going in tighter than me and bumped me. I wondered if I caused it all! Drove away without you following...wondering if I should give you the position, good to hear your side after the race.

Our other close call on the small chicane a lap or 2 before left me smiling/ bemused for a while, you had been coming up relatively quickly behind me, I figured by being that close, and that you had made pace on me on that corner in previous laps, you would pass me - so I moved right off line and slowed...but the pass never came, I eventually had to turn in, almost cringing hoping I wouldn't find the side of you while coming past...and you stayed behind - both of us too polite!
    Up to that point I had pretty much figured you would beat me by the end, I had only passed you when you wiped out on the 2nd corner chicane, and you qualified faster.
    After you didn't take that pass, I started racing harder...getting a 1:37 or two, after qualifying with a 1:38 - though through the week managed to get at least one 1:37 every few laps. Just like through the week though, I started to make little mistakes here and there, losing a hundredth or two spinning the wheels in or out of corners.

I had actually built hopes of beating you in the second race, I think I passed you when you wiped out, then we played chasing for a while...every time I lost a bit on the corner I figured you must have made some little mistake as well, because you were making some good time on some corners. After you passed me I still held hope, but those last 3 laps you made about 2 seconds per lap on me! After giving up on taking you I saw @Ozglenn quickly catching up, was suprised I held on to that, another lap he would have had me!
    Ozglenn and Matthyus like this.
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'm not sure its a connection issue, but its very unsettling seeing a car go sideways while still driving all over the track. You just don't know what you can do. It might be my end, but I'm got top end NBN with a Gigabit wired PS4. I shouldn't have an issue :)

Interesting, that would seem to account for me bumping you. I know I was moving fast, prob a smidge too fast for the corner, but was hoping to hold it through and pass you on the outside line, but when you didn't move along as intended, I rammed the brakes on and blammo, into the wall I went :(
    I caught back up, but didn't have the laps to finish it off. I assume you are all good with the outcome :)

This was when we were neck and neck down that crappy downhill bend into the chicane. I hate that downhill section, I always broke a little earlier to ensure I got my line right, but you did the same as we were bother super close to each other. Both being super polite racers, we did the right thing :) I wonder how the race would have played out if I took the chance?!?!
    After the bump on lap 10 or so, it was over, but my determination kept me in the race, happy days!!

I loved the 2nd race, once I got past my stack on the first lap :(
    I was so dirty on myself for that simple brain fade, I could have done really well on that go.
    It's a hard track to pass on and still being a newbie driver, not 100% confident of where passing chances are.
    You are right in that I would catch you up, but then I would lose you for a bit, then catch right back up. I reckon it came down to getting the lines right and just having some clean laps.
    On the replay I noticed that @@Ozglenn had caught right up and was tailing me (I didn't even notice o.0), but he spun out coming into the home straight, but before I passed you :) Was both happy and sad.
    Plus once I got past you I had found what was missing from the first race. My mojo. My laps weren't fantastic compared to the leaders, but damn they were some fine laps. I was stoked that I was able to catch up my 5s to you, then pass, put 5s more between us and narrow the gap to 6th from 15s to 5s in 2 / 3 laps. Sadly a missed opportunity.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  11. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Good racing on the weekend
    Race 1: Started 7th but didnt get a great start and fell back a couple spots, from there I was just sort of following Matty and Tristan but a few mistakes by myself set me back, although I managed to get past JC as he had a couple of offs however a big off by me due to a distraction mid way through caused him to catch up and pass and I couldn't catch up as he had the better pace.
    Race 2: Started 2nd due to 9th place finish in race 1. had a better start and lead lap 1 :thumbsup: however I was quickly passed by ERR after a mistake on T1 on Lap 2 where I ran wide. I was soon passed by other quick drivers such as Naacs and CAB a mistake by naacs at T1 put me back on the podium momentarily. Pat was next to line me up, I kept him at bay for a little bit but he managed to pass and soon after that naacs got passed me as well putting me down in 5th. Going into the last lap I had a comfortable gap to 6th place JC and wasn't going to catch the cars in front of me, however, a mistake at the 2nd chicane put me in the wall :mad: and my gap to JC diminished and he overtook me and as said before he had more pace plus the advantage of only half a lap to go so I wasn't going to catch him so had to settle with 6th :( very disappointing end to a decent race. See you all at the next round :cool:
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    So that's why I caught you :)
    and hear I thought it was due to my kick arse driving ...
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    This Sunday's Bathurst round will be a retro round!

Try your hand a creating a retro livery to run this Sunday

This is something I would like to continue for upcoming seasons too. Photographers get those cameras ready!

Sorry for the late notice
    AroGantz and Kieran_B33 like this.
  14. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    My hottest lap yet :) Can still clean up a few sections, but feeling pretty good about the car and track overall now
    pat65, CAB77 and AroGantz like this.
  15. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Nice work, I'm about a third of the way through a 95 Larry Perkins livery.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    like this?
    [​IMG]
    Tristan Jones, Ozglenn and AroGantz like this.
  17. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Are you thinking replica retro or anything goes retro?
  18. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Remarkably similar.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    surprise me!
    Matthyus likes this.
  20. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Mission accepted! !!