PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Tried to make a short clip highlight reel but too much action...

Anthonyb, webnomad, stucar17 and 2 others like this.
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING FOR ROUND 3
    [​IMG]
    R3. NURBURGRING GP
    - 23 LAPS - 21/8/17
    Qualifying @ 1pm - (1 weather slot Medium Cloud)
    Race Start @ 2pm - Med cloud / light cloud / clear / Heavy cloud
    - Time progression : REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop : NO
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Accelerated
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time

[​IMG]
    Was some great racing last week, mixed in with a few issues, here is hoping for a clean and enjoyable round 3.... We have new members @Hoppy and hopefully @Les 317 joining the div 3 and 4 rooms.... I also have a couple of other guys sniffing around looking to join as well... Thanks to @dj2ca for keeping on top of the ladders....big job and he does it well..... @Rumbleshorts are you able to host this week ? If not, i will set up the room for you all and then leave one of the regulars in charge to get things started.....Would just need someone with a reasonable solid connection to be second in the room to take over hosting when i leave.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

TURN 1 LAP 1 : GOAL FOR THIS WEEK ..... MAKE IT THROUGH LAP 1 WITH NO-ONE SPINNING OR MAKING CONTACT ! Give an extra bit of room, and wait till the grid shakes out. Give up a spot if you need to, don't defend like it's the last corner of the last lap ... ;)

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There are a couple of spots here where running wide does give an advantage.... Making a mistake or 2 is expected, however doing it continually to gain advantage WILL RESULT in a post race penalty.
    - Turn 2 and the entry to Turn 3 (mercedes arena)
    - The exit of Turn 4, is a big advantage by running wide....
    - The Exit of Turn 11 (Kumho Kurve)
    - Turns 15 and 16 (final chicane)
    All are pretty self explanatory, however the last chicane will be looked at closely post race...Its very easy to straight line it and gain bulk time.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    - Turn 1
    - Turn 3
    - Turn 8
    - The chicane
    These are all points i have noticed its easy to run up the backside of someone..be wary if you are in a train of 3 or 4 cars and brake little earlier....Its easy here to make up time using the draft. As i said above, the goal this week is NO CONTACT ON THE FIRST LAP ! If all divisions get through cleanly there will be a case of beer to all drivers courtesy of @dj2ca !

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : N/A
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A

BLUE FLAGS :
    There has been a few instances where lapped cars are not giving clear passage to the race leaders. Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those you are running with. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. That said, race leaders cant barge their way past either. Please use your brains here, and give room when you can !

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved ! I believe some people havent been able to save, this may mean you need to clear out some space from your replay library...

Good luck Sunday night
    Stu
    [​IMG]
  4. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    . As i said above, the goal this week is NO CONTACT ON THE FIRST LAP ! If all divisions get through cleanly there will be a case of beer to all drivers courtesy of @@dj2ca !

ill pull over to the side for a VB 30PK :)
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I can host this round. Guys, if you don't have me in your friends list, please send me a FR.
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
  7. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Hi Guys, Maybe i will be a little late tonight , will try and make it but will let you know early evening in here if i cannot.
    Possibly will be home between 8.00 - 8.15 , if you cannot hold out that is fine totally get it.
    Just giving you a heads up.
    Vrrrrrm Vrmmmmmm
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Rumbleshorts can you take this into account please. Thanks Stu
  9. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Anyone have an updated list of drivers for this division? trying to make a list and missing g a few (and jot sure of a few names).

Metal, if you aren't on by 8:20 we will start qually and hope you can make it in by 8:30
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  10. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    had a great race for 7th bt think i might be dis qualified, during my lonely laps by my self at 1 corner i jst ran off and after 12 hours on time trial over last 2 days i did hit L3 and reset...sorry guys wasnt trying to cheat just had a moment

i panicked, after race n came straight here to explain n didnt save..but i ran off and was getting caught in the end laps..again..apologies
    Anthonyb and SuiCid3 like this.
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I didn't notice.

Sorry Bout the dramas with the hosting tonight.i thought I had all setup right and was an issue with post qually cool down timer. And the start setting was wrong so had to restart the room a couple times.

Then there was the race start craziness off the grid (not sure what happened, I just watched it all unfold from the back) so chose to restart the lobby with rolling restart.

Grats to the winners, hope someone got SS?

Come back ads lol
    Ad2mny, Ford69xw, webnomad and 4 others like this.
  12. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    :laugh: :laugh: You’re all good man, I assume there was no distinct advantage gained, don’t stress
    Anthonyb likes this.
  13. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Thanks Guys! I Actually made it back in time anyway! Thanks for the awesome race. Was 3rd for a while fell back to 8th after a spin back to 3rd , 2nd , another spin (tires where now starting to loose grip) 5th the end result. Posted my fastest lap during the race on this track. Happy As Larry Regardless! See you all next week!
    PaulCox, stucar17, dj2ca and 2 others like this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks for hosting @Rumbleshorts .... it can be a pain in the bum to set up when not used to it......
    thanks to everyone for their patience ....
  15. tafamare

tafamare Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    tafamare, Steam: pixel_therapy
    so... quick question... of the 3 red ull ring configurations which one is the Sprint circuit that we are racing ??? o_O
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    gp i think its called...
    [​IMG]
    tafamare and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  17. tafamare

tafamare Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    tafamare, Steam: pixel_therapy
    stucar17 likes this.
  18. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Its a sprint round, not a sprint circuit. If that is what you were thinking.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    also, no-one has got them to dj as yet.....
    @annelorrianne you dont have them do you ?